House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
9 hours ago, maverick73 said:

Well now they never have too... who wants to be controlled by a parilment so far away and without tacit knowledge of the country.

Correct about Westminster. That's why the independents in Scotland are so resilient. This Brexit sh1te was not voted for by the Jocks. 

Edited by ZeroSumGame

HOLA445
HOLA446
9 hours ago, maverick73 said:

Well now they never have too... who wants to be controlled by a parilment so far away and without tacit knowledge of the country.

I'd hold onto that thought

8 hours ago, thehowler said:

Are you speaking for jonb2 now?

giphy.gif

HOLA447
12 hours ago, jonb2 said:

They blame the EU for all the ills in people's life and tell them it will all get better after we leave. 

The source of all Britain's woes start and end with Westminster.

Further, the fuel for the fire is the demographic bubble that exists here in the UK.

Folk will start figuring that out by the middle of the next decade.

Ultimately, Brexit will amount to a damp squib no matter how it proceeds.

HOLA448
20 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

The source of all Britain's woes start and end with Westminster..... and their banker friends

Further, the fuel for the fire is for the demographic bubble that exists here in the UK are the bankers and their political lackies .

Folk will start figuring that out by the middle of the next decade....yes, but probably not in our lifetimes

Ultimately, Brexit will amount to a damp squib no matter how it proceeds.

Imagine a world today, if the price of a house now was the same price as it was, say, 40 years ago...... what caused it.... EEC ....EU ....Brexit?? what?

answer ..... the system of banking that (wrongly) benefitted boomers (me) ...... brexit's a side show by comparison.

Edited by cnick

HOLA449
12 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

Come to think about it, what would have been the point about a "people's vote"?

Cg9IvnHWgAEPTIH.jpg

The press are by and large are utterly contemptible...Its not only just the politicians...

Might just be the paper being stupid, but Denmark and Sweden aren't in the Euro.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
17 minutes ago, cnick said:

Imagine a world today, if the price of a house now was the same price as it was, say, 40 years ago...... what caused it.... EEC ....EU ....Brexit?? what?

Lax lending approved by our governments. The end of no recourse mortgages. The repeal of Glass Steagall. Bankers allowed to run riot. QE. More QE. ZIRP. Resulting in every market being distorted - including house prices.

Pointing your finger at the EU?????  Wrong. Ultimately the promise of more tax revenue for our politicians is enough to clinch the deal and let the bankers off the leash. Result, short term euphoria, long term misery.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
12 hours ago, maverick73 said:

Exactly why I’d come out of voting retirement and vote. He is exactly what the country needs. A spark that ignites the flames of ruin ?

The left wing masochist/sadists actively want the UK to be ruined, they seem to revel in it anf rejoice for some strange reason.

However, to some extent recessions can have some benefits in terms of weeding out inefficient businesses and zombie companies that only survive due to low interest rates. Unfortuntely though, the brunt of the pain is felt by the less wealthy sections of society.

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, Pitchfork said:

The left wing masochist/sadists actively want the UK to be ruined, they seem to revel in it anf rejoice for some strange reason.

However, to some extent recessions can have some benefits in terms of weeding out inefficient businesses and zombie companies that only survive due to low interest rates. Unfortuntely though, the brunt of the pain is felt by the less wealthy sections of society.

Normal economic cycles is 4 years up, 1 year to flush out the crap... QE has created an illusion of were all great and skipped three toilet flushes. Now as they gloss over normalisation and switch short term credit lending (LIBOR) back from central banks to the new and improved previous system (pre-2008)... everyone will feel the hangover ?

HOLA4417

Another Brexit calamity, the Gruniad reports on au pair crisis...

Many families are facing a childcare crisis following a 75% slump in the number of young Europeans willing to work as au pairs,

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/jun/09/au-pair-shortage-prompts-crisis-for-families

Fact they don't get minimum wage or paid holidays gets a mention in the last sentence.

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, thehowler said:

Another Brexit calamity, the Gruniad reports on au pair crisis...

Many families are facing a childcare crisis following a 75% slump in the number of young Europeans willing to work as au pairs,

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/jun/09/au-pair-shortage-prompts-crisis-for-families

Fact they don't get minimum wage or paid holidays gets a mention in the last sentence.

Yet the want more children, as they need more future tax payers ;)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

Lax lending approved by our governments. The end of no recourse mortgages. The repeal of Glass Steagall. Bankers allowed to run riot. QE. More QE. ZIRP. Resulting in every market being distorted - including house prices.

Pointing your finger at the EU?????  Wrong. Ultimately the promise of more tax revenue for our politicians is enough to clinch the deal and let the bankers off the leash. Result, short term euphoria, long term misery.

Think I worded it badly (very possible).

I'll try again ...... What caused / causes inflation?...... and I am not pointing the finger at the EU....... but imagine if the EU (as well as national government were prevented, by law, from printing 'money'....... so that the house of 40 years back was almost the same price today.

HOLA4422
12 hours ago, maverick73 said:

This is one of the worst arguments for Brexit considering the harm our lot has done to this place. A lighthouse keeper on the southern tip of Chile knows more about 'this country' than anybody in Westminster.

HOLA4423
14 hours ago, pig said:

For one thing a lot of this is ‘fake’: so many posts on here are obviously  manically post-rationalised, echo-chamber SM pumped  - the daft detail of the argument actually matters less than the hysteria that drives them.

So there will be no ‘ta da you were wrong’ moment to be had - this mentality will  just sneak off into some other alice in wonderland  blame cul-de-sac.

That moment is now anyway. Tarrifs and trade wars, pathetic unilateralism,  Windrush, England with the poorest regions in Europe and 4m using food banks.

I think you may be right Pig. That's why the whole thing is so exasperating. People are servant androids - they should start teaching themselves to look extremely closely at what both the right wing media and politicians spew. The right have ALWAYS been about money for the selected few. We are spinned things like the American Dream and May's speech immediately after Brexit. Inclusive my ****.

HOLA4424
14 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Aye - and let’s not forget it’s all on the tick.

Perfect storm - that’s what I voted for.

ebay_112401888621_1.jpg

If photographed today, that drive would have '18 plates and a higher model - as the personal contract will have ensured the perpetual debt mechanism.

HOLA4425
14 hours ago, thehowler said:

You don't mention the euro in your post, jonb2, are you in favour of the UK joining?

Well I was happy as things were. But now I think it might happen whether the people want it or not - it's going to be choice between sharp decline or rejoining. I agree that lots of people will kick off about it - but then what is money anyway when its represented by symbols rather than its role in society?