House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
25 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Classic Remainer.

The losing option in the vote must be the right one to go for. Perhaps the MPs didn't understand what they were voting for? Or maybe they're all anti-the-right-answer?

I'm having difficulty deciding which is more stupid. Parliament or the Remainer orgy that this thread has become.

What, you don't like the democracy now?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
3 minutes ago, rollover said:

What, you don't like the democracy now?

In or out.

Out wins but doesn't win.

It's swell.

MPs can't decide. They decided the people should decide. We decided. Now they prefer milling around not deciding because they don't like the decision they gave to us.

I'm not even sure there's a word for this style of 'politics'.

HOLA446
1 minute ago, Noallegiance said:

In or out.

It's swell.

MPs can't decide. They decided the people should decide. We decided. Now they prefer milling around not deciding because they don't like the decision they gave to us.

Democracy, isn't it?

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

Facebook is obviously the truth. There were only 270 million fake accounts at that time of this: https://mashable.com/2017/11/02/facebook-phony-accounts-admission/?europe=true

Obviously no more than 270 million because Zuckerberg is telling the truth. After all, why on earth would they hide it if there were more?

Glad you posted that thanks. Good to get some reliable sources on here.

They like their facts reliable. Like the e-petition. And the 77,000sigs identified as  fake that appeared on a prior petition , one hosted when the VIs weren't nearly as lathered up as they are now. And as with Zucks, that amount of 77k fakes is the fig the petition custodians communicated. That's not to say that they'd be out of a job if it were higher , no , perish the thought.

They reckon they've made changes, none of which go an inch to stopping fraud, as proven by an earlier admission by Confusion_of_the_VIs that he himself stuffed the ballot.

But that's okay. It's not like anyone tales it seriously. Well, there is that guy called Tusk - some EU guy, probably nobody - who quoted the 6 mill fig as if it were credible, but like I say, nobody takes it seriously ...

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA449
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Wait until you meet a Virgin engineer ****wittery raised to an art form.

I've experienced both types and I need to admit that Virgin ones have artistic inclination. The way they connected house make it look like the museum of contemporary art in Paris.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
13 minutes ago, rollover said:

Democracy, isn't it?

C'mon, we vote, we decide: clear winner.

Parliament don't like it. They seize control. Hold some Vindicative Votes: no majority.

Ooo, what shall we do? No decision in sight!

What a pantomime ... if only everyone could recognise it, for then they'd remember that there is an answer:-

It's (33 months) behind you!

HOLA4412

When you have an exclusive system instead of inclusive, this what develops.

https://intpolicydigest.org/2019/03/27/eu-elections-europe-confronts-a-cliff/

The whole lot needs dramatic reform, including the UK.

What I cannot understand is why the young here want to still be part of an enlarged (eu)  failed system.

The EU project will fail, in my mind that is without question. It could have been a success, but has through faults of there own doing gone down the road of no return. It's bad enough excessively  punishing other member states, but when one member state uses such force as to cause servers injuries to it's own citizens, it's game over.

The young (the future) are the ones who can bring change, I hope at some point in the not too distant future they seize the day.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
9 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

C'mon, we vote, we decide: clear winner.

Parliament don't like it. They seize control. Hold some Vindicative Votes: no majority.

Ooo, what shall we do? No decision in sight!

What a pantomime ... if only everyone could recognise it, for then they'd remember that there is an answer:-

It's (33 months) behind you!

Not yet, not just yet!

It's like fishing, you have to patiently wait and hope.

HOLA4415
3 minutes ago, rollover said:

Not yet, not just yet!

It's like fishing, you have to patiently wait and hope.

Like i say, with all pantomimes, the answer is behind us. We have ALREADY voted. There is no deadlock: the remainers constructed one out of thin air, bit like the e-petition.

They asked us, we told them. <- and that dot is a full stop.

What you have is not patience. It's prurience. When will you tire of this tantric parliamentary self-abuse and listen to the public who in every vox pop we see say "just leave!"

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4416
34 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

In or out.

It's swell.

It wasn't decided what version of out won. 

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The referendum (confirmatory vote) might be the only way to get the deal through. Certainly close enough to be a viable if it was a whipped vote.

Revocation got more votes than I expected, as there was no reason for MP's in Leave supporting constituencies to declare their hand at this stage.

Revocation to avoid no deal – Not supported

For: 184

Against: 293

Confirmatory public vote – Not supported

For: 268 

Against: 295

I wonder why the turnout was so low for these votes. I know they'll never get 100%, but would have thought at least 600 would vote.

HOLA4418
22 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

They like their facts reliable. Like the e-petition. And the 77,000sigs identified as  fake that appeared on a prior petition , one hosted when the VIs weren't nearly as lathered up as they are now. And as with Zucks, that amount of 77k fakes is the fig the petition custodians communicated. That's not to say that they'd be out of a job if it were higher , no , perish the thought.

They reckon they've made changes, none of which go an inch to stopping fraud, as proven by an earlier admission by Confusion_of_the_VIs that he himself stuffed the ballot.

But that's okay. It's not like anyone tales it seriously. Well, there is that guy called Tusk - some EU guy, probably nobody - who quoted the 6 mill fig as if it were credible, but like I say, nobody takes it seriously ...

Still triggered. Still salty. 

As stated leave could not even organise a counter-petition on the world largest social network.

Get over it already. You are coming across as very insecure with your core beliefs now shaken to the core. Chillax. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 hour ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Like them or loathe them they have stuck to their convictions!

Well, I think Arlene was convinced that the Tories would throw them under the bus.

In all this, while the tributes pour in for Mrs May's sense of dooty and doin' what's right, she was quite prepared to split the union. I can't imagine any other PM being so comfortable with the idea that the other kingdoms can f off. 

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Revocation got more votes than I expected, as there was no reason for MP's in Leave supporting constituencies to declare their hand at this stage.

Rejection of revocation got more votes than I expected, as there was no reason for MP's in Remain supporting constituencies to declare their hand at this stage.

Actually I wasn't thinking that at all.

What I was actually thinking was:

1 - what a great example of confirmation bias

2 - this guy needs to get out more

HOLA4423
9 minutes ago, copydude said:

Well, I think Arlene was convinced that the Tories would throw them under the bus.

In all this, while the tributes pour in for Mrs May's sense of dooty and doin' what's right, she was quite prepared to split the union. I can't imagine any other PM being so comfortable with the idea that the other kingdoms can f off. 

Don't be so melodramatic. There are plenty of areas where Northern Ireland diverges with the rest of the UK (often drastically so, such as same sex marriage and abortion). With various forms of devolution, you could already argue that the union is already fractured to some extent. What's proposed here is merely another fracture, not a split.

HOLA4424
25 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Oh my word. Is Parliament sovereign? Was Parliament elected by the people? 

The fact that the highest votes were for a 2nd refer must stick in your craw. 

Tick tock... like you used to want. 

They've essentially told us they can't make their minds up... after 33 months of a concerted attempt to block us leaving.

The grown-ups decided 33 months ago. Do you really wanna risk the electorate voting 48-52 (the other way)? Then neither parliament nor the people will appear decisive: total and utter chaos will ensue. What governement of any form would risk that!

Then again Cameron held an unnecessary ref that went against him an dcaused chaos. May doubled down and held an unnecessary GE, it went against her and increased the chaos.

Two self-inflicted wounds. Some superstitious sorts might say a 3rd was inevitable, and that is exactly wh at a 2nd ref would be: the ultimate, crowning ****-up!

When you are in a hole, stop digging!

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4425
6 minutes ago, NuBrit said:

Don't be so melodramatic. There are plenty of areas where Northern Ireland diverges with the rest of the UK (often drastically so, such as same sex marriage and abortion). With various forms of devolution, you could already argue that the union is already fractured to some extent. What's proposed here is merely another fracture, not a split.

Have a little empathy.

People are getting worked up in England cos they might have to pay roaming charges.