Is This Site Really Still Going?

BTLlondon

HOLA441
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

khali, you've misunderstood BTLLondon - easily done - his english teacher was a miner, doncha know... what he meant was you should look at "the whole pie". See, it's "the whole pie" whose alias is David Brant (or Brent), at least that's what BTLLondon claimed. I rather think he's confusing this David Brant/Brent with John Prescott.... "Look at the whole pie" is a different person althogether.... I'm not even sure he has an alias... or even exists!

Ah yes. Glad that's cleared up. :lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444

I speak for London here:

Have not been to visit this site for 6 months or so, I assumed you would have all packed your bags and moved on by now.

However I see much to your detriment so of you misguided fools are still banging on about a crash, when even the fool of all fools Ed Stansfield of Capital Economics has conceded.

Oh dear! Well guys hang in there for another 12 months I am sure by then property will be even more out of your reach.

Just to reiterate what I have always said:

No crash in the wider economy = no crash

No interest rate hike = no crash

Loads of Hype about the Olympics etc = no crash

There is NO REASON WHATSOVEVER for a housing crash at the moment. Just because you cannot afford a house in irrelevant to the market. London is the Capital of Europe and people want to live have, want a pad here, the successful business people of new economies often want a trophy property asset in London we should see Indian and Chinese investors competing with the Russians soon. Most graduate jobs are here, most young people want to work in London at least for a few years, London has huge DEMAND and limited SUPPLY.

I feel we have reached the end of the London property stagnation and should see good growth (4% – 6% pa) over the next few years.

BTL please go back to school and learn economics.

since the begining of time no society has ever become rich by borrowing moneyoff a central bank to by ever improved houses.

the Yeild curve is negative. game over man. do you think that all this money people are taking out of homes translates to real wealth? inflation is taking off. I go to the store and buy mself some crisps = 50p and a coke 70p. these items have almost doubled in the last 5 years wtf ? houses may rise at 2% this year but that represents a .5% drop in purcasing power im afraid with inflation 2.5%.

Money supply is up by 10% houses are up by 5% are you any richer? I hope you dont think so looser

the only reason fiat money works is that people like you are stupid.

HOLA445

"misguided fools are still banging on about a crash":

I suppose that is the Bull's view.

Byt we know now they are rather thick, and superficial.

Property is clearly NOT the place to be.

If you are satisfied with "boring at best" returns, then fine.

I would rather make real money. And Gold it was for me in 2005. 2006 too.

Let the thickies bang on about, "Where's the Crash", as they keep their money in a fool's investment, and the smart money quietly makes better returns outside property.

Someone has to be the Bagholder, i suppose

I have to agree with Dr Bubb..

I knew investors, who turned to property as an investment.

They have left the market.

I know people who have invested in property and they are still in.

I think the big difference is that experienced investors used property whilst it was performing and left before the risk was too high.

a lot of the people who jumped aboard are not investors of any experience. But the all speculative markets need a patsy.. If no house was ever going to be able to actually make money, then for money to be made people would have to come in to provide the money.

and tha,t I am afraid, represents the remaining bulls..

Proper investors always knew this was going to happen. and have left the party..

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

khali, you've misunderstood BTLLondon - easily done - his english teacher was a miner, doncha know... what he meant was you should look at "the whole pie". See, it's "the whole pie" whose alias is David Brant (or Brent), at least that's what BTLLondon claimed. I rather think he's confusing this David Brant/Brent with John Prescott.... "Look at the whole pie" is a different person althogether.... I'm not even sure he has an alias... or even exists!

The problem is when Prescott sees a whole pie, the pie doesn't stay whole for very long.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I have to agree with Dr Bubb..

I knew investors, who turned to property as an investment.

They have left the market.

I know people who have invested in property and they are still in.

I think the big difference is that experienced investors used property whilst it was performing and left before the risk was too high.

a lot of the people who jumped aboard are not investors of any experience. But the all speculative markets need a patsy.. If no house was ever going to be able to actually make money, then for money to be made people would have to come in to provide the money.

and tha,t I am afraid, represents the remaining bulls..

Proper investors always knew this was going to happen. and have left the party..

I sort of agree, but there will be many long term property investors who will keep hold of their properties.

I know of one such landlord who has used the rental income from several BTLs to pay the mortgage on a HUGE property (for himself) in the country (an ex farm).

His tenants have already pretty much paid for the BTLs (bought at auction in the late 90s for peanuts) and they are now paying for his main residence too.

Why sell the BTLs when they have proved to be a reliable cash cow and will continue to do so for many years? It's not all about capital gains you know.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

If you so desperate to buy a property accept the market, find a good deal, and buy. And if you can’t afford it because of crazy prices: get a better paid job!

Oh dear. I can just hear you say the same thing about the NHS...after all I'm sure you think that everything in life is a marketable commodity "If you can't afford treatment for your bowel cancer, find a good deal, and buy, And if you can't afford it because of crazy health care prices, just go and get a better job!"

Like so many BTL idiots you think that everything in the world is plum for your personal exploitation and s@d everyone else. I don't for a moment think you have the slightest idea about economics and your grasp of social consequences of what you are promoting is absolute zero.

VP

HOLA4419

At the end of the day I live in Leeds, earn over £30k and I can't even afford a one bed flat in a decent area.

I've got to the stage where I don't mind people buying somewhere to live - I just know they are getting into crippling debt which at some stage in the future they will regret.

On another point did you know that the ODP is plowing hundreds of thousands into new provision for debt advice.

HOLA4420

At the end of the day I live in Leeds, earn over £30k and I can't even afford a one bed flat in a decent area.

I've got to the stage where I don't mind people buying somewhere to live - I just know they are getting into crippling debt which at some stage in the future they will regret.

On another point did you know that the ODP is plowing hundreds of thousands into new provision for debt advice.

£30k in Leeds! That should get you somewhere decent... in a sane world.

HOLA4421

I speak for London here:

Have not been to visit this site for 6 months or so, I assumed you would have all packed your bags and moved on by now.

There is NO REASON WHATSOVEVER for a housing crash at the moment. Just because you cannot afford a house in irrelevant to the market. London is the Capital of Europe and people want to live have, want a pad here, the successful business people of new economies often want a trophy property asset in London we should see Indian and Chinese investors competing with the Russians soon. Most graduate jobs are here, most young people want to work in London at least for a few years, London has huge DEMAND and limited SUPPLY.

I feel we have reached the end of the London property stagnation and should see good growth (4% – 6% pa) over the next few years.

Good on ya mate. You speak for London and I speak for all of those who want to get out of this overpriced filthy hole. All those graduates, all those Indian, Chinese and Russian entrepreneurs, let them come to the new Jerusalem. I don't care. (buy the way, have you seen average new graduate wages lately? they'll have to live in garages)

Your right, I am irrelevant to the market. Its got its new fancy friends now and it doesn't care about me anymore. I try and I try and I try, but its a one way relationship and its not satisfying me. So today I decided I am going to do something about it. London is dumped. (see the London Exit Strategy string). Got all my mates from all over the country telling me their neck of the woods. And I don't know another site that could give me such entertaining insights to get me moving. This site is going strong.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest Bart of Darkness

I earn about the same in Sheffield, with exactly the same problem. At the moment I'm far better off renting, so that's what I'll do for the next couple of years at least

London is the Capital of Europe

Does the rest of Europe know this? :P

Well obviously. Because the present economic situation is now static y'know. No change ever (except up of course). The UK economy has been frozen at a wonderful peak and will carry on as it is, unchanging, until the sun burns out.

If you so desperate to buy a property accept the market, find a good deal, and buy. And if you can’t afford it because of crazy prices: get a better paid job!

Might work for 1 person, but where are hindreds of thousands of "better jobs" going to come from.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425