DEC 17 - 36k mortgages. 45k deaths

spyguy

HOLA441
HOLA442
12 minutes ago, spyguy said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42817663

Probate, all the way down.

new deaths exceeding new DEBTjunkies?

what does this mean for supply and demand innit bruv? 

terrible state of affairs when peoples only hope of affordable shelter is basically wishing for the death of their family

or has this always been the case? was the last fifty years just some sort of weird blip between major wars and the generation following the lucky boomers just have historically stupidly high expectations for their standard of living as a result?

HOLA443
HOLA444
2 minutes ago, Sperm Donor said:

Potential buyers 'put off by interest rate hike' - no mention of affordability. It's all good news.

As far as I can see the BBC never refer to high prices being a reason for low transactional activity...denial of reason.

HOLA445

People either die to release existing housing stock or emigrate...or perhaps down size as a forerunner to the former.  At the moment all policy objectives are to ensure housing stock is not released and conditions of scarcity are maintained.

HOLA446
HOLA447
37 minutes ago, Wayward said:

People either die to release existing housing stock or emigrate...or perhaps down size as a forerunner to the former.  At the moment all policy objectives are to ensure housing stock is not released and conditions of scarcity are maintained.

This.

I suspect most transactions these days are outright owners simply 'swapping' housing stock among themselves for what ever reason, moving, downsizing etc.

#Vilebbc

Edited by GreenDevil

HOLA448
HOLA449
52 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I almost started a similar thread.

I spoke to a registrar today and they said....WE ARE INUNDATED WITH PEOPLE DYING.

Pigeons coming home to roost

Depends where you are.

The large town Ive known the longest in Scarborough. Yes, exceptional I know.

People stopped retiring their in the 80s.

The number of probates/deaths is waaaay beyond the number of new families starting.

Sales prices are a mess. There's no really grouping, just random, depending how greedy or how desperate the kids are.

Step outside of the London/SE bubble and the same apples.

They might not be 'giving it away' (c) oldfart. But you cannot hold a property position for more than about 85 years.

HOLA4410
56 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I spoke to a registrar today and they said....WE ARE INUNDATED WITH PEOPLE DYING.

The sales price of house might depend on how bad the flu strain has been.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, Tempus said:

Mortgage approvals by UK banks 'falling off a cliff'

Experts blame a squeeze on consumer incomes as new data reveals a sharp decline in the number of home loans in December.

https://news.sky.com/story/mortgage-approvals-by-uk-banks-falling-off-a-cliff-11221982?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

That's a strong indicator. Now, why am I surprised that there's no mention of Brexit in this piece? Ah, it's not the BBC

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Saw 2 houses this week, one north midlands, one south west. Both similar distance from respective mainline station and town centre. Both where the parents had gone (don't know where) and the kids were in control and pushing the asking price to the max.

The one in the south west got away with it, sold in one day (wonder if the buyer noticed the broken light switch in the lounge?), the one in the north midlands hasn't, and probably won't as bigger, better houses are on at the same price 200-500m away.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

1. how come you were talking to a registrar? seems a random person to come across on a day to day basis?
2. Did he elaborate on why? or ages?

Are we at the thin edge of the boomers death bubble? is that finally starting?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
17 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

1. how come you were talking to a registrar? seems a random person to come across on a day to day basis?

Not content with fuxxing the young, theyve been fuxxing their age cohorts to death too:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2660340/Sex-60s-STIs-soar-older-people-never-used-condom.html

Final stages of the clap I reckon.,

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 hour ago, yodigo said:

Saw 2 houses this week, one north midlands, one south west. Both similar distance from respective mainline station and town centre. Both where the parents had gone (don't know where) and the kids were in control and pushing the asking price to the max.

The one in the south west got away with it, sold in one day (wonder if the buyer noticed the broken light switch in the lounge?), the one in the north midlands hasn't, and probably won't as bigger, better houses are on at the same price 200-500m away.

N Midlands is a bit slow though stock is almost non existent. What location?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
42 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

1. Births/Deaths/Marriages...take your pick.

2. Ageing population and winter. I suspect in the next 5 year we are about to see a wave of very very expensive pwopatees that no one can afford coming on the market

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, yodigo said:

Don't worry, prices will soon continue rising.....

"The drop occurred despite a reduction in stamp duty for first-time buyers, which took effect in November.

However experts said it was too soon for that to have made a difference."

They are going to be waiting a long time, the last stamp duty holiday under Alistair Darling did absolutely zilch, nada and I have the land registry data to prove it.

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, yodigo said:

Staffordshire

Some nice bits between Stone and Uttoxeter and above to the Moorlands. There again I do have a rural bias. Don't think prices are much off the 07 peak. Stoke, of course, is one of those infamous sub 2007 priced towns along with the likes of Blackpool and Hartlepool.

Edited by crashmonitor