House Price Crash Forum

We Are Facing Another Global Financial Crisis Of Epic Proportions

suntory

HOLA441

What would happen if the Saudis depeg from the Dollar over night?

I am asking this because maintaining the peg must become increasingly costly at this stage for the Saudis. Why would they want to hang on to the peg when their main trading partner is China?

Also, why would they want to insist on payment in USD when, what they really want is the shiny stuff?

Considering Saudi control over the oil price, I am wondering what the end game here really is? Are the Saudis setting themselves up for a divorce?

The global economic chess game unfolding is truly fascinating.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

DJIA nearly regained all its losses (currently only 0.7% down).

US stockmarket decoupling from the rest of the world.

If the US can ride such big falls elsewhere then maybe an interest rate rise can be justified.

Well spotted. And perhaps this is exactly the impression that the Fed wants to create. Something like this: despite major downturn in China, US is still strong and powerful, blah blah blah, September rate hike is still on.

This, undoubtly, would be the biggest pro HPC news possible as asset price bubbles across the world would finally start to implode. I mean London is imploding already but the pace would pick up.

What do you think?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

This market has changed from buy the dip to sell the rallies - fundamental change.

They bumped the market up in the US today with massive buying on a day when everyone should have been panicking and selling.

This ain't over yet.

Edit:

DOW is rolling over again currently - the big boys sold to the Fed and the markets rose. Now the big boys want to sell more stocks so they want the market down again so the PPT can come in and buy the shares off them. They are selling the rallies to the Fed.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I see the Dow PPT has made all the posters on here look like a bunch of hysterical girlies today. Never mind there is always tomorrow and real serious bear markets don't unfold all in one day as anyone who has witnessed one will know.

The day aint over yet my dear.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425