House Price Crash Forum
geezer466

RIOTS THREAD MERGED

Two patrol cars have been set on fire after members of a community where a young man was shot dead by police took to the streets to demand "justice". Dozens of protesters have gathered outside the police station on the High Road in Tottenham, north London.

This will either blow over quite quickly or it will escalate and spread to other parts of the Country as it did in the early 1980's under Thatcher... There was open anarchy on the streets of Brixton, Toxteth and Tottenham with the Broadwater Farm Riots.

Love the sky news pictures..... There is a double decker bus alight and giving off loads of black smoke just beyond one of Ken Livingstones Low Emission zone signs....... B)

Love the sky news pictures..... There is a double decker bus alight and giving off loads of black smoke just beyond one of Ken Livingstones Low Emission zone signs....... B)

Saw that too.

Two patrol cars have been set on fire after members of a community where a young man was shot dead by police took to the streets to demand "justice". Dozens of protesters have gathered outside the police station on the High Road in Tottenham, north London.

This will either blow over quite quickly or it will escalate and spread to other parts of the Country as it did in the early 1980's under Thatcher... There was open anarchy on the streets of Brixton, Toxteth and Tottenham with the Broadwater Farm Riots.

50 protesters. 500 police.

Even in Libya, land of mass rapes and genocides, firefighters would go to the scene of a fire to put it out even with protesters present.

Edited by _w_

There's no real comparison here.

The 80s was about how whole communities were treated like shit.

This is a piece of shit that got smoked, and few idiots, probably from the same ilk as the dead bloke trying to make a point.

This is a piece of shit that got smoked, and few idiots, probably from the same ilk as the dead bloke trying to make a point.

+1

It was a similar occurrence (a death but not a police shooting) which kicked off the 1985 riot....

Wiki Report

Targets so far the bookies and a jewelery shop. This is opportunism not civil unrest

Well, yeah... (actual) civil unrest in England? :lol:

It's summer and there's a lot of bored young people. And it's an inner city area. What do you think is going to happen once in a while?

It was a similar occurrence (a death but not a police shooting) which kicked off the 1985 riot....

Wiki Report

Yes, but this is a reaction to a kunt with a gun being shot (and I'm glad he was); not to oppression of a large group of society. This is just scum looting and causing damage and using a death as an excuse.

If chip shops still used newspaper, you'd be eating chips out of this in a few days and have forgotten about it. Shit area and shit people doing what they do best: crime.

Edited by pie-eater

It depends if they are organised, using technology, like in The Arab Spring. As far as I can see it a bus is on fire and the news media (coz that's what they do) are milking it and that's it.

Also I second the comment above about it being a hot summer night.

Edited by pl1

It depends if they are organised, using technology, like in The Arab Spring. As far as I can see it a bus is on fire and the news media (coz that's what they do) are milking it and that's it.

Also I second the comment above about it being a hot summer night.

It's not hot in London tonight. Been raining and about 15c at the moment ;)

It's not hot in London tonight. Been raining and about 15c at the moment ;)

It was more a euphamism. I meant boredom, summer holidays and being a Saturday night will have at least some part to play in how big things kick off.

edit: astonished by the huge amount of police (on double time?) turning up considering the amount of damage that I can see.

Edited by pl1

Yes, but this is a reaction to a kunt with a gun being shot (and I'm glad he was); not to oppression of a large group of society. This is just scum looting and causing damage and using a death as an excuse.

If chip shops still used newspaper, you'd be eating chips out of this in a few days and have forgotten about it. Shit area and shit people doing what they do best: crime.

Have you lived there, do you know these people?

Yes.

And I know of these people.

'Of these people'. What does that mean?

I've been to Tottenham a few times and despite it's horrendous reputation it looked like a pretty decent place. When did you live there?