House Price Crash Forum

Peter Schiff: We're about to suffer WORSE than I thought

Warlord

HOLA441
11 hours ago, IMHAL said:

I was questioning your logic of 'all taxes are theft'.

Indeed, it's an opinion. If there was universal freedom of movement people could go and choose to live in zero tax utopias, but I expect relatively few would. A case in point might be Denmark with high tax and high happiness. People could have all moved to lower tax UK, and a lot of Danes speak excellent English, yet Denmark didn't immediately depopulate in the 1990s when FoM was introduced. This suggests either people are very lazy or don't agree about tax being theft. 

11 hours ago, IMHAL said:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
19 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

The current systems seem very inefficient (red tape everywhere), far from certain (with numerous loopholes), seemingly unfair (overly weighted in the middle) although for the majority reasonably convenient (although VAT registered builders would disagree). 

Very true. 

At the other end I live in a wealthy N Yorks town and benefits is a life choice for some.

Only a very small minority choose such a lifestyle rationally without underlying mental health issues. I've known a couple of people do it, but they've been middle class and as a 'looney leftie' myself I fundamentally disagreed with them as I see it as stealing from those who are potentially struggling and have fewer good life choices. Most benefit recipients are in work. If there was UBI it would be fine as that would be the country agreeing to it, not people gaming the system. 

The PPE mis-management scandals and wasted money highlight another issue. If it’s someone else’s money then those managing it don’t care enough.

I don't think the latter is necessarily true - there are plenty of public servants that take pride in their jobs. 

We need a Great Reset....a reset of values and priorities. It won’t happen until it absolutely needs to and we are staring over the edge.

That's very concerning. We can't assume a reset in such a circumstance will be positive. 

I think it will be the environmental issues that might lead us there.

Very possibly. 

HOLA443
1 hour ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Very true. 

Only a very small minority choose such a lifestyle rationally without underlying mental health issues. I've known a couple of people do it, but they've been middle class and as a 'looney leftie' myself I fundamentally disagreed with them as I see it as stealing from those who are potentially struggling and have fewer good life choices. Most benefit recipients are in work. If there was UBI it would be fine as that would be the country agreeing to it, not people gaming the system. 

I don't think the latter is necessarily true - there are plenty of public servants that take pride in their jobs. 

That's very concerning. We can't assume a reset in such a circumstance will be positive. 

Very possibly. 

Agree. Fair challenges. My experience of public servants is massively mixed and the bad experiences are unfortunately probably more easy to remember. Nurses, paramedics, fire services, and most of the front line are good. It’s the admin, hospital appt system, the odd council admin worker who spoil it. 

And in terms of those choosing a benefits lifestyle I do agree with you but I guess it depends on location. I wouldn’t swap places with a benefit claimant living in a flat in Glasgow....and whilst they themselves may even think that they ‘choose’ to live like that the reality is they haven’t. 

However, where we live is prosperous, full employment and good housing. Ie no high rise, council or housing association properties with decent gardens. Often better than private housing. The difference in living standards between a hard work working couple and someone in benefits is marginal here. The physical environment is fairly stunning too. It makes living on a small income much easier when the views, walks, parks, free facilities are visually very pleasing.  Here the family on benefits seem to also enjoy gifts and holidays from older and fairly well off parents. Effectively the young family could live with parents 4 bed house but that doesn’t maximise the system. Small minority which massively annoy the majority. I guess it’s the same with the fat cats too....ie a minority (Philip Green) annoy us when the many work hard and do a good job.  

HOLA444
4 hours ago, NobodyInParticular said:

So what about goods and services delivered by roads? I presume you are happy to pay the non road tax payers surcharge. After all, it would be unfair for those that have paid the tax to also have to pay the surcharge. And I presume you'd be happy to walk to hospital when having a heart attack and pay the "didn't pay for education" surcharge to the medical staff? 

i don't use much of anyone else's services thanks. 

i`m happy to have boxes delivered by drones 

HOLA445
4 hours ago, NobodyInParticular said:

And then you go and argue for policies that would make them more likely to be required. Unless you want to bring back the workhouse. 

i like the idea of workhouses. we are half way back there anyway. 

crazy living costs and worthless cash payments for unnecessary jobs that are very poorly paid once living costs are taken into account. 

HOLA446
32 minutes ago, longgone said:

i don't use much of anyone else's services thanks. 

i`m happy to have boxes delivered by drones 

You are the one with an EU passport no? If you think the UK is bad then at least you have options. Good luck with finding your tax nirvana there or pretty much anywhere else.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

You are the one with an EU passport no? If you think the UK is bad then at least you have options. Good luck with finding your tax nirvana there or pretty much anywhere else.

i think the parasites running the uk are bad. i would squish them. 

yes i can get a eu passport but it`s £650 so i cancelled the application, i can always do it later though.  it`s only worthwhile if i emigrate. 

like i said many times anyone can get a eu passport its just the level of payment that changes. 

HOLA448
1 minute ago, longgone said:

i think the parasites running the uk are bad. i would squish them. 

Parasites in every country, council, company, vcity, town and village. The vast majority of people in the UK are upstanding. We have a saftey net system that does not work very well (Germeny is better) and the rich don't pay enough or are allowed to get away with too much.

yes i can get a eu passport but it`s £650 so i cancelled the application, i can always do it later though.  it`s only worthwhile if i emigrate. 

If £650 put you off then....what you are suggesting below is totally unachievable for most. A special Brexity type of FoM but only for the rich.

like i said many times anyone can get a eu passport its just the level of payment that changes. 

HOLA449
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

Parasites in every country, council, company, vcity, town and village. The vast majority of people in the UK are upstanding. We have a saftey net system that does not work very well (Germeny is better) and the rich don't pay enough or are allowed to get away with too much.

If £650 put you off then....what you are suggesting below is totally unachievable for most. A special Brexity type of FoM but only for the rich.

generally those who wish to remain in the EU are rich they have options to pursue if need be all rights remain if they can pay. 

HOLA4410
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4411
On 1/20/2021 at 1:06 PM, Warlord said:

It was Dick Cheney who said "deficits don't matter".  Reagan ran up a $1 trillion deficit now their deficit is $25 trillion and Biden wants to add more.  Sooner or later inflation will show up .

Bump

Prophetic thread here from Jan. Inflation is now showing up 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 minute ago, Si1 said:

The US deficit is about 2 trillion currently?

Near enough that. I can't remember

Edit: it should have been "debt". Their national debt is approaching 25 trillion I think

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
55 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Near enough that. I can't remember

Edit: it should have been "debt". Their national debt is approaching 25 trillion I think

$30 trillion if you include Sleepy Joe's initial contribution.

3x in a decade. :blink:

National-debt-chart-2-pp.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Peter Schiff @PeterSchiff · 17 Jun

Against my advice my 18-year old son @SpencerKSchiff borrowed money to buy more #Bitcoin. He is now 113% long. He likely can't even qualify for a credit card, but he can borrow money at 8% to buy Bitcoin.

I'm sure this is typical among HODLers. The next crash will be brutal!

https://twitter.com/PeterSchiff/status/1405318686018256899

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hodl.asp

HODL is a term derived from a misspelling of "hold" that refers to buy-and-hold strategies in the context of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
2 hours ago, markyh said:

Explain. What % is the interest annual yield of this Ponzi?  Is Gold not a Ponzi too?

When the power grid collapses, gold will be worth more than BTC.

HOLA4421