HOLA441
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
13 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66153416

How do they come back from this after the same issues last year? You’d have to be crazy to book with then these days…

Last used them on the 1st July on way back from Italy. It was an absolute shambles, knock-on effect from recent French ATC strikes and whatnot. Delayed 3 hours, flight absolutely packed, surrounded by screaming infants, terminal in Pisa no seating space, not even on the floor! Not really EasyJet's fault but it's the last time I'll be booking a flight with a 'budget' airline having had probably hundreds of them over the last 30 years.

From now on it'll be business class only, or I'll drive. 

Edited by Sackboii

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

The trains are a shambles , always on strike or have engineering work unable to provide a 7 day service . Every holiday season there is some issue with the ferries or the planes either at border issues or someone is on strike. Welcome to the modern world

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
10 minutes ago, clarkey said:

The trains are a shambles , always on strike or have engineering work unable to provide a 7 day service . Every holiday season there is some issue with the ferries or the planes either at border issues or someone is on strike. Welcome to the modern world

Took me 4.5hours to get train from Sheffield to London yesterday. Standing most of that way also.

97 quid.

Never again

HOLA449
4 minutes ago, longgone said:

I don't use budget airlines.

Ryan air easyjet 🤣 i would rather gaffer tape my bag to my back and walk to my destination.

Ryan running a fleet of death traps renamed to 737-8200 

Ryanair do use max aircraft.......very safe now.

Have no problem with Ryanair....... brilliant affordable service imo.;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 minute ago, longgone said:

Add travel cost to the airport. No saving. 

Share with a friend......all should be happy to help each other out, make a trip out of it....often carparking at airport is many times higher than the cost of a return flight.;)

HOLA4412
4 minutes ago, winkie said:

Share with a friend......all should be happy to help each other out, make a trip out of it....often carparking at airport is many times higher than the cost of a return flight.;)

£1.75 to heathrow for me 

Why would i want to park if it costs many times more than the flight cost 😂

Lol

HOLA4413
4 minutes ago, longgone said:

£1.75 to heathrow for me 

Why would i want to park if it costs many times more than the flight cost 😂

Lol

Half an hour drive.....nothing if someone drops you off/picks you up....... reciprocal arrangement.;)

HOLA4414
2 minutes ago, winkie said:

Half an hour drive.....nothing if someone drops you off/picks you up....... reciprocal arrangement.;)

Stanstead is a vile place to get to and a road toll. 

Gatwick is not much cheaper not worth the effort most of the time. 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
18 hours ago, longgone said:

Add travel cost to the airport. No saving. 

Taxi to airport. 15 quid.

pick up from airport. Free from in laws.

win win. I really don’t mind Ryanair, you get what you pay for and on a 2 1/2 hour flight the extras are irrelevant.

HOLA4422
18 hours ago, winkie said:

Ferry, but all seem to be french ferries now Brittany ferries or on the shuttle.......driving can be a good alternative, but need the extra time, flights are the only alternative when only got one or two weeks holiday.;)

We always use the ferry as we are usually away for a few months and need the car, fully loaded with stuff of course.

HOLA4423
10 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

We always use the ferry as we are usually away for a few months and need the car, fully loaded with stuff of course.

Do you still have the boat?

I have used the ferry taking the car to both France and Spain.....driving on the continent is very relaxed, motorways very good condition.....camping is very popular, outside tourist areas can get very cheap accomodation......once stayed at the campsite in Paris, bus stop outside straight into Paris and euro Disney, an alternative holiday if got kids with you.;)

HOLA4424
19 hours ago, captainb said:

Took me 4.5hours to get train from Sheffield to London yesterday. Standing most of that way also.

97 quid.

Never again

Glad I moved south. The trains are a revelation after experiencing northern companies. Air conditioning, wifi that actually works and can always get a seat (because there are so many carriages).

HOLA4425