House Price Crash Forum

Is This Site Really Still Going?

I speak for London here:

Have not been to visit this site for 6 months or so, I assumed you would have all packed your bags and moved on by now.

However I see much to your detriment so of you misguided fools are still banging on about a crash, when even the fool of all fools Ed Stansfield of Capital Economics has conceded.

Oh dear! Well guys hang in there for another 12 months I am sure by then property will be even more out of your reach.

Just to reiterate what I have always said:

No crash in the wider economy = no crash

No interest rate hike = no crash

Loads of Hype about the Olympics etc = no crash

There is NO REASON WHATSOVEVER for a housing crash at the moment. Just because you cannot afford a house in irrelevant to the market. London is the Capital of Europe and people want to live have, want a pad here, the successful business people of new economies often want a trophy property asset in London we should see Indian and Chinese investors competing with the Russians soon. Most graduate jobs are here, most young people want to work in London at least for a few years, London has huge DEMAND and limited SUPPLY.

I feel we have reached the end of the London property stagnation and should see good growth (4% – 6% pa) over the next few years.

:lol:

The show's barely started, why leave now?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are too many boring flats in the East End, but such is the shortage of supply in London as a whole someone will buy them.

Rather than picking pedantic points with me try to look at the whole picture. (Look at the whole pie AKA David Brant!) It just makes you look small minded.

Aside: I told you 6 months ago you had missed the best time to buy, as per your quote, now the market is strengthening every day. That the was the low point of the London market now we are on the up. So glad a picked a few units up then. I sure you would rather pick up your shovel and go back down the coal mine.

Tell that to those studio flats in Hornsey, were on 150k 12 months ago, now asking 120k - that's before you start haggling. Um...they're not sold. But "someone will buy them". Oh. Bad Investment. Oh. Poor returns. Oh. Poor quality finish. Oh. Extortionate factor's fees. Oh. 6 times average salary. For a studio flat. That'll be it. Maybe some Russian millionaires will buy them. Better get yourself up to North London and snap them up.

Thanks for the contribution though, I much prefer TTRTRs, he's got some good arguements and does his research.

Great work on winding everyone up though. Full marks.

Bye bye.

£30k in Leeds! That should get you somewhere decent... in a sane world.

In Leeds there are but a few decent areas. A 3 bedroomed semi would run to region 200K, and a one bedroomed flat for perhaps 130K. There's plenty of cheaper housing but not where anyone in a sane world would live! There are plenty of cheap flats in the city centre, and I think prices will fall there due to oversupply but some of the flats are in dreadful locations, and city centre living is anyway not to some people's taste.

All I'm saying is that anyone stupid enough to be posting on this site, in view of the current economy and housing market, must be either:

Very bored

Need friends

Very misguided about the market

Very upset about not owning a property

A wannabe BTL / property investor / builder???

More likely it seems to me shaken by:

Sales at 30 year low

Withdrawl of SIPPS

Banks stopping mortgages on new build flats

Down turn in the ecconomy

Out of control personal debt

Seems to me there are a lot of nervouse people out there reacting as nervous people do. Aggresively.

looks like you guys have scared that sad little [email protected] away again. Well done!

Maybe a 'cut'n'paste' reply is appropriate from now on:-

"It's not falling where I live"

"It will be even MORE out of reach next year!"

"You have missed the boat/window/ferry/tram/packhorse"

"I am still making zillions from YOU lot of sad renters"

"Face it your crash never happened"

"A crash is impossible unless interest rates/unemployment/martians/lethal killing robots from future"

• 2 years later...
I speak for London here:

Have not been to visit this site for 6 months or so, I assumed you would have all packed your bags and moved on by now.

However I see much to your detriment so of you misguided fools are still banging on about a crash, when even the fool of all fools Ed Stansfield of Capital Economics has conceded.

Oh dear! Well guys hang in there for another 12 months I am sure by then property will be even more out of your reach.

Just to reiterate what I have always said:

No crash in the wider economy = no crash

No interest rate hike = no crash

Loads of Hype about the Olympics etc = no crash

There is NO REASON WHATSOVEVER for a housing crash at the moment. Just because you cannot afford a house in irrelevant to the market. London is the Capital of Europe and people want to live have, want a pad here, the successful business people of new economies often want a trophy property asset in London we should see Indian and Chinese investors competing with the Russians soon. Most graduate jobs are here, most young people want to work in London at least for a few years, London has huge DEMAND and limited SUPPLY.

I feel we have reached the end of the London property stagnation and should see good growth (4% – 6% pa) over the next few years.

Hey fred how you doing old mate, I bet you regret coming here and posting this, long time no see, shame you had to change your company name after making yourself look a prat.

Still selling BTL mortgages or has that come to a sudden halt, I see you no longer do the rent to buy, was that a waste of time?

Oh well you can always sell hot dogs or become a Mr Whippy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey fred how you doing old mate, I bet you regret coming here and posting this, long time no see, shame you had to change your company name after making yourself look a prat.

Still selling BTL mortgages or has that come to a sudden halt, I see you no longer do the rent to buy, was that a waste of time?

Oh well you can always sell hot dogs or become a Mr Whippy. :)

Please do tell more Sometimes I feel like bringing all these posts back from the dead. PM the Original Poster for an update :lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Please do tell more Sometimes I feel like bringing all these posts back from the dead. PM the Original Poster for an update :lol::lol:

To be fair to the guy, he was absolutely correct then. Just because its happening now, doesnt mean that one has been correct for the last 8 years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This a great forum to read to remind yourself of the gloom, insults we had to put up with from gloating BTLers and other HPI cheerers. Read to remind yourself just in case you start to feel sorry for all those REPOS's many of whom are idiots like the OP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...