House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
1 minute ago, always about entropy said:

I agree they don't want to for very sound economic reasons.

But I think boris would like them too, because its actually the right thing to do.

Ding business with a war criminal to save your own skins, not a good look.

Right, I have to agree the continued use of Russian gas is questionable but the reality is Germany and the others will not stop as they have no alternative alternative.  All this puts Boris's parties in perspective and to be honest while I am no fan at least he had the balls to send the Ukrainians something more than good wishes.  

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
28 minutes ago, coypondboy said:

Holy crap imagine this happening in your road on the way to do your shopping.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-news-putin-kherson-kyiv-kharkiv-invasion-live-updates-12541713

Look at the state of this aftermath - small town of 12,000 I think:

https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/idOV171103032022RP1

In Borodyanka, a small town 60 km (40 miles) northwest of Kyiv where locals had repelled a Russian assault, burnt out hulks of destroyed Russian armour were scattered on a highway, surrounded by buildings blasted into ruins. Flames from one burning apartment building lit up the pre-dawn sky. A dog barked as emergency workers walked through the rubble in the darkness.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/top-wrap-2-russian-troops-strategic-black-sea-port-city-kherson-mayor-says-2022-03-03/

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
3 minutes ago, satsuma said:

Right, I have to agree the continued use of Russian gas is questionable but the reality is Germany and the others will not stop as they have no alternative alternative.  All this puts Boris's parties in perspective and to be honest while I am no fan at least he had the balls to send the Ukrainians something more than good wishes.  

Party gate looks a bit embarrassing now in context, weird how the world changes so quickly.

Boris zero to hero on the spin of a geopolitical coin.

Brexit, Pandemic and War its been a busy in tray

Ukraine will be sacrificed to keep EU lights on sorry Ukraine but its business.

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 minute ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

It looks like you guys really think that if energy prices goes up the UK will be somehow safe. I am not sure about that to be honest.

I hope this is not another “they need us more than we need them” moment. 

No not safe but safer and with the political ability to blame external events.

Recessions are ok if your neighbor does worse especially if they are the EU.

HOLA449
5 minutes ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

It looks like you guys really think that if energy prices goes up the UK will be somehow safe. I am not sure about that to be honest.

What do you mean by "safe" in this context? In terms of energy supply? The UK gets rather less gas from Russia than some of the EU. That doesn't insulate us from price rises but we're at lower risk (not zero risk) of supply shortages.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, always about entropy said:

Party gate looks a bit embarrassing now in context, weird how the world changes so quickly.

Boris zero to hero on the spin of a geopolitical coin.

Brexit, Pandemic and War its been a busy in tray

Ukraine will be sacrificed to keep EU lights on sorry Ukraine but its business.

Agreed, it paints a picture of spineless Cummings waiting for revenge: "but but but he was at a party outdoors for 25 mins", now sounds pathetic

I think Ukraine have a chance to emerge from the ruins with horrific loss but on both sides.  With shoulder launched weapons even the Americans can't truly win a war these days agains a determined people

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
7 minutes ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

We are definitely screwed but this is relative.

For example probably not as screwed as if we fund their war on us.

HOLA4414
2 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

What do you mean by "safe" in this context? In terms of energy supply? The UK gets rather less gas from Russia than some of the EU. That doesn't insulate us from price rises but we're at lower risk (not zero risk) of supply shortages.

This is about price AND supply. If Russia is cut off from global markets the price of oil and gas is going to reach the moon and I don’t think the Saudis and the Americans will play charity here. If the Chinese pay more (and they do with LNG apparently) where do you think the oil and gas will flow to? 

HOLA4415
2 minutes ago, pig said:

Very astute, unfortunately action and pain now will be needed to prevent pain later.  

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

This is about price AND supply. If Russia is cut off from global markets the price of oil and gas is going to reach the moon and I don’t think the Saudis and the Americans will play charity here. If the Chinese pay more (and they do with LNG apparently) where do you think the oil and gas will flow to? 

Russian energy will flow to China?;)

HOLA4417
4 minutes ago, pig said:

The last point is the critical one in my opinion. 
There is a point where they won’t be able to justify this position so they will either stop buying gas or try to make a deal. 

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

That's why I said lower rather than zero risk. We get about half our gas domestically and a significant proportion of the rest from Norway. Not sure about oil.

Although nowhere in Europe is a net energy exporter the UK is at the bottom end of the scale of importers, although the trend is towards more imports.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

If they’re the only buying buying it where do you think it will go? 

It'll stay in the ground it will only take a couple of months of zero Russian energy and commodity exports to the west to show the world who is in charge these days.

I think it would be a small price for Russia to pay to make the ultimate point.

HOLA4421
Just now, always about entropy said:

It'll stay in the ground it will only take a couple of months of zero Russian energy and commodity exports to the west to show the world who is in charge these days.

I think it would be a small price for Russia to pay to make the ultimate point.

Well as much as I dislike the preaching I think Greta will be happy if we all stop using oil and gas, reality is we should have started the process a decade ago

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
14 minutes ago, satsuma said:

Well as much as I dislike the preaching I think Greta will be happy if we all stop using oil and gas, reality is we should have started the process a decade ago

Thats an interesting point. Its always been difficult to get people to tighten belts (and nb real hardship for many) for the sake of the relative abstraction of climate change, but when Putin starts pointing his guns at us and they see footage of doctors failing to resuscitate a blown up girl in Ukraine ....

Edited by pig

HOLA4424
22 hours ago, wighty said:

and this one. Bet you're pleased about that longie.

=======================================================================

This website is probably the most obvious place to meet Russian women.  

The website has an extremely high membership (more than 2,000,000 in total) which of course means you can meet a large number of Russian women here. Fortunately, the website made sure that you can effectively sort and filter all of these members.  

Russian women are very independent, physically attractive, open-minded, kind, empathetic, and quite well dressed. You can expect your future Russian wife to be better dressed than you 😉

Meet russian women now 

https://rebrand.ly/meetrussian 

i am too poor for a Russian girl, an Estonian one already told me this. 

They like guys with jobs debts and no savings and going places , i cannot compete. 

maybe i can pick up a nearly new babushka 

Russian Politician Blames Britain's Riots on Multiculturalism

HOLA4425