House Price Crash Forum

I'm giving in too.

HOLA441

fab i look forward to making life changing amounts. 

BTW you already have a thread for this no need to infect all the other threads with this ponzi stuff. 

The ponzis are the state pension (tax receipts from today’s earners paying the promises of the past) and the housing market (only way to get new entrants is to have ridiculous schemes). 

Crypto...the opposite. You know you don’t have to buy a whole bitcoin?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The ponzis are the state pension (tax receipts from today’s earners paying the promises of the past) and the housing market (only way to get new entrants is to have ridiculous schemes). 

Crypto...the opposite. You know you don’t have to buy a whole bitcoin?

you cash out when you die in the other two. so who cares who pays.  we all know everything is made up for the benefit of the 0.01% the current system is there to create a myth of stability nothing else anyone who believes anything else is a moron.  

i know you can buy whatever, but hardly worth it now unless investing bucket loads to make any kind of return. 

so i shove in 5k it double triples quadruples whatever its not going to change nowt. 

HOLA443
HOLA444

I do feel sorry for the likes of the OP, it seems like people tend to focus on some kind of conspiracy theory to help them understand why they cannot afford to buy, when the reality is much simpler, there is a lack of supply of good housing stock in this country.   

That is the conspiracy...restrict supply+boost demand.  Outcome =the land and property owning wealthy are further enriched.  No accident.

Edited by Wayward

HOLA445
HOLA446

you cash out when you die in the other two. so who cares who pays.  we all know everything is made up for the benefit of the 0.01% the current system is there to create a myth of stability nothing else anyone who believes anything else is a moron.  

i know you can buy whatever, but hardly worth it now unless investing bucket loads to make any kind of return. 

so i shove in 5k it double triples quadruples whatever its not going to change nowt. 

99.99% of the opportunities in life are a available to the 99.99% The 0.01% watch the same films, listen to the same music, look at the same art, spend their time on the same phones, read the same books, etc etc etc. Even the people they sleep with .... if you go purely on physical attractiveness, then a 10 is a 10, and you don’t need to be a 0.01% to sleep with one. 

Once you have a certain comfort level - which is achievable for most, the differences are quite marginal imho. Yes, they can go to the best of the best restaurants, yes they have access to more luxurious travel etc, but they still need to take a sh1t occasionally.

What *really* does a billionaire have that I don’t (apart from a billion 😂)? What *really* can they do that I can’t? 

when you break it down, not much.

HOLA447
HOLA448

99.99% of the opportunities in life are a available to the 99.99% The 0.01% watch the same films, listen to the same music, look at the same art, spend their time on the same phones, read the same books, etc etc etc. Even the people they sleep with .... if you go purely on physical attractiveness, then a 10 is a 10, and you don’t need to be a 0.01% to sleep with one. 

Once you have a certain comfort level - which is achievable for most, the differences are quite marginal imho. Yes, they can go to the best of the best restaurants, yes they have access to more luxurious travel etc, but they still need to take a sh1t occasionally.

What *really* does a billionaire have that I don’t (apart from a billion 😂)? What *really* can they do that I can’t? 

Good point, it's like having a massive house, you can only physically be in one room at a time...

HOLA449

Wow this is a depressing thread.

I should have bought a long time ago. I could have, but didn't for various reasons at different points in time. There were points where I needed the cash for other things like investing in a business (although arguably it would have been better spent on a house), times where life just got in the way and there were points where, having been influenced by this site, I convinced myself that a crash was imminent so held off. I am bitter about it. I'm now 39 and have a kid who will start school next year, so I'm under pressure to provide a settled life for him. I am where I am. My choice now is do I buy now and try and beat the stamp duty holiday or wait until next year.

"Positives" I see coming in the next 6 months...

- Brexit actually happening

- The fall out from Corona Virus and the various government support coming to an end

- The end of Help to Buy loans for everyone apart from first time buyers

- End of stamp duty holiday

I realise the stamp duty holiday may be extended and various other government meddling may reduce the effect ion the above considerably but I'm still thinking if the above doesn't make prices at least dip and produce a bit more of a buyers market then nothing will and I'll draw a line under it and commit. 

HOLA4410

i have no desire to be a billionaire, or the crap it buys you what i do get annoyed about is that simple things are made difficult to obtain for the masses. yes you have lots of options when you are a billionaire to start. 

hop over to the corrupt PPE thread for insight to how it really works. 

HOLA4411

Plenty more like this, Fruggie

15 Hottest Wives With Their Filthy Rich Billionaire Husbands - Naibuzz

HOLA4412

I should have bought a long time ago. I could have, but didn't for various reasons at different points in time. There were points where I needed the cash for other things like investing in a business (although arguably it would have been better spent on a house), times where life just got in the way and there were points where, having been influenced by this site, I convinced myself that a crash was imminent so held off. I am bitter about it. I'm now 39 and have a kid who will start school next year, so I'm under pressure to provide a settled life for him. I am where I am. My choice now is do I buy now and try and beat the stamp duty holiday or wait until next year.

- The fall out from Corona Virus and the various government support coming to an end

I realise the stamp duty holiday may be extended and various other government meddling may reduce the effect ion the above considerably but I'm still thinking if the above doesn't make prices at least dip and produce a bit more of a buyers market then nothing will and I'll draw a line under it and commit. 

Really sorry to hear that you are down with this whole thing but it does seem that you have some good things going on in your life and, when all is said and done, that you have a reasonably happy family and potentially a business is a lot more than many have (including very many home owners).  I know its not really very popular on here but I would commend interest only mortgages for people like yourself who are deserving and, quite frankly, would probably be happy to agree on the price of a house now and pay for it in 25 years time.  I know it increases house price inflation but sometimes needs must.

HOLA4413

i have no desire to be a billionaire, or the crap it buys you what i do get annoyed about is that simple things are made difficult to obtain for the masses. yes you have lots of options when you are a billionaire to start. 

hop over to the corrupt PPE thread for insight to how it really works. 

Please name a ‘simple thing’ that is difficult to obtain if you are a reasonably capable person in the UK, apart from *owning* a house in various parts of the country?

You can still get shelter, you just can’t necessarily own it. Big deal. 

Things that are not difficult to obtain include 

* friends / lovers

* travel opportunities (lockdown excepted)

* entertainment 

* food

* water

* shelter of some kind

* technology

* information

* financial investment ops

* second hand goods

I could go on. There is no lack of ways to spend your time, happily. You do not have to be a homeowner to do that either.

HOLA4414

Please name a ‘simple thing’ that is difficult to obtain if you are a reasonably capable person in the UK, apart from *owning* a house in various parts of the country?

* friends / lovers

* entertainment 

* food

* water

* shelter of some kind

* technology

* information

* second hand goods

I could go on. There is no lack of ways to spend your time, happily. You do not have to be a homeowner to do that either.

Why do people shop in waitrose over lidl when they both sell food.

Those things were always available you just had to look in different places.

Why not own and do all those too.

HOLA4415

Fair enough, but why be a martyr?.  I accepted life isnt fair a long time ago and there aint much I can do about it.  

Play the game and try and beat the system, however crooked.

When it comes to providing for my family, the gloves are off.

As an anecdote, my next door neighbour has just sold and bought for £100k less (in hinsight now is a good time to downsize as the difference could be at its highest and he saved a bit on SD). He's moved about a mile away to still a very nice house, just smaller.

The equity has allowed his 2 daughters to get a %50 mortgage at less than half what they were previously paying.

Just to take my anecdote one step further, the 2 daughters have done a tax free rent-a-room of their living room for about 70% of their mortgage payments. Hope they use it to overpay their mortgage.

So if you can raise the cash you can get on the ladder

HOLA4416

* friends / lovers

* entertainment 

* food

* water

* shelter of some kind

* technology

* information

* second hand goods

P O W ER

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I feel for you, but what I would say is don't think of houses as an investment where you need to buy at the 'bottom'. If you can buy your property and live in it for the rest of your life (or a good portion of it) and potentially give your kid an inheritance, its probably worth buying but again only you know your own circumstances and priorities.

HOLA4425

Wait a few more months before i can feel a big crash coming.

Edited by shlomo