House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441

Come on guys, this was no conspiracy to murder.

It was a lone nutter who probably did have right wing mags in his bedroom.

But there is an adage in politics of never letting a 'good tragedy' go to waste (rest her soul).

Cameron and the centre parts of the campaign will be ever so subtle and would never dream of being explicit. But the dogs on the fringe like the Guardian, mouthy MP's etc. will be let off the leash sufficiently, just so that those who fail to pick up subtle messages can join the dots of the picture they want painting.

In the Mail we read that his "mixed race half brother said he wasn't political and that they had a good relationship but that he had had mental health issues".

The scandal is that this hasn't been allowed to become the news story. About support for mental health issues in the community. Or maybe we just need some facts to come out. Trouble is, messages are planted and once thought, can never be unthought so delay to the triuth can be advantageous in misinformation.

But what on earth Farage was thinking with that poster God only knows? On its own is enough to turn an awful lot of fair thinking people off the Brexit side. He's missed the target entirely - these people are desperate, we having bombed their countries to hell and created a vacuum for sick sadists to take over. A lot of UK minorities were on the side of Brexit before that poster, they will think twice now.

This lady had her heart in the right place and did her best to do something about the world as she saw it. RIP.

At least there is a bit of common sense. The paranoid 'retaliate first' spinning of this horrific event on this thread is nauseating.

However we're all already familiar with the malice, violence and twisted small d*** power cravings of far right nationalist politics.

So there are no dots left to join. Those have not only been 'joined' but FFS exploited by UKIP and chums for years let alone the last few weeks, pushing out execrable rubbish. If there is any backlash then it's simply a modest reaping what has been relentlessly sown.

There is a serious case for Brexit. It's not just about 'authoritarian populism'. If there is any meagre silver lining maybe the clowns can now FO for a week and let it make its case.

I hope none of her family friends or colleagues are anywhere near this thread but yes RIP.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Good grief, she's not been dead 24 hours. Some people on here are really embarrassing themselves.

Can't agree. She was a politician who fought for her views and stood by them. There is no reason not to discuss them or the larger EU issues now.

She's gone. It's obviously very bad indeed. But I don't think that should stop debate or discussion of issues that might impact on the country for the next 50 years.

HOLA444

I hope none of her family friends or colleagues are anywhere near this thread but yes RIP.

Why? Presumably they would be glad to see us having honest, frank exchanges of views. She was a politician. She lived for frank and honest exchanges like we have on this forum.

Everyone on this thread has expressed the obvious sadness in the events.

The EU referendum is such a large and critical issue that it surmounts any one person or event.

Edited by Errol

HOLA445

I didn't know her. She has just been murdered so I won't be too harsh.

However from what I have read about her and what she was involved in ? I think she is the very type of person who is destroying this country from within.

Terrible event for her and all her friends and family of course. However as for her actions and what she did in here life - her 'crusades' ? Not for me.

I can't stand this whole - as soon as someone dies they're automatically a great person - nonsense.

My opinion. I am sure others may disagree. That's up to them.

Nail. On. head.

Agree.

Of course it's all very sad, but that doesn't impact on the core points she stood for (which were on many accounts highly objectionable).

Well chaps, it's plain for all to see that you really care.

Can't agree. She was a politician who fought for her views and stood by them. There is no reason not to discuss them or the larger EU issues now.

She's gone. It's obviously very bad indeed. But I don't think that should stop debate or discussion of issues that might impact on the country for the next 50 years.

Discussing issues is one thing, to say she's responsible for destroying the country from within is something else entirely, especially as it seems that was her killers motivation. Have a word with yourselves.

HOLA446

The 'type of person'. Not sole responsibility. And from what I have read she was very much of the 'type'.

And I stand by my point - this is very sad and nobody would ever have wished it to happen. But that does not and will not preclude me from commenting on her views or on the EU referendum.

I will not discuss the motives of the killer because they are irrelevant. He was a lunatic.

Edited by Errol

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

For info, it appears that Jo Cox's killer had links with far right groups.

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but it does seem odd the only website to have apparently unearthed evidence of this, is a US based left-wing hate group (according to the FBI).

What we are now seeing, which is most alarming but not that unexpected, is all political parties trying to outdo each other with their smug saintliness. Jeremy Vine show seems to be in perma-depression mode, even going as far as to suggest MPs aren't as scummy as we are all led to believe. What a load of hypocritical ********, I'm ignoring the news for the next few days for the nth time.

Edited by spunko2010

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Everyone's favourite former Greek Finance Minister has some interesting things to say about the internal dynamic within council of finance ministers. I'm surprised at his support of the Bremain position in light of his comments.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/eu-like-hotel-california-you-can-never-leave-yanis-varoufakis-1.2688702

HOLA4412

Everyone's favourite former Greek Finance Minister has some interesting things to say about the internal dynamic within council of finance ministers. I'm surprised at his support of the Bremain position in light of his comments.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/eu-like-hotel-california-you-can-never-leave-yanis-varoufakis-1.2688702

Didn't he try to do a deal with Russia to get out of the Euro? Secure a Russian bailout of Greece or something? Where's his backbone now

HOLA4413

Agreed.

In fact personally I think this suspending of the debate on the EU is - if anything - a little bit disrespectful to her.

She was an ardent campaigner for it. So much so that she went out in a boat a few days ago with her family, banners and everything to campaign on the subject.

If that were me - and I knew if I was killed all this debate I was part of and clearly loved - was suspended ? I would be absolutely ******ing raging.

It would be like a footballer at a tournament being killed and them suspending the entire event.

I know it's incredibly cliched - but carrying on as "It's what they would have wanted" is entirely true.

HOLA4414

Is he trying to be as contradictory as possible ?

All it takes is one nation to stand up to them . Oh and yes I am supporting remain.

Err what.

HOLA4415

Well chaps, it's plain for all to see that you really care.

Discussing issues is one thing, to say she's responsible for destroying the country from within is something else entirely, especially as it seems that was her killers motivation. Have a word with yourselves.

Seriously, stop with the false holier-than-thou attitude - it makes you look insincere and point-scoring. 100s of thousands of people you never knew (just like Jo Cox, who you never knew) die every day - do you care about them?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Seriously, stop with the false holier-than-thou attitude - it makes you look insincere and point-scoring. 100s of thousands of people you never knew (just like Jo Cox, who you never knew) die every day - do you care about them?

I dont know what a false holier than thou attitude is, and dont know or care what point scoring is or what score it is.

I'd already finished anyway.

Of course I care about people.

Carry on.

Edited by macfarlan

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Looks like conjecture and preference by a couple of loons to me.

Yes they are not the most credible ,i was more curious about the colour of the twitter feed tabs at INFOwars twitter feed (not somewhere i've been before) ,but i would say the use of this tragic event by the left in the attempt to tar what's looking like half the UK electorate with the same brush is vile and disturbing by anyone's standards,but it seems like there`s plenty that seem to see it as acceptable ..what has this country become i ask myself

Edited by long time lurking

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

So his argument is that we should remain in the EU because it is a pile of shit. Only by being part of the pile of shit can we have any hope of stopping it becoming a bigger pile of shit. After 40 years of membership though, we've not prevented it from becoming a pile of shit so what makes him think we can do any better in the future? I can accept the argument that maybe if we'd not been a member state, it might currently be even more of a pile of shit, but so much of the remain argument I've heard is pinned on that hope that we are able to make it less of a pile of shit. The question I'm asking myself right now, is not whether the optimism about whether we can make it less of a pile of shit is justified or not, it is "do I want to be part of a pile of shit?".

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

So his argument is that we should remain in the EU because it is a pile of shit. Only by being part of the pile of shit can we have any hope of stopping it becoming a bigger pile of shit. After 40 years of membership though, we've not prevented it from becoming a pile of shit so what makes him think we can do any better in the future? I can accept the argument that maybe if we'd not been a member state, it might currently be even more of a pile of shit, but so much of the remain argument I've heard is pinned on that hope that we are able to make it less of a pile of shit. The question I'm asking myself right now, is not whether the optimism about whether we can make it less of a pile of shit is justified or not, it is "do I want to be part of a pile of shit?".

Round of applause

HOLA4424
HOLA4425