House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
6 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

If this is actually the way the it works out, what makes you think they are going gift you mad gainz rather than simply appropriate the whole thing and keeps all profits for themselves ?.

Either way you lose - you lose if your wrong because your holding a coin that worthless in the post-banking era, you lose if your right because if TPTB attain such a high level of control over crypto, they will make sure that they and not you get rich out of it.

Should I turn it in to yellow metal?

HOLA442
6 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Could you lads recommend a simple entry to crypto. Happy to sling a few quid in. But I can only use my phone for internet access / and only occasionally - can’t sit and watch it all the time.

i was looking at DeVere Crypto?

Simplest way to get involved would be to open an account on coinbase or kraken and slowly buy some bitcoin - a little each month, not more than you can afford to lose.

Everyone has their opinion on the different altcoins and one might make you some money, but how do you choose from the 1000 alts. Stick to tried and tested bitcoin, especially if you’re new to this.

The whole reason crypto was invented was to have peer to peer, decentralised, trustless transfer of value/money. Bitcoin achieves that very well. A lot of these alts do one particular thing better whilst sacrificing one of the principal reasons for crypto being invented in the first place.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I received a marketing email for new distrubted exchange called Oxygen that seems to be about to do an ICO of some sort. The platform also plans to allow people to lend crypto for a fee to those that want to borrow it, so that they can go short. Interestingly the CEO has the following bio:

Alex Grebnev, CFA

Over 16 years of investment banking (Managing Director at Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs) and fintech experience; MA Mathematics, CQF

As far as I know it hasn't been possible to short this market so far, unless by shady deals with the exchanges behind the scenes who have lots of crypto sitting in their wallets doing not-very-much. Could affect the price going forwards, maybe this will become a feature of many exchanges.

From Business Insider:

Oxygen will collaborate with cryptocurrency exchange Changelly, targeting its 1.6 million private and institutional users.

Shorting is a widespread tactic among hedge funds and FX traders, so enabling it within the cryptocurrency space could draw more mainstream investors to the asset class, as this would allow them to transact with the asset in a way they're familiar with and adept at.

Edited by doahh

HOLA446
HOLA447
19 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I’ve got 8,000 XRP, and when they fully grow, I an anticipating having either 5 or 6 zeros after their worth in $.

Really? that low. Wow thought the way you talked you had a serious amount. I swapped out some LTC for 3800 XRP last year kust to get some exposure. It's like 5% of my crypto holdings, you make me feel like a Whale!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
18 hours ago, longgone said:

looking at the chart it`s collapsed ??

Ah, but I sold out at just over $3 and then traded the dips and spikes in the way down, so trebled my original coin count, before locking in at $1.00.

I originally only spent $56 on some BTC back last Feb, and sold out (including acquired BTG/BCH ) around Nov 2017, before buying into XRP at $0.24

My $56 was turned into $11k, and i’ve taken $3k out. I’m just going to sit on the XRP now as i can afford to lose it all, and it is likely moon to over $100.

HOLA4411
41 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Ah, but I sold out at just over $3 and then traded the dips and spikes in the way down, so trebled my original coin count, before locking in at $1.00.

I originally only spent $56 on some BTC back last Feb, and sold out (including acquired BTG/BCH ) around Nov 2017, before buying into XRP at $0.24

My $56 was turned into $11k, and i’ve taken $3k out. I’m just going to sit on the XRP now as i can afford to lose it all, and it is likely moon to over $100.

up either way then. i would have to risk some cash to have a flutter.  i might risk a monkey ;)

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, longgone said:

up either way then. i would have to risk some cash to have a flutter.  i might risk a monkey ;)

When you see a fellow poster stand to make mad gainz like that it's hard not to want to join in. I personally have not much clue about how to actually use crypto but then again I have no fiat money to invest in the schemes so probably why I haven't bothered getting serious on the research front.

I did join that swift demand thing but it seems more of a gimmick that one. Time will tell. 

Edited by fluteroop
Cos yer Maw is a Remoaning old boot

HOLA4413
3 minutes ago, fluteroop said:

When you see a fellow poster stand to make mad gainz like that it's hard not to want to join in. I personally have not much clue about how to actually use crypto but then again I have no fiat money to invest in the schemes so probably why I haven't bothered getting serious on the research front.

I did join that swift demand thing but it seems more of a gimmick that one. Time will tell. 

not looking to make gains i just want out of the hamster wheel system. which coincides with getting a large payoff from somewhere. 

i have been sitting on mountains of fiat for 10 years 

HOLA4414

Looks like we are heading to re-test the $6,200 support.

also noticed that eBay has a lot of rigs coming up for sale, which all look to have be made in the last month or so, fair-weather miners! 

for anyone wanting to set up mining rig, or gaming computer there is going to be a wall of GPU’s hitting the market in the coming months

HOLA4415
13 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

Looks like we are heading to re-test the $6,200 support.

also noticed that eBay has a lot of rigs coming up for sale, which all look to have be made in the last month or so, fair-weather miners! 

for anyone wanting to set up mining rig, or gaming computer there is going to be a wall of GPU’s hitting the market in the coming months

Please show $6,200 support on a chart. I'm seeing $5k, $3k and $1,365. in my eyes, $3k is already toast, so hodlers better pray that $5k holds. 

As for crypto in general, I think it's done for a long long time. Many alts are not going to recover and will end up being de-listed from exchanges. 

This is a very dangerous situation for hodlers. As for mining coins, this is a dead end industry to be in as these types of coins are becoming relics.. The next cycle for coins wont be underpinned by mining imo.

Edited by narco

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
42 minutes ago, longgone said:

hmm might up it to 1500

It's certainly possible. There are only 2 untested levels of support below. $5k and $1,364.

Here's a basic log chart that clearly shows tested (Red arrows) and untested (Green arrows) support. 

$5k needs to hold, otherwise the door is open to $1,364.

BTC.PNG

Edited by narco

HOLA4424
4 minutes ago, narco said:

It's certainly possible. There are only 2 untested levels of support below. $5k and $1,364.

Here's a basic log chart that clearly shows tested (Red arrows) and untested (Green arrows) support. 

$5k needs to hold, otherwise the door is open to $1,364.

BTC.PNG

tested ?  you mean buy in to support ? price could be anything 

HOLA4425
Just now, longgone said:

tested ?  you mean buy in to support ? price could be anything 

Look closely at the red arrows and then look left at the price levels. 

Those horizontal levels have seen price breakout above and retest the breakout line before moving higher. Those levels can be discarded on the way down. 

Green arrows are the fresh levels which will act as support (previous resistance) due to the significant volume of buy orders that will be sat waiting there.