HOLA441
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

My worry about mass imigration is the impending doom that’s heading our way.. 

Fish extinct by 2048

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/11/061102-seafood-threat.html

Killed 75% of our insects that we require to pollinate crops for food. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/19/europe/insect-decline-germany/index.html

Sea level rising, and will accelerate due to thermal expansion flooding coastal areas and rivers.. (NASSA)

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

we cut down 15billion trees per year that we need for oxygen.. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4019277/trees-humans-deforestation

Global extinction by 2100.. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/environment/mass-extinction-global-planet-start-year-2100-a7957886.html%3famp

we import 65% of our food! As the population expands we become more food vulnerable, any natural disaster or war and millions starve.. for what? So the elites can have some slave labour, drive up asset prices and drive down labour costs.. 

We are in so much trouble, even our water is full of micro plastics now that get stuck in our bodies, and scientist don’t know what effect it will have on health.. I hate the government, I don’t dislike them, I hate them.. 

money and greed.. only thing that needs to be made extinct are the greedy elites, mp’s and bankers.. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
5 hours ago, deadlyavenger said:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/why-mass-immigration-explains-the-housing-crisis/

Stating the obvious IMO...but I'm sure there's lots of liberal do gooder remoaners who still can't see the connection.

Oh and Blair knew this would happen too, he is complete and utter scum.

They've seized the day, some of the indigenous population of London, Oxford and Cambridge have prospered beyond their wildest dreams and seen unprecedented wealth gains off HPI. Clientele for  the University gravy train, BTL and public services. A boon for their jobs.

Damn the uneducated plebs in Mansfield, Stoke and Grimsby trying to spoil it all voting Brexit.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA446
HOLA447
2 hours ago, Will! said:

Mass immigration of people who increase GDP per capita = good.

Mass immigration of people who do not increase GDP per capita = not good.

Agree with this.  Even post Brexit we will not see an end to immigration imo, we will instead see immigration in return for trade deals or such like.

Immigration alone didn’t cause the housing crisis.  It probably has had quite an influence on the BTL boom though, most immigrants have bugger all assets for quite some time so I doubt huge percentages have bought houses.

HOLA448
4 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

Agree with this.  Even post Brexit we will not see an end to immigration imo, we will instead see immigration in return for trade deals or such like.

Immigration alone didn’t cause the housing crisis.  It probably has had quite an influence on the BTL boom though, most immigrants have bugger all assets for quite some time so I doubt huge percentages have bought houses.

They may not be able to afford to buy (at least initially), but they do pay the rent on time, and look after the property. Unlike the locals.

HOLA449

Nope, not quite.

Immigration can be a good thing ... providing you have points and a high salary hurdle.

Immigration where you let every under skilled hill billy is terrible.

Immigration where those hill billies have access to the welfare system i.e. its non contribution based is insane.

UKs is the last one.

Uk needs to be setting a high wage threshold - 30k for single, 70k for family.

Uk does not need low skilled migrants. No taxi drivers,  waiters, curry chefs.

HOLA4410
6 hours ago, macca13 said:

My worry about mass imigration is the impending doom that’s heading our way..

All of those links relate to global population pressures, they have nothing to do with immigration.

2 hours ago, Will! said:

I can agree with this in a broad sense. However, the article talks a lot about babies born to foreign mothers. The GDP contribution of 2nd generation immigrants is entirely within our control (through education) The author should be less concerned about who their parents are and more focused on the potential of these 'forgien babies'.

If the housing supply is so short and were are overrun by 'forgieners', where are they all living? To pose the question differently, if the 1.7 million intake over two decades were to leave tonight, would there be a lot of empty homes left over?

HOLA4411
1 minute ago, awkwardturtle said:

All of those links relate to global population pressures, they have nothing to do with immigration.

Quite possibly the most obtuse sentence i have ever read, anywhere, ever. Ever.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
6 hours ago, deadlyavenger said:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/why-mass-immigration-explains-the-housing-crisis/

Stating the obvious IMO...but I'm sure there's lots of liberal do gooder remoaners who still can't see the connection.

Oh and Blair knew this would happen too, he is complete and utter scum.

I dont think Blair did. He was an Everythong Europe is great;cant see a problem person.

Before EE FOM, UK and EU migration balanced out.

In tge 90s I worked with numerous young, skilled French, Italian and Dutch. Improving their English, improving work skills. But - working.

Mrs spy is from this batch as she jacked in Italy and came to UK for a bit. Met me, got knocked up. Works and still works.

In exchange, france spain and portugal got self funded holiday makers and retirees.

The numbers were pretty balanced - about 2m uk retirees v. 2m misc EUers.

Before anyone buts in and sats But brits have sh1t 2nd language skillls... true ... but  not as sh1t as majnlands europe ability to create jobs.

Come EE, uk had a few years of skilled andor working migration. This was fine. I have a polush who arrived on a work visa a few years before EE.

However... now the uk and mainly EE migrants is a disaster.

Mrs spys class is 30% EU. Everysingle one is pupil premium i.e parent earns nothing.

There is one portugese. He moved here with his thai bar girl gf when his portugese dole ended.

All the kids are disruptive, cost a fortune in extra tuition and general hassle.

They even have a Roma couple wjos token tax credit jib is selling big ussues in the school when if tgey eventually turn up to pick their kids up.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
9 minutes ago, awkwardturtle said:

I get your point. But seriously, what has the global decline of insects (though I'm sure important) got to to with housing demand in the U.K? 

Loss of natural habitat and increased pesticide usage for intensive farming, off the top of my head (from building new developments)

Edited by chronyx

HOLA4416
18 minutes ago, awkwardturtle said:

I can agree with this in a broad sense. However, the article talks a lot about babies born to foreign mothers. The GDP contribution of 2nd generation immigrants is entirely within our control (through education) The author should be less concerned about who their parents are and more focused on the potential of these 'forgien babies'.

If the housing supply is so short and were are overrun by 'forgieners', where are they all living? To pose the question differently, if the 1.7 million intake over two decades were to leave tonight, would there be a lot of empty homes left over?

Nope.

Naive thinking uk state education will determine outcomes. Its just not thst good - 50% of uk natives fail to achieve 5 gcses passes.

What matters is edycation and family culture.

Bradford is on about its 4th generation of mipuris. The current batch is worse than the lot who came across in the 60s.

HOLA4417
3 hours ago, winkie said:

Do we only import food and fuel because we import people......so why do we export our homes then?;)

Yes why not. 

I read somewhere that we only have to release about another 0.3% of total UK land mass in order to home the entire population. And if we just became that little bit more creative and stepped away from brick and maybe dug down as well as going a little higher, used natural resources around us for insulation(look at Faroe Islands or Hobbit film :-) and just basically designed beautiful buildings then mixed in with some kind of pre fab design built be say the Chinese, Gardens on the roof, ALL parked cars underground when possible..

It just takes some political will to change the quality of life for so many people and have them going to work not worrying about paying rents and mortgages but how they can can enhance the economy and their lives. But of course too many people feed of the masses and don't look further than their property portfolios and saving evil banks.

HOLA4418

This might be true but this article doesn't give us any evidence that that' the case. All it says is "the population has increased therefore there aren' enough houses". 

What if there's 100m houses? What if that population increase was after a period of decline (certainly was in London's case)? The author offers zero context for any of his numbers to explain why we should care. He also gets some basic maths wrong by claiming that 1.7m is more than a quarter of 7.1m. 

All of this stuff may be true of course but this shoddily thrown together ******** (from a rag with a clear agenda) doesn't make a good case. It also makes zero reference to the fact that some areas ate emptying out leaving whole streets available at rock bottom prices because areas can't attract enough people. 

In short, mass immigration might be the problem. It's not as simple as this guy makes out though. 

HOLA4419
3 hours ago, Will! said:

Absolutely.Mrs P had her residency card stamped with 'no recourse to public funds'.

Strangely,she was stil paying taxes for that were used for other EU migrant benefits.

2 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

They've seized the day, some of the indigenous population of London, Oxford and Cambridge have prospered beyond their wildest dreams and seen unprecedented wealth gains off HPI. Clientele for  the University gravy train, BTL and public services. A boon for their jobs.

Damn the uneducated plebs in Mansfield, Stoke and Grimsby trying to spoil it all voting Brexit.

Let them eat cake.

HOLA4420
26 minutes ago, Hullabaloo82 said:

This might be true but this article doesn't give us any evidence that that' the case. All it says is "the population has increased therefore there aren' enough houses". 

What if there's 100m houses? What if that population increase was after a period of decline (certainly was in London's case)? The author offers zero context for any of his numbers to explain why we should care. He also gets some basic maths wrong by claiming that 1.7m is more than a quarter of 7.1m. 

All of this stuff may be true of course but this shoddily thrown together ******** (from a rag with a clear agenda) doesn't make a good case. It also makes zero reference to the fact that some areas ate emptying out leaving whole streets available at rock bottom prices because areas can't attract enough people. 

In short, mass immigration might be the problem. It's not as simple as this guy makes out though. 

UK migration numbers are a mess.

The home office does not track people like it should. Insane when we have a free at point of use health system (only one in world) and non cintrub benefits.

And, as we saw in the run up to brexit vote, they were reluctant to be honest on the numbers, leaving it to announce tge terfibke numbers way too late.

I would hazard tgere are 6m to 9m EU migrants in the uk. Theres ni registered ones, ones sleeping on sofa working cash in hand, and grandparents staying for months accessing nhs.

Tge numbers are that bad.

Then youve got tge nin eu migrants who should nit be here - bar studrnts at Unis.

HOLA4421
51 minutes ago, awkwardturtle said:

If the housing supply is so short and were are overrun by 'forgieners', where are they all living? To pose the question differently, if the 1.7 million intake over two decades were to leave tonight, would there be a lot of empty homes left over

Scepticism over true Grenfell death toll

This kind of tragedy highlights the kind of cramming and sub-letting abuse while a blind eye is turned. It won't free up any more houses but a decrease in HMO style cramming will reduce rent affordability IMO.

HOLA4422
49 minutes ago, awkwardturtle said:

Say what? So if all the fish are being hunted to extinction, pollution and pesticides are killing all the pollinating insects, sea levels are rising and we import 65% of our food.. 

Whats the one thing we don’t want?

More people..

Imagine food becoming more scarce, it would be a blood bath.. 

if we want to save the insects that pollinate our crops, save ourselves, we must reduce the population of the U.K. to sustainable levels..  If that means laws to curb reproduction or repatriation It will happen.. If scientists are correct in the next 30 years we will be fighting for food as we wipe out the planets natural resources. 

Humans are the earths cancer and it’s becoming terminal.. 

HOLA4423
3 hours ago, Will! said:

It’s never good as it’s not all about money.. you can’t eat money.. we are killing the planet.. feck the made up economy that’s designed to control you.. they could print a load of Monopoly money and give it to people if they wanted to.. 

What you can’t do is feed 100million people when you have wiped out all the food sources..

we import 65% of our food, we are vulnerable.. 

greed will kill us all..  

7990C6BB-F7EC-49B2-9CF5-8F4F62DDAE76.jpeg

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, awkwardturtle said:

Turn up, scam a LA glat with some BS or bribe.

Get flat.

Sublet it for $$$$$$.

Go back to home country and live of rental payments.

Its a lit more common than youd think.

Any mugrant new citizen to uk needs to be vanned from venefits and social housing.

Any citizenship us granted with tge ability to remove it later for criminal activity.

HOLA4425
9 minutes ago, macca13 said:

Say what? So if all the fish are being hunted to extinction, pollution and pesticides are killing all the pollinating insects, sea levels are rising and we import 65% of our food.. 

Whats the one thing we don’t want?

More people..

Imagine food becoming more scarce, it would be a blood bath.. 

if we want to save the insects that pollinate our crops, save ourselves, we must reduce the population of the U.K. to sustainable levels..  If that means laws to curb reproduction or repatriation It will happen.. If scientists are correct in the next 30 years we will be fighting for food as we wipe out the planets natural resources. 

Humans are the earths cancer and it’s becoming terminal.. 

Food is not scarce.

Lots of lrntils and like.

Not much kobi cows and abalones mind.