House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
  • Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
10 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Yes there is evidence. And it should face a war crimes investigation. In my view given what I can see the UAF were not guilty of a war crime here. I am sad for the loss of the surrendered Russian soldiers. Uncles, sons and fathers.

Either this orc clown was trying to be a hero or they were all in on it with hidden weapons. They look extremely sheepish coming out to lie on the ground and at one point one of them looks back at the clown coming out armed just before the shooting starts.

Clear as day RUSSIAN WAR CRIME.

HOLA443
HOLA444
13 minutes ago, Si1 said:

I don't think military types are even considering that UAF committed a war crime here. It's just news chatter and Russian propaganda.

I'm not going to watch the video but this is plain false. If you can identify them as separate groups, which someone not part of the surrendered group is, then they are separate and not forfeiting right of surrender.

This is ******** and although an LMG has a beaten zone you could hit someone by that wall not hitting people lying down as shown. That is a deliberate choice IMHO.

If a room in a building uses a white flag and another fires then if room 1 obeys white flag that room surrendered. The others can be wiped out.

Perfidy is 'surrendered' individuals actually taking the action.

Unarmed folks lying down are PoWs with rights & protections therein

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA445
3 hours ago, rollover said:

Welcome Winter Time - PicMix

Every time you post something like this, I'm going to post this back, because you have no answer to it:

Indeed Russian winter has helped in the past. However your missing one rather important fact as per normal.

Those victories helped by the winter was with western/central European armies invading deep into Russia. They simply weren't equipped for the depth of cold you get out there.

A well supplied *Ukrainian* soldier should be well prepared for...Ukrainian...winters. Its not like its their first time experiencing a Ukraine winter, given they are all from...Ukraine.

HOLA446
6 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

I'm not going to watch the video but this is plain false. If you can identify them as separate groups, which someone not part of the surrendered group is, then they are separate and not forfeiting right of surrender.

This is ******** and although an LMG has a beaten zone you could hit someone by that wall not hitting people lying down as shown. That is a deliberate choice IMHO.

If a room in a building uses a white flag and another fires then if room 1 obeys white flag that room surrendered. The others can be wiped out.

That's interesting. I guess this should all be considered in a necessary war crime enquiry then.

(They did all come from the same building and they all surrendered except the last guy out opened fire)

HOLA447
6 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Problem is, once one guy starts shooting, it's hard to know if the others really are surrendering or if it's a signal for them to start throwing grenades, likewise if the building is flying a white flag out of one window, and shooting out of another, the flag is meaningless.

HOLA448
11 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

No you no clue what you are taking about comrade clown. The UAF had no idea what was about to happen nor how many were involved. The may have been armed lying on the ground. So when one clown pops out firing like he's Rambo then all bets are off for all involved. Double tapped to be sure.

HOLA449
3 minutes ago, Goat said:

Problem is, once one guy starts shooting, it's hard to know if the others really are surrendering or if it's a signal for them to start throwing grenades, likewise if the building is flying a white flag out of one window, and shooting out of another, the flag is meaningless.

Precisely. All bets were off as soon as the clown popped out like ******in Rambo. 

HOLA4410
6 minutes ago, Si1 said:

That's interesting. I guess this should all be considered in a necessary war crime enquiry then.

(They did all come from the same building and they all surrendered except the last guy out opened fire)

He's fare game they aren't in that case.

But absolutely needs to be investigated. It may be confusion in the moment but it needs assessing and the perpetrators removed from line while assessed independently.

That's the process.

If you imagine 3 people in a unit surrender, no4 is a homicidal death or glory type. He's as likely to harm them as anything. You can slot him all day long. The other 3 are unarmed ( and need to be checked as such) and have actively surrendered so duty of care.

HOLA4411
6 minutes ago, Goat said:

Nope not under the rules of war. Trust me was my job. I frequently have had to explain IHL regs to people who assume.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
6 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Yeah. UAF have only selectively released part of the footage.

The cameraman stopped the moment some fired at him with an assault rifle from 5meters away.

Hardly surprising.

The LMG was pointing at the prone soldiers. 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
13 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Yeah. UAF have only selectively released part of the footage.

As I say needs properly independently investigating and people saying 'no its fine' are wildly out on a limb.

If the situation was inverted we'd all be demanding war crimes investigation.

As this is not evidence of systematic and endemic shooting of PoWs this blows @rollover assertion Zelensky goes to The Hague however.

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

As I say needs properly independently investigating and people saying 'no its fine' are wildly out on a limb.

Well I got that wrong so fair enough.

5 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

If the situation was inverted we'd all be demanding war crimes investigation.

As this is not evidence of systematic and endemic shooting of PoWs this blows @rollover assertion Zelensky goes to The Hague however.

HOLA4418
On 28/10/2022 at 15:38, byron78 said:

How did America manage to blow up a Russian pipeline from inside the pipe then?

The pipe is visibly very clearly blown from the inside out - how is this being discussed by the conspiracy types etc? (Or are they just denying the video footage of the damaged Nord Stream pipe is real?)

The BBC have published some more pipe footage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63636181

Towards the end of the clip, there's a segment of ruptured pipe apparently crimped in by the blast.

Pipe.png

HOLA4419

@Staffsknot 

Further debate about the Russian POW deaths is that a dozen Russians were being taken prisoner by 4 UAF. That last Russian that came out and opened fire killed or injured three of the UAF and the last UAF not hit was the guy lying down with the machine gun, and he as the last man seems to have then shot all the Russians dead. It's suggested that he felt he had no chance of taking the surrender on his own so he killed them to try and save him and his buddies.

It's thought out of the three hit Ukrainians, one died (the cameraman) and two made it to hospital and survived.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
2 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

He's fare game they aren't in that case.

But absolutely needs to be investigated. It may be confusion in the moment but it needs assessing and the perpetrators removed from line while assessed independently.

That's the process.

If you imagine 3 people in a unit surrender, no4 is a homicidal death or glory type. He's as likely to harm them as anything. You can slot him all day long. The other 3 are unarmed ( and need to be checked as such) and have actively surrendered so duty of care.

You know nothing and your lies exposing you as a fraud are building up: 

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

@Staffsknot 

Further debate about the Russian POW deaths is that a dozen Russians were being taken prisoner by 4 UAF. That last Russian that came out and opened fire killed or injured three of the UAF and the last UAF not hit was the guy lying down with the machine gun, and he as the last man seems to have then shot all the Russians dead. It's suggested that he felt he had no chance of taking the surrender on his own so he killed them to try and save him and his buddies.

It's thought out of the three hit Ukrainians, one died (the cameraman) and two made it to hospital and survived.

Assuming that's correct, I wonder were any of the Russians lying prone in on the ambush? It seems a bit unlikely that they'd all trust their lives to one guy like that. I suspect the Russian shooter risked it all and got all his mates killed. What a mess.
Undermining trust like this makes it harder to surrender which just increases the misery for all in the end.

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

@Staffsknot 

If that is the case then I can understand why the remaining UAF soldier did what he did. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his position if this was the case, too risky. He could also not be certain that another Russian shooter would not pop out and do the same.

At the end of the day, I agree with @Staffsknot, an inquiry is needed. Abide by the process.

HOLA4425
19 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

If that is the case then I can understand why the remaining UAF soldier did what he did. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his position if this was the case, too risky. He could also not be certain that another Russian shooter would not pop out and do the same.

At the end of the day, I agree with @Staffsknot, an inquiry is needed. Abide by the process.

Except what @Staffsknot told everyone is bullshite. Ukraine forces followed procedure. Look at my tweet posted above.