EasyJet Cancel 1700 Flights

HOLA441
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

I thought the cancellations were primarily caused by air traffic control restrictions.

We were delayed coming back from Berlin yesterday, only an hour. 

Combined flight and airport parking costs just slightly less than the cost of 2 evening meals. 

HOLA444
21 hours ago, captainb said:

Took me 4.5hours to get train from Sheffield to London yesterday. Standing most of that way also.

97 quid.

Never again

Similar journey by coach last year - was pleasantly surprised how comfortable and at a fraction of the price by train.  

HOLA445
2 hours ago, winkie said:

Do you still have the boat?

I have used the ferry taking the car to both France and Spain.....driving on the continent is very relaxed, motorways very good condition.....camping is very popular, outside tourist areas can get very cheap accomodation......once stayed at the campsite in Paris, bus stop outside straight into Paris and euro Disney, an alternative holiday if got kids with you.;)

Yes, on it now.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
4 hours ago, pig said:

Similar journey by coach last year - was pleasantly surprised how comfortable and at a fraction of the price by train.  

I’ve used national express many many times. They are brilliant, can’t recommend them enough. Great way to get to and from the airport, unless of course you arrive at stansted, at midnight, in which case it’s ‘sorry mate we’re closed’! May as well have landed on the fakin moon.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
3 hours ago, Sackboii said:

Were you served by a jolly hostess selling crisps and tea ? 😁

Lol no - have fond memories of epic coach journeys as a teen though...

5 minutes ago, MarkD said:

I’ve used national express many many times. They are brilliant, can’t recommend them enough. Great way to get to and from the airport, unless of course you arrive at stansted, at midnight, in which case it’s ‘sorry mate we’re closed’! May as well have landed on the fakin moon.

Grudgingly  - I'd never say it out loud as I'm guilty of extolling the train - you might have a point.

Had a 'I'm NOT paying that' moment for a train fare  (tbf I think I was late booking) so took the coach. All smooth on time comfortable etc etc

One of major whinges about coach in the past was traffic jams (tbf same for cars!)  but then the number of train delays and issues I've had...

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Shitballs! Yes, they cancelled my flights to and from Italy in a couple of weeks. Holiday almost ruined, but luckily I've managed to sort out other flights on the same day, so not too much damage done.

The only reason I booked EasyJet rather than BA was because the BA flights left at stupid o'clock in the morning and I don't like waking up at 3:30am to drive to the airport. But now I'll have to anyway.

I won't be using EasyJet again I don't think. Even RyanAir aren't that shite. It also pisses me off that they say it's £50 for the flight but then you have to pay another £50 book a seat, £100 to take some carry-on baggage on etc. I'll just stand, shall I? Oh, you can't, so why not just give me the actual price of the effing flight?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
27 minutes ago, Bear Goggles said:

Shitballs! Yes, they cancelled my flights to and from Italy in a couple of weeks. Holiday almost ruined, but luckily I've managed to sort out other flights on the same day, so not too much damage done.

The only reason I booked EasyJet rather than BA was because the BA flights left at stupid o'clock in the morning and I don't like waking up at 3:30am to drive to the airport. But now I'll have to anyway.

I won't be using EasyJet again I don't think. Even RyanAir aren't that shite. It also pisses me off that they say it's £50 for the flight but then you have to pay another £50 book a seat, £100 to take some carry-on baggage on etc. I'll just stand, shall I? Oh, you can't, so why not just give me the actual price of the effing flight?

Funny story, never book a seat, usually can move to sit with travelling companion anyway later......but not always, no big deal, sat next to this guy whose wife was sitting next to my friend about 20 seats in front......easy I said can do a swap..... no he said I would rather stay sitting here thank you......;)

HOLA4416
12 hours ago, MancTom said:

Glad I moved south. The trains are a revelation after experiencing northern companies. Air conditioning, wifi that actually works and can always get a seat (because there are so many carriages).

A massive difference. We live on a 2 carriage Cross Country line in the Midlands which we have to use to get to the big train. No Advance purchase tickets,  off peak tickets between 10.50 and 14.30 only, most expensive per mile in the UK, always late so miss your connecting train. It goes to Stansted but let's us down over and over, last time took 6 hours as opposed to the 1.5 hrs timetable and this year prices way OTT.  One of a dozen reasons we have to move.

HOLA4417
On 7/10/2023 at 12:22 PM, winkie said:

Sometimes airlines consolidate flights to fill all the seats on one flight, if not all seats sold on two flights...saving fuel, helps to keep the price of flights low, business decision?;)

That's exactly what EJ have done with me. I booked a late afternoon return flight to get an extra half-day on holiday. They've cancelled that, so now just the early morning flight which they've moved us onto. So instead of a lay in, nice leisurely breakfast and some last minute sightseeing, it's now a mad rush to the airport after half a nights sleep and a hangover with all the local commuters in rush hour. Of course, I could stay an extra night - but, now the hotel have caught on and bumped their prices up too.

BrianAir have done similar to some friends.

None of them are particularly cheap anymore either after you add in all the extras like being able to sit down, go to the toilet, take more than a days worth of clothes, go on a plane which has an engine and pilot 🤡

HOLA4418
9 hours ago, BobAJob3 said:

That's exactly what EJ have done with me. I booked a late afternoon return flight to get an extra half-day on holiday. They've cancelled that, so now just the early morning flight which they've moved us onto. So instead of a lay in, nice leisurely breakfast and some last minute sightseeing, it's now a mad rush to the airport after half a nights sleep and a hangover with all the local commuters in rush hour. Of course, I could stay an extra night - but, now the hotel have caught on and bumped their prices up too.

BrianAir have done similar to some friends.

None of them are particularly cheap anymore either after you add in all the extras like being able to sit down, go to the toilet, take more than a days worth of clothes, go on a plane which has an engine and pilot 🤡

I love the low cost airlines......not everyone wants the extras or pay for checking in a heavy case...... want to take lots of stuff better off driving, most things can be bought the other side if forgotten something......holidays surprising how little clothes will wear, generally the same tops and shorts.......lots goes home unworn, the lighter the plane the less fuel it uses.......heavy cases cost.;)

HOLA4419

Joke airline, always has been. I used to get the first flight out of Luton, there's nothing to delay it right? No prior flights blocking the runway. 40-50% of the time it would leave an hour late.

Then they became expensive, so I switched to Ryanair. By then Ryanair had stopped the antics of the 2000s that made them infamous, and they actually attempt to get the plane off on time. So much so that 95% of the time the Easyjet passengers were still waiting to board while we were off (flights taking off with 10/20 minutes of each other from gates next to each other).

HOLA4420
16 hours ago, winkie said:

Funny story, never book a seat, usually can move to sit with travelling companion anyway later......but not always, no big deal, sat next to this guy whose wife was sitting next to my friend about 20 seats in front......easy I said can do a swap..... no he said I would rather stay sitting here thank you......;)

Actually, this is pretty much true. The majority of the time I'll get a aisle or window seat. If a centre, then be the last on the plane (harder to do than you'd think) and sit where's free. 

HOLA4421
18 minutes ago, yodigo said:

Actually, this is pretty much true. The majority of the time I'll get a aisle or window seat. If a centre, then be the last on the plane (harder to do than you'd think) and sit where's free. 

If do not pay for a seat they will put you in a middle seat hoping you will then decide to pay....actually if two of you are both put in a middle seat rows away there is a chance of max four potential seats spare......so one can easily move into one of them.;)

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, winkie said:

If do not pay for a seat they will put you in a middle seat hoping you will then decide to pay....actually if two of you are both put in a middle seat rows away there is a chance of max four potential seats spare......so one can easily move into one of them.;)

They don't always put you in a middle seat, majority of the time they don't. Saying that, I once got the emergency row middle seat (nice legroom) then the person on the isle seat moved away to sit with a friend, so that was a good result 🙂

HOLA4423
On 10/07/2023 at 14:10, longgone said:

I don't use budget airlines.

Ryan air easyjet 🤣 i would rather gaffer tape my bag to my back and walk to my destination.

Ryan running a fleet of death traps renamed to 737-8200 

Agreed. I'd gladly spend twice the ticket price to avoid them. If I'm traveling with family and bringing bags I don't even bother with the budget airlines. I've found it can work our cheaper going indirect, adding a couple of hours and going business anyway. 

HOLA4424
18 hours ago, winkie said:

You can't fly EasyJet without booking a seat. I'm not sure whether even Ryan Air does booking without start reservations anymore. The scrum to rush to the plane was annoying the airports if I remember rightly, plus issues with young kids being stuck sitting away from parents, so they've put a stop to it I think.

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

Agreed. I'd gladly spend twice the ticket price to avoid them. If I'm traveling with family and bringing bags I don't even bother with the budget airlines. I've found it can work our cheaper going indirect, adding a couple of hours and going business anyway. 

Generally, it's worth spending the extra, and sometimes once you've added all the "add-ons" - like actually taking some luggage, or booking a seat - it doesn't work out much extra. It's just that some destinations are only served by budget airlines, and sometimes departure timings are a consideration (there's no way to make a 06:30 departure time pleasant).