House Price Crash Forum

We Need To Talk About Immigration

HOLA441

Only Boomers care about being called 'racist' these days. Even 'nice' Canadians are freaking out at Trudeau importing millions of Indians to Canada.

Mass immigration is war by other means.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
13 hours ago, FANG said:

The ONS issued a national population projection last month

Predicting that nearly 14million people will move to the UK between 2021 and 2036. 

We need to talk about immigration - spiked (spiked-online.com)

Assuming this comes to fruition you can pretty much take it to the bank that Britain becomes a third world country.

Immigration per se is no bad thing if you have a thriving economy and the imported labour is skilled.

However, as far as I can tell the immigration is predominately people who can hardly speak fluent English and don't have any relevant skills or education to improve the country.

Therefore, they will be a net drain on the economy and it will lower the standard of living for everyone.

Here's the problem for the establishment. Young people are not having children and we have an ageing population that have been promised pensions and those pensions need young people working to help pay for those promises.

They are not having children because they cannot afford to or more precisely it is due to factors that makes the prospect a dire one.

Expensive housing, poor services at hospitals and doctors, low paid jobs and serious cultural issues. Also, overcrowding in cities, rising crime & a corrupt government and so on.

It seems to me the establishment has not figured out yet that if you have under 40s who are poor and have no assets in low paid work that not only will they not have children but they will be unable to save money and do things such as invest in pensions etc.

That makes the pension deficits even worse and tax revenue declines because you cannot tax poor people.

Lastly, there appears to be a start of foreign born people who have been living here moving back to their homeland due to poor living standards here.

A Hong Kong woman I know was telling me about how many of them who moved here recently are shocked at the wages.

They can't believe you only get £11 per hour for wiping peoples ars**.

The wages in China are much higher for that kind of work and furthermore they don't wipe them in China you are left to do that yourself or stink from what she was telling me.

I am also seeing many Brits saying that they plan on leaving the country too so this is going to be a dynamic that plays out and the outcome does not bode well for Britain.

The only people who are going to move here is folk from Africa and maybe a few other places that are so backward Britain might be an improvement for them.

But that goes back to my comment about the standard of labour which will not improve productivity.

Bottom line??

The political/parasitical class cannot keep rent extracting form the masses without dire consequences.

It will result in the currency losing a catastrophic amount of purchasing power and interest rates going to the moon as foreign investors pull out from investing in a nation on its way to becoming Argentina.

My guess is Britain might actually struggle to attract that many people.

Asia is going to attract labour because that is where the wealth is  and where more of it is going.

Edited by The Angry Capitalist

HOLA443
2 hours ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

My guess is Britain might actually struggle to attract that many people.

Canada has apparently seen a major drop in visa applications, and a rise in emigration. 

As you say, the future is in BRICS++. Any competent person looking to emigrate will be looking there, not here.

HOLA444
15 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

there is a baby bust going on.

the ratio of retired to working age is becoming worse, and already talks of raising retirement age to 71

need someone to be paying taxes when we retire 

Pensioners get non means tested pensions, free public transport, discounted energy bills.

Parents get .. £2000 tax relief to the cost of nursery. The average cost of full time nursery is £15k, or part time £7.5k. 

Yes I wonder why people have stopped having kids. 

At least labour and the tories have committed to keeping the triple lock. ****** british families, we can import the rest of the world to take care of the pensioners.

HOLA445
3 hours ago, MarkG said:

Canada has apparently seen a major drop in visa applications, and a rise in emigration. 

As you say, the future is in BRICS++. Any competent person looking to emigrate will be looking there, not here.

Aren't you the guy who loves the war mongering murderer Putin? Why are you tucking yourself safely away in Canada? Go move to Russia. They're the "R" in BRICS.

HOLA446
13 hours ago, winkie said:

I am a bit confused.......why if public services are now shit, property and rents so unaffordable, working conditions poor, wages low, do so many people want to come here......surely there must be better countries now could move to?;)

well...my wife is asian and she is only here because I don't want to move there. All her middle class friends send their kids to uni in Australia or US, a minority go to Europe and none to UK which is seen as a poor choice nowadays. 

HOLA447
1 hour ago, cbathpc said:

At least labour and the tories have committed to keeping the triple lock. ****** british families, we can import the rest of the world to take care of the pensioners.

This is the unintended consequence of a policy 

HOLA448
28 minutes ago, MancTom said:

well...my wife is asian and she is only here because I don't want to move there. All her middle class friends send their kids to uni in Australia or US, a minority go to Europe and none to UK which is seen as a poor choice nowadays. 

Know of British that have sent their kids to the US to study and someone who sent theirs to Europe to study and learn a language.☺️

HOLA449
21 hours ago, FANG said:

This is a very worrying article that spells more misery for the UK

A great many of the the "record number of immigrants" are foreign students.  We must be making a bomb on them while they're here.  Some of the clever ones might stay here and boost our economy with their super high IQ's and work ethic.

Another large bloc are from Hong Kong and we might have similar hopes there.

Then we've stolen thousands of Ukrainian women as well, I bet a lot of those never go back.

So it is not all misery when you look at it like that.

HOLA4410
22 minutes ago, kzb said:

A great many of the the "record number of immigrants" are foreign students.  We must be making a bomb on them while they're here.  Some of the clever ones might stay here and boost our economy with their super high IQ's and work ethic.

Another large bloc are from Hong Kong and we might have similar hopes there.

Then we've stolen thousands of Ukrainian women as well, I bet a lot of those never go back.

So it is not all misery when you look at it like that.

I hope their high IQs mean they know acronyms aren't pluralised with an apostrophe 😉

HOLA4411
27 minutes ago, kzb said:

The most dangerous group of all how many marriages will they break up, the only way to get rich is to marry an old British guy with a house and help him die.

HOLA4412
4 minutes ago, shlomo said:

The most dangerous group of all how many marriages will they break up

By all accounts there've been a few already !  However, to counter that, how many men will now find a good wife, who wouldn't have done before ?

6 minutes ago, shlomo said:

the only way to get rich is to marry an old British guy with a house and help him die.

I'd be happy with that.

HOLA4413
12 minutes ago, Stewy said:

I hope their high IQs mean they know acronyms aren't pluralised with an apostrophe 😉

At secondary school we were taught plural acronyms do indeed have an apostrophe.  Since then I've learned this is often frowned upon but it is still allowed if the acronym is capitalised throughout and it is not a common acronym that is often used "as a word".  But I still keep going back to school in my head with things like this !

HOLA4414
37 minutes ago, shlomo said:

The only way to get rich is to marry an old British guy with a house and help him die.

29 minutes ago, kzb said:

I'd be happy with that.

Maybe you should hook up with Stewy 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

This is an interesting read.  The new Director General of Immigration Enforcement, Bas Javid, is the brother of former Home Secretary Sajid Javid.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/02/20/bas-javid-immigration-enforcement-rwanda-sajid-brother/

He chooses his words very carefully and diplomatically not to stray into politics, but to focus on the job in hand.

the Government’s new legislation is aimed at closing loopholes, meaning people who are here illegally, especially those convicted of crimes, will no longer be allowed to stay in the UK.”

It’s a tough subject. Ultimately, immigration enforcement is about identifying people who have no legal right to be in the UK, tracking them, working on the case and ultimately removing them...

“There are clearly people within the illegal immigration sphere who are criminals,” he says. “Then at the other extreme are people who are victims of crime, subject to modern-day slavery, poor working practices or exploitation of one kind or another. Then there are people who came through a legal route, but for one reason or another have either abused the conditions under which they were here, or overstayed, or become illegal because they’ve offended. It’s not cut and dry. It’s important to do it with compassion. But we follow the law, and the law of our country is if you have no legal right to be in the UK, you have no right to be here. I don’t make the laws. I’m here to make sure we enforce them.” 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Orb said:

For anybody that wants a detailed anecdotal story about what it's really like shacking up with a female Ukrainian refugee might want to read this (rather long) forum post. 

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/topic/619075-is-it-normal-to-always-have-to-pay-everything-for-a-woman-even-in-a-relationship/

She's very much in the traditional female role, and a lot of men would be very happy with that.

He gives it away a bit when he says, at age 38, he's never been in a relationship before.  I think he is on a learning curve. 

HOLA4419
8 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Aren't you the guy who loves the war mongering murderer Putin? Why are you tucking yourself safely away in Canada? Go move to Russia. They're the "R" in BRICS.

I don't believe I've ever said anything about loving Putin. But you sound like you're getting desperate now it's clear that NATO is losing WWIII.

Welcome to my ignore list.

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, kzb said:

He gives it away a bit when he says, at age 38, he's never been in a relationship before.  I think he is on a learning curve. 

When we say Ukrainian women are the apex predators of the female world we're not kidding.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
5 hours ago, kzb said:

Is she a Ukrainian girl ??

A lovely pair of plateaus that one 😍

HOLA4425
10 hours ago, cbathpc said:

Pensioners get non means tested pensions, free public transport, discounted energy bills.

Parents get .. £2000 tax relief to the cost of nursery. The average cost of full time nursery is £15k, or part time £7.5k. 

Why are we having to work to pay others to look after our own children?.......cost of living is high enough.......some fortunate people have parents, family and others they know who can help with child care.....otherwise they would have to give up work to care for their children.....best person is a happy mum or dad spending time with their happy children, quality time that will never get back again......when it is gone it is gone.......first five to seven important years......cost of living and housing costs have negatively impacted so many parents and children........our future, then you wonder why people are choosing no longer to have children.;)