House Price Crash Forum

Hong Kong Chinese could cause a massive rise in house prices from end of this month with £36 billion on its way

HOLA441
6 hours ago, shlomo said:

A very strange question, you seemed traveled so already know the answer so why ask the question in pidgin English 

Seemed a straight forward question to me. I've never been to Hong Kong so do not "already know the answer". Weird that you have suspicions over a simple question.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Trampa501 said:

Seemed a straight forward question to me. I've never been to Hong Kong so do not "already know the answer". Weird that you have suspicions over a simple question.

No such thing as a simple question, it’s where you are taking the narrative by such words, words have power

HOLA443

plenty of chinese take aways and restaurants in UK many will be reporting info back to CCP of any new Hong Kong customers so they can arrest their relatives for subversion, a bit like what happend under Stalin in Russia when they invited foreigners to come and stay in the new communist Russia in the 1930's with many ending up in the Gulag or going back to their country as NKVD Spy's.

Chairman Mao did the same thing after training from the NKVD established a communist global spying network via the chinese takewaay as part of his ambition to take over the world.  The current Chinese government intend to do this via economic policy which is going very well and part of the new 5 yr plan which was discussed and rubber stamped at the CCP meeting last week.  I wonder how many of these HK people moving to UK will also be sleeper spies for the coming invasion. 

HOLA444
7 hours ago, coypondboy said:

plenty of chinese take aways and restaurants in UK many will be reporting info back to CCP of any new Hong Kong customers so they can arrest their relatives for subversion, a bit like what happend under Stalin in Russia when they invited foreigners to come and stay in the new communist Russia in the 1930's with many ending up in the Gulag or going back to their country as NKVD Spy's.

Chairman Mao did the same thing after training from the NKVD established a communist global spying network via the chinese takewaay as part of his ambition to take over the world.  The current Chinese government intend to do this via economic policy which is going very well and part of the new 5 yr plan which was discussed and rubber stamped at the CCP meeting last week.  I wonder how many of these HK people moving to UK will also be sleeper spies for the coming invasion. 

🤣

HOLA445

Interesting article in guardian today may not get that manay afterall if the CCP crack down from 1st August or we get a stampede as Australians don't want them in the current COVID climate so UK only place for them to flee to 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/10/help-hong-kong-residents-flee-before-its-too-late-fugitive-democracy-figure-urges

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
5 hours ago, Gribble said:

HK Biggest source of counterfeits for my company and HK Chinese the biggest tax evaders on HMRCs rogue list. What could go wrong!!!

We have given the open door to companies like Starbucks, Amazon and Facebook to operate in the UK. I'm sure their tax avoidance schemes are totally legal though. 

HOLA4410
14 hours ago, coypondboy said:

Interesting article in guardian today may not get that manay afterall if the CCP crack down from 1st August or we get a stampede as Australians don't want them in the current COVID climate so UK only place for them to flee to 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/10/help-hong-kong-residents-flee-before-its-too-late-fugitive-democracy-figure-urges

Except Australia or its corrupt government is desperate to get back to mega immigration to keep house prices up and wages down.  The government there tends to favour anything that creates house price inflation above all else, BTL parasites get far more tax breaks than in any other country on earth and not only that but money coming into the country for buying real-estate is not subject to money laundering laws.  They even want to prioritise international students (whos parents often buy Aus property for their kids to live in) before letting Australian citizens back in. 

HOLA4411
On 3/10/2021 at 6:55 PM, steve99 said:

Except Australia or its corrupt government is desperate to get back to mega immigration to keep house prices up and wages down.  The government there tends to favour anything that creates house price inflation above all else, BTL parasites get far more tax breaks than in any other country on earth and not only that but money coming into the country for buying real-estate is not subject to money laundering laws.  They even want to prioritise international students (whos parents often buy Aus property for their kids to live in) before letting Australian citizens back in. 

Maybe that is what's behind the Tory plans allowing them in to keep the house price bubble going

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

lose your pension or spend 20 yrs in a chinese gulag I wonder which option I would take unless they freeze all assets a bit like the vietnamese boat people who had to start again with nothing but somehow don't see the HK middle classes doing this as they love money and will cow to the CCP only think the young wih little assets would be tempted and the more likely to be locked up as they are the most freedom loving.

HOLA4415
8 minutes ago, coypondboy said:

lose your pension or spend 20 yrs in a chinese gulag I wonder which option I would take unless they freeze all assets a bit like the vietnamese boat people who had to start again with nothing but somehow don't see the HK middle classes doing this as they love money and will cow to the CCP only think the young wih little assets would be tempted and the more likely to be locked up as they are the most freedom loving.

Sounds about right 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

From the article:

Aragorn Ho, who has applied for the BN(O) visa after leaving to the UK last September, worries he won’t be able to cash in his pension.

“I have found a job but everyone needs the money,” he said, adding it would be equivalent to about half his yearly salary working for an estate agent in the UK.

“The Hong Kong government knows people are leaving...so they are trying all means to make people stop by withholding their money”.

Government figures from last week revealed 27,000 Hongkongers have applied to move to the UK under the BN(O) scheme in just over six weeks since it opened.

Great exactly what his country needs as there's a shortage of estate agents.

HOLA4418
16 minutes ago, gerkin said:

One sale does not an invading armada make.

Will be interesting though to see if there are more stories like this one.

HOLA4419

Both flats next door, have been bought by the same Chinese "investor".  

Apparently the UK is a good place to hide wealth from the CCP.  Manchester is a favourite with the largest Chinese population outside London.  the cash keeps flowing in and the UK government is doing nothing.  At least rent them out FFS

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4420

Don't need to be wealthy to come to UK wonder if they will go top of council waiting lists for affordable housing and will be interesting to see how mmany now decide to come 29,000 so far up to mid March with projections of 3-400,000.  I remember Tony Blair stating only a few thousand east europeans will come over every year, latest EU registrations with 3 mths to go heading for 6 million, no wonder house prices and rents will continue to rise if this unfetered immigration continues without building more housing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9447617/Huge-43m-fund-set-help-families-fleeing-crackdown-Hong-Kong-settle-UK.html

• 1 month later...
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
13 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

That sounds a lot but it's not actually that many if you think about it. 

The vast majority are (anecdotally) coming for their kids education, as they seem to regard OFSTED ratings as the word of God. Therefore, if you assume 2 kids then that's 4 visas per family so only about 8,000 - 10,000 new households. Also, I would guess most would apply as soon as the opportunity became available as they feared China would find a way to slam the door shut. 

It's certainly a lot lower than mainland Chinese students, which China could always 'discourage' from coming here. 

HOLA4423
54 minutes ago, sammersmith said:

That sounds a lot but it's not actually that many if you think about it. 

The vast majority are (anecdotally) coming for their kids education, as they seem to regard OFSTED ratings as the word of God. Therefore, if you assume 2 kids then that's 4 visas per family so only about 8,000 - 10,000 new households. Also, I would guess most would apply as soon as the opportunity became available as they feared China would find a way to slam the door shut. 

It's certainly a lot lower than mainland Chinese students, which China could always 'discourage' from coming here. 

It'll be family visas. Covers the whole household. They aren't counted separately.

I wouldn't assume 4 per household either. Think it's between 2-3 in Hong Kong.

So slightly below 100K in total (so far) I'd guess. 

Still a massive surge coming. 

HOLA4424
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4425

Is this the first of the many poorer not so well skilled workers coming our way heading for the northern cities were house prices and rents a bit cheaper the rich won't come unless unable to get into canada/australia, will replace all those east european workers who have gone home?

https://news.sky.com/story/a-hong-kong-familys-journey-to-the-uk-to-escape-chinas-crackdown-on-democracy-12324623

Interesting article and see chinese supressing all mention of anniversary of tiannamen square massacre even caught microsoft out 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/jun/04/microsoft-bing-tiananmen-tank-man-results

Edited by coypondboy