House Price Crash Forum

Is Hammond going to throw BTLers under a bus to save the tories today ?.

Is Hammond going to throw BTLers under a bus to save the tories today ?.  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hammond going to throw BTLers under a bus to save the tories today ?.

• yes
    • no

HOLA441
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
6 minutes ago, stuckmojo said:

One can only hope. In my cynical view, no ******ing chance, it'll be the other way around. Gifts to house builders and more debt to the poor

Agreed, more free money, token building projects, keep land prices high, keep the poor working til they drop. Its the only way they know....

If anything i would expect abolition of the 2nd home band on stamp duty and FTB stamp duty holiday, theres a crisis out there, isnt there?

Edited by GreenDevil

HOLA446

3 minutes ago, frederico said:

Under 30s railcard will save the Tories

My fingers are crossed that's all there is, sadly I think they will have dreamed up some very damaging ideas to try and help........ their bankers friends!

I'm certainly going to try and have a nice morning, as I know after 12.30 I'm going to be walking around like a bear with a sore head. 

HOLA447
HOLA448

I think they understand the political arguement re affordable housing and they're fine just spouting off some stuff. But I'll be shocked if they realise they actually have to do something.

Of eventually someone will realise they do actually have to do something as this problem cannot be fixed by talk alone and will only ever get worse.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
24 minutes ago, dougless said:

One can only hope but why stop at BTL, what about 2nd homes?

Id guess IO BTL - maybe move S24 forward a couple of years, some extra tax of second home, more tweaking on furnished holiday lets to try and get a lot of revenue from them.

Id hope he does something baou both tax credits - bump up the hours, and the number of non UK citizens claiming benefits.

HOLA4412
25 minutes ago, stuckmojo said:

One can only hope. In my cynical view, no ******ing chance, it'll be the other way around. Gifts to house builders and more debt to the poor

I get the feelign housebuilders are perceived as art of the them.

Maybe a use it or lose planning law. Or tax levy of land banking.

HOLA4413
5 minutes ago, frederico said:

I think they understand the political arguement re affordable housing and they're fine just spouting off some stuff. But I'll be shocked if they realise they actually have to do something.

Of eventually someone will realise they do actually have to do something as this problem cannot be fixed by talk alone and will only ever get worse.

This is pretty much my view. 

£5 says Hammond announces the release of a Tory grime album.

HOLA4414

Good Headline...where are the trolls to derail the thread....

The trouble with politicians is, they refuse to say publically what their true intentions are.

The tories know what the real problem is, look at the messages from Osborne and Hague.

When the time comes no one will cry for the BTLers, and they know it.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
6 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Good Headline...where are the trolls to derail the thread....

The trouble with politicians is, they refuse to say publically what their true intentions are.

The tories know what the real problem is, look at the messages from Osborne and Hague.

When the time comes no one will cry for the BTLers, and they know it.

The Cons problem was that Gidiot/Colialtion bought into Browns lunacy in 2010.

They should have let the whole lot reset - house prices + benefits + public sector employment - then start again.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
4 minutes ago, BuyToLeech said:

In the eighties and nineties aspirational Tory voters could afford to travel by car. 

Once anyone who worked hard could buy and drive a car, could work hard without help to buy a house close to where they work.....now working hard means less to more....so now not what you do, and how hard you work but who you were born to and how much help you are given.........;)

HOLA4420
18 minutes ago, spyguy said:

The Cons problem was that Gidiot/Colialtion bought into Browns lunacy in 2010.

Except that they didn't. Yes they gave the criminal banksters and tech monoplists impunity to let rip. However they went back to form and implimented 1930's style austerity thus crashing the economy and ushering in the worst wages performance for hundreds of years.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
57 minutes ago, winkie said:

Once anyone who worked hard could buy and drive a car, could work hard without help to buy a house close to where they work.....now working hard means less to more....so now not what you do, and how hard you work but who you were born to and how much help you are given.........;)

100% agree.

Today there really is no point in "working hard", as you get no reward for it.

Best just to work up to the tax threshold, consume practically nothing and watch it all collapse.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425