• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

The verdict is in folks, this was not a revolution, i repeat, not a revolution. :rolleyes:

After watching Newsnight. The BBC [pretend to] struggle to comprehend what they would like to portray as motiveless sociopathy, when they know it has been politically motivated.

A seed has been sown in this country! But it will take years for it to grow.

Edited by Milton

HOLA445

But she was absolutely clear that this sort of behaviour is unacceptable!

Was it not absolutely clear enough for you that she has every intention of working very hard to sound jolly scary?

I know you mean that tongue in cheek.. and she didn't come across as decisive, or as though she fully understood the gravity of the situation but I thought the guy interviewing her was equally unhelpful.

I don't usually single the BBC out for criticism, but instead of focusing on cuts to services, not enough police to handle the situation, pointing out that police tactics had been relatively unsuccessful.. they should have been focusing on denouncing the looters and focusing on all the footage they have of them and how they will be caught.

The situation was still at flash point and you had some BBC presenter pointing out how ineffectual the police had been, how everyone was getting away with it and how the government didn't have the situation under control. The time for that is after the situation is under control!

It was tantamount to incitement..! (Though that still doesn't excuse Theresa's crap performance).

Edited by libspero

HOLA446

I know you mean that tongue in cheek.. and she didn't come across as decisive, or as though she fully understood the gravity of the situation but I thought the guy interviewing her was equally unhelpful.

I don't usually single the BBC out for criticism, but instead of focusing on cuts to services, not enough police to handle the situation, pointing out that police tactics had been relatively unsuccessful.. they should have been focusing on denouncing the looters and focusing on all the footage they have of them and how they will be caught.

The situation was still at flash point and you had some BBC presenter pointing out how ineffectual the police had been, how everyone was getting away with it and how the government didn't have the situation under control. The time for that is after the situation is under control!

It was tantamount to incitement..! (Though that still doesn't excuse Theresa's crap performance).

IMPO in the past 72 hours the coverage on BBC Fivelive has been tantamount to an info provider to rioters of where riots are taking place.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I have heard similar and also a rumour that a media blackout has now been imposed.

The dead men are Asian Muslims defending their property.

The media might be worried about inter ethnic violence.

While those predicting imminent revolution are wrong so are those on here who have been claiming it is contained.

I have Irish relatives and what is going on now reminds me uncannily of Ulster just before the troubled in the 1960s. We have a government distracted by wider economic issues, a police force unable to cope, people organising local defence groups and increasing religious, racial and sectarian polarisation. I would suggest not being lulled by any periods of calm. They can last weeks or months. This is going to end up in a very bad place unless we are very lucky.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

HOLA4410

While those predicting imminent revolution are wrong so are those on here who have been claiming it is contained.

I have Irish relatives and what is going on now reminds me uncannily of Ulster just before the troubled in the 1960s. We have a government distracted wider evonomic issues, a police force unable to cope, people organising local defence groups and increasing religious, racial and sectarian polarisation. I would suggest not being lulled by any periods of calm. They can last weeks or months. This is going to end up in a very bad place unless we are very lucky.

This is getting bl00dy silly!!!

Time to start throwing swathes of barbed wire around old RAF camps and interning those that would terrorise our streets for as long as is deemed necessary!!

Edit to add: and repeal the HRA to allow it to happen!!

Edited by geezer466

HOLA4411

Rather a good, balanced and interesting article in the Guardian IMHO...

uk-riots-psychology-of-looting

they didn't seem to be politically motivated, nor did they have any sense of community or social solidarity. This was inarguable. As one brave woman in Hackney put it: "We're not all gathering together for a cause, we're running down Foot Locker."

HOLA4412

Hazel Blears condemnation of the riots in Salford on BBC breakfast is a bit fookin rich from somebody who was one of a number of MPs who had avoided paying tax on a property funded by parliamentary allowances.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5310568/Hazel-Blears-should-be-sacked-for-avoiding-capital-gains-tax-MPs-expenses.html

Boris Johnson spent a night in the cells for smashing a restaurant window while being involved in the bullingdon club at Oxford university,

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/when-boris-met-dave/4od

The idiots who are smashing up property in these riots do not have good role models to look up to.

Edited by crystal ball

HOLA4413

This is getting bl00dy silly!!!

Time to start throwing swathes of barbed wire around old RAF camps and interning those that would terrorise our streets for as long as is deemed necessary!!

Edit to add: and repeal the HRA to allow it to happen!!

these people are the same ones that are allowed to run riot on sink estates day in and day out, terrorising residents all the time, while the Authorities await "evidence" provided by brave residents who risk a dustbin through their reinforced steel doors at any time of the day.

Political Correctness stops the Authorities from dealing with these animals.

HOLA4414

I have Irish relatives and what is going on now reminds me uncannily of Ulster just before the troubled in the 1960s. We have a government distracted by wider economic issues, a police force unable to cope, people organising local defence groups and increasing religious, racial and sectarian polarisation. I would suggest not being lulled by any periods of calm. They can last weeks or months. This is going to end up in a very bad place unless we are very lucky.

As an 11year old my family moved to Plymouth to escape the problems in Northern Ireland. First it was some riots, then house burnings on a large scale up to 1000+ a day.

I have for some years now thought all the ingredients exist for a re-run here on the mainland. In crude and incomplete terms a problematic sequence looks like this: Tribal ghettoisation, educational ghettoisation, unemployment, criminality, breakdown of effective policing, riots, looting, vigilantes, political adoption of conflicted parties, organised violence.

Yes looting is criminal, but to say what we are witnessing in our urban centres is simply criminality is missing the big picture, a dangerous omission by politicians and police, if that is what they really think all this is about. It would be too much to hope that they would acknowledge their own failings over the last 15 years.

HOLA4415

Hazel Blears condemnation of the riots in Salford on BBC breakfast is a bit fookin rich from somebody who was one of a number of MPs who had avoided paying tax on a property funded by parliamentary allowances.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5310568/Hazel-Blears-should-be-sacked-for-avoiding-capital-gains-tax-MPs-expenses.html

The idiots who are smashing up property in these riots do not have good role models to look up to.

+1

The likes of her are part of the cause of this problem. Hypocrisy and a materialistic view of life and 'what is good for me is right'. A dreadful person whose hypocritical platitudes grate on ones spine. I seem to remember no full apology was offered by this creature.

Edited by EmpiricalBear

HOLA4416

Boris Johnson spent a night in the cells for smashing a restaurant window while being involved in the bullingdon club at Oxford university,

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/when-boris-met-dave/4od

Agree. What sort of example have our ruling classes set...jobs for the boys and ludicrous salaries...fraudulent expenses claims...kick backs.....? How many bankers have been prosecuted for taking fraudulent bonuses....how many have been asked to repay looted money? The example is that you can take and do what you want without fear of prosecution..(unless you are a motorist or put the wrong rubbish in a dustbin!)..Our leaders need to start setting a moral example if we want a long term solution to our problems.

HOLA4417

Agree. What sort of example have our ruling classes set...jobs for the boys and ludicrous salaries...fraudulent expenses claims...kick backs.....? How many bankers have been prosecuted for taking fraudulent bonuses....how many have been asked to repay looted money? The example is that you can take and do what you want without fear of prosecution..(unless you are a motorist or put the wrong rubbish in a dustbin!)..Our leaders need to start setting a moral example if we want a long term solution to our problems.

Yep. Society is broken, TPTB contributed to the loss of respect, lack of mores; for years the state appears to have been at war with the decent section of society with its petty persecution, whilst ignoring even encouraging the part that was rotting away.

Whilst it is always the minority, when you look at the ages of those doing this, if really doesn't bode well for the future. I thought the 'Untouchables' was a movie about the mobsters.

HOLA4418

these people are the same ones that are allowed to run riot on sink estates day in and day out, terrorising residents all the time, while the Authorities await "evidence" provided by brave residents who risk a dustbin through their reinforced steel doors at any time of the day.

Political Correctness stops the Authorities from dealing with these animals.

It's the Soft Society.

All rights, no responsibilities.

High time for it to toughen up.

HOLA4419

As an 11year old my family moved to Plymouth to escape the problems in Northern Ireland. First it was some riots, then house burnings on a large scale up to 1000+ a day.

I have for some years now thought all the ingredients exist for a re-run here on the mainland. In crude and incomplete terms a problematic sequence looks like this: Tribal ghettoisation, educational ghettoisation, unemployment, criminality, breakdown of effective policing, riots, looting, vigilantes, political adoption of conflicted parties, organised violence.

Yes looting is criminal, but to say what we are witnessing in our urban centres is simply criminality is missing the big picture, a dangerous omission by politicians and police, if that is what they really think all this is about. It would be too much to hope that they would acknowledge their own failings over the last 15 years.

Simply criminality is just the agreed line for today. Stressing that it is in no way related to the slightest aspect of politics, policing or social conditions.

I confidently predict that soon, next month, in 6 months, or whenever, the politicians of all hues will be claiming that their 'new plan' is the one and only solution to fix the issues with politics, police or social conditions that they claim today do not exist.

They are wrong (incomplete) now and they will be wrong then.

HOLA4420

Riot police on the street for 'as long as it takes'?

tf?

Soon as they go, the kids will be back out for a bit more fun. Either that or it's occupation for a decade, a genuine police state implemented over just 3 nights.

HOLA4421

It's the Soft Society.

in my view, we want the Authorities to be reasonable, and yet be firm with real issues as they occur.

The issue here, is that the PC authorities are too busy covering up their own butts rather than putting out these fires as they start...Its easy for them to say they are dealing with this when they produce a wadge of papers and appear in the news to say they are. Appearance of action is all they need to prove to those NOT involved...Meanwhile, ferral families are left alone for months, while they carry on doing whatever they are doing....they see no boundaries and law abiding citizens as a soft touch. And when the latter react, the Police act as if nothing else has led up to the situation where a normally peaceful and quiet man is forced to act.

Yesterday, Boris was in the Streets.... a hundred or so quiet citizens had turned up to clean the streets....the POLICE KEPT THEM OUT with barriers and a row of Police..the GOOD PEOPLE were prevented from helping up, while the Boris got his photo op with a broom ( which he held up and didnt sweep with). Its all JAW JAW with these buttholes....

Then there is some otehr butthole saying people over 30 have no idea how the messaging system works....these people have NO IDEA.

Why we look to them for solutions, I have no clue

HOLA4422

It's the Soft Society.

This has to apply from top to bottom of society e.g. heads of local government paid ludicrous salaries...but when things go wrong no responsibility and a golden parachute out. Yes toughen up but set the example at the top.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

hazel-blears-cheque.jpg

Now, now. That was a "mistake". It's only theft if it's a bin through a shop window. Apparently.