House Price Crash Forum

japan birth rate. naaaaaa

jimmy2x3

HOLA441

The birth rate in japan is allways brought up by the media when discussing future societies and the severe implications of it. 

yet infact right here in scotland we have a birthrate that is far lower than japam, its kind of hidden though due to the fact that the scottish fertility rate is the bundled into the uk rate.This masks the fact scotland not japan has the worst birth rate in the world. lets rejoice though its actually rose a little since covid.

i quote 

The fertility rate increased slightly to 1.31 after falling to 1.29 last year, ...   scottish fertility rate

There were only 46,809 births in 2020, which is the lowest number since records began in 1855."

The birth rate has been falling since the early 1960s, when there was more than 100,000 births per year.

Its projection is for Scotland’s population to fall from the current peak of 5.5million to 4.6m, a drop of 900,000 or 16% between 2022 and 2072, with low birth rate the key driver.

for the uk as the whole

Year

Fertility Rate Growth Rate
2023 1.754 0.060%
2022 1.753 0.060%
2021 1.752 0.000%

and finally japans fertility rate 

20 Dec 2022  Japan's total fertility rate — the average number of children a woman will bear in her lifetime — was 1.30 in 2021, down 0.03 percentage ...

All are falling greater than replacement which is 2.1  however scotlands is falling faster than any other country in the world. even immigration is starting to drop off which was masking the drop and hiding the extreme low fertility rate. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, jimmy2x3 said:

The birth rate in japan is allways brought up by the media when discussing future societies and the severe implications of it. 

yet infact right here in scotland we have a birthrate that is far lower than japam, its kind of hidden though due to the fact that the scottish fertility rate is the bundled into the uk rate.This masks the fact scotland not japan has the worst birth rate in the world. lets rejoice though its actually rose a little since covid.

i quote 

The fertility rate increased slightly to 1.31 after falling to 1.29 last year, ...   scottish fertility rate

There were only 46,809 births in 2020, which is the lowest number since records began in 1855."

The birth rate has been falling since the early 1960s, when there was more than 100,000 births per year.

Its projection is for Scotland’s population to fall from the current peak of 5.5million to 4.6m, a drop of 900,000 or 16% between 2022 and 2072, with low birth rate the key driver.

for the uk as the whole

Year

Fertility Rate Growth Rate
2023 1.754 0.060%
2022 1.753 0.060%
2021 1.752 0.000%

and finally japans fertility rate 

20 Dec 2022  Japan's total fertility rate — the average number of children a woman will bear in her lifetime — was 1.30 in 2021, down 0.03 percentage ...

All are falling greater than replacement which is 2.1  however scotlands is falling faster than any other country in the world. even immigration is starting to drop off which was masking the drop and hiding the extreme low fertility rate. 

Not very pretty stats at all.

Didn't realize it was so bad up there.

Why isn't anyone having sexy-time in Scotland?

Looks like a country about to be hollowed out ...

How much is the birth rate supplemented by immigration (both skilled worker and refugee)?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
10 minutes ago, TerryBoi said:

How much is the birth rate supplemented by immigration (both skilled worker and refugee)?

The long term consequence of somewhere that just becomes too reliant on public money and not enough private enterprise. 

It's politics just then orbits how much money it can wrangle from Westminster and dangling empty threats about leaving  occasionally.  

A lot of the North sea workers over the years just never settled in Scotland meaning they weren't supporting the local economy there. The public money clearly just couldn't replace the loss of industry.  

The weathers drab, much of the land is bleak so all in all I can see why the population would be falling there. 

Edited by Casual-observer

HOLA446
HOLA447

I remember reading somewhere Scotland had the lowest birthrate in the UK, but I didn't realise it was that bad.  I mean that is really bad, I am assuming unlike Japan it is masked by immigration.

I think this is going to become more and more of a topic for many countries.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
10 hours ago, TerryBoi said:

I'd guess seeing Sturgeon's face on the screen every night puts most men off.

HOLA4419

I was reading through HYS comments when Sturgeon's government introduced a minimum pricing for Alcohol  (50p a unit). Many (presumably from Scotland) were along the lines of "Horrible evil woman taking away Jock's one little pleasure in life". So maybe that answers your question.

Edited by TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack
Typo

HOLA4420

Found this on Google under "sexy scottish lady".

Terry would be happy to help if no Scotch guys can handle their business.

judith.thumb.jpg.94985c73d1bd27a0dcebc64877dffe21.jpg

There are no scottish women that look like that - Is that a "before" picture from a methadone clinic pamphlet? 

In reality today shes missing 4 teeth and cuttin aboot on a council estate in a white shellsuit pushing 3 weans in a pram tae primark.

HOLA4421
9 hours ago, A.steve said:

Is it because every functioning adult in Scotland has already moved to London?

Except the significant proportion that absolutely despise England and the English. 

My wife has been here 25 years, but is originally fromxford (a rough part, she doesnt sound posh). In any pub after people have had a few drinks it won't take long for someone to start making comments about "the english" to her. 

I had a family friend who refused to ever watch the film Braveheart. She knows how the film ends, She said she wouldn't be able to stop herself hurting the next English person she met if she watched the film.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I suspect Scotland (being a mainly white country still) just reflects the birth rate among the white population of the UK. Whereas the England birth rate is bolstered by the high rate among the ethnic minorities, which in many places are becoming majorities.

So the real question is why are white women not having children?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
9 hours ago, Plasmaz said:

Why is a falling birth rate bad? Or a low birth rate?

Because you end up with a shrinking working age population trying to sustain a growing retired population (ageing population) which basically leads to inflation and a lower standard of living.

Also, If the fertility rate is 1.0, the population halves every generation so you eventually end up with no people.

Edited by fellow