HOLA441
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
when you have properties that you can pick up for £30k, let on a LHA rate of £400 you would have to be stupid not to buy if you had the experience i had with letting to the unemployed.

You're projecting the government money for housing benefit will remain at current levels, that what they pay won't adjust sharply downwards.

The money is running out. I wouldn't want to be in your position when housing benefits get repeatedly slashed.

Slums will be worth a lot less than what you now see as bargains, your capital values crashed out, and your rental income streams run dry.

Tenants 'in most debt since 80s'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8029629.stm

HOLA445
£125 quid per property? (is that montly or annual cashflow?)(just read that is the average cost of a mortgage)

ph ajay has created a competition, £100 in it!

get photoshopping

If that is before expenditure to keep the properties maintained (probably 2% per year of current market value) then his stock will be depreciating as the structure and fabric wears

This is a feature of much of the BTL stock going through auctions. The numpty landlords assume the value will be comparable to an owner occupied property. In reality ex BTL's are like an over the hill brass - well ******ed

Surely Ajay will know this - he is a Chartered Accountant afterall :P

Edited by Kurt Barlow

HOLA446
HOLA447

by the very nature of a windmilling scheme, where deposits are gained from previous purchases rises and equity release, these large portfolios will have a large proportion of their purchases made towards the end of the boom.

The equity losses will be made on all the portfolio as values decrease, putting the last in NE very quickly, this itself calling in the equity on the other earlier bought properties which themselves are losing equity.....double bubble, and the more aggressive the purchasing, the more quickly the equity disappears from the system as a whole.

this guy might only work 4 hours a week, but spends the rest of the week praying to his god for a banking crisis to end very soon indeed so that more people will borrow to push up prices....sadly, it was his own type of business that pushed levels up in the last few years, FTBS, real buyers with skin in the game, are still priced out.

And just Which business people are going to be buying into BTL, backed by banks that is, anytime soon?

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA448
So if you are going to try and pick at my success then can someone here more successful than me in business tell me what i am doing wrong?

i'll tell you what your doing wrong, you own 199 more properties than you need. your a parasite on the nation feeding off of what is rightfully theirs. you have manipulated the system to afford a nice lifestyle. i would argue that you offer nothing to this society other than a philospohy of greed.

i dream of a day when BTL is illegal.

do you make anything? no.

what positive input do you give this country? Nothing. renting to people what they should own is noth input, its like breaking their legs and then being magnamanous enough to offer them crutches.

people like you are the direct cause of high house prices.

your the corner stone of slum landlording and all the ills that that offers society.

the way you boast about getting up when you want and going to bed when you want makes me sick. whats the point of saying that? why are you saying that? your just pissing poeple off that cant. Some poeple work in factories and clock on, many of your tennents no doubt, slave to support your evil empire, adn clearly you have no respect for their labour. I have encountered many evil landlords but most of them at least have the calibre to keep things like that under their hats.

HOLA449
by the very nature of a windmilling scheme, where deposits are gained from previous purchases rises and equity release, these large portfolios will have a large proportion of their purchases made towards the end of the boom.

The equity losses will be made on all the portfolio as values decrease, putting the last in NE very quickly, this itself calling in the equity on the other earlier bought properties which themselves are losing equity.....double bubble, and the more aggressive the purchasing, the more quickly the equity disappears from the system as a whole.

this guy might only work 4 hours a week, but spends the rest of the week praying to his god for a banking crisis to end very soon indeed so that more people will borrow to push up prices....sadly, it was his own type of business that pushed levels up in the last few years, FTBS, real buyers with skin in the game, are still priced out.

And just Which business people are going to be buying into BTL, backed by banks that is, anytime soon?

The God of overfilled baths, hope this mug put his plug on expenses. The boy is going down, should be instructive for some of the sheep who believed it was the way to "make it".

HOLA4410

providing lettings is just a service, and I'm surprised that so many get so rabid about the subject.

it's actually kind of scary, and more indicative of problems than the BTL'ers themselves.

many people can't own at the present, and SHOULDN'T due to their own circumstances.

currently it is a bonanza for them.

underpriced rents, massive choice etc.

far from it being a bad thing, the LL's are almost subsidising rents at,.

it's GOOD news for most renters.

HOLA4411
i'll tell you what your doing wrong, you own 199 more properties than you need. your a parasite on the nation feeding off of what is rightfully theirs. you have manipulated the system to afford a nice lifestyle. i would argue that you offer nothing to this society other than a philospohy of greed.

i dream of a day when BTL is illegal.

do you make anything? no.

what positive input do you give this country? Nothing. renting to people what they should own is noth input, its like breaking their legs and then being magnamanous enough to offer them crutches.

people like you are the direct cause of high house prices.

your the corner stone of slum landlording and all the ills that that offers society.

the way you boast about getting up when you want and going to bed when you want makes me sick. whats the point of saying that? why are you saying that? your just pissing poeple off that cant. Some poeple work in factories and clock on, many of your tennents no doubt, slave to support your evil empire, adn clearly you have no respect for their labour. I have encountered many evil landlords but most of them at least have the calibre to keep things like that under their hats.

No no, you're wrong there.

He doesn't live off people who clock on every day. You know, dignity of labour and all that. He made it quite clear that he depends upon government handouts, just like his tenants. He achieves this by buying properties that no one else wants. LHA rates are being reduced all the time so this scenario won't last forever.

Anybody with any sense would have diversified their way out of it by now, but instead he says he wants 1000 of these godforsaken places.

HOLA4412
providing lettings is just a service

Except the funding model behind BTL is deeply immoral and completely counter-productive to families owning their own homes, instead putting them at the whim of fickle, fly-by-night amateurs every 6 months

BTL needs to die

HOLA4413
No no, you're wrong there.

He doesn't live off people who clock on every day. You know, dignity of labour and all that. He made it quite clear that he depends upon government handouts, just like his tenants.

Exactly - he no better than anyone else out there who is sponging off the state. I'm not saying he won't profit from it, but he should drop the attitude and see himself for what he is, nothing but a leech on public money.

HOLA4414

just to confirm: it is £55k PER MONTH.

I know it is difficult to comprehend these figures but trust me this is NOTHING compared to some big time landlords. I know of landlords who have monthly rent rolls of £3m per month. Can you imagine that? That is where I want to be.......

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I know it is difficult to comprehend these figures but trust me this is NOTHING compared to some big time landlords. I know of landlords who have monthly rent rolls of £3m per month. Can you imagine that? That is where I want to be.......

And how much of that gets reinvested to halt material depreciation of your stock? ;)

Nowt - if the shyte I have seen going through the auction houses is anything to go by.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

SOme of the attitiudes on here surprise me. If you are so anti BTL, start a campaign about it, set up a website educating people to its evils, write to your MP, petition the government, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of sitting behind your computer screen flinging bile over the copper wires at some bloke who really doesn't give a toss what you think or say!

I wouldn't choose to buy Mr Ahuja a beer, and he probably wouldn't want to do the same for me, but he is doing nothing illegal. He thinks he can make lots of money out of it. He might be right. He might be wrong.

Who is worse, Ajay or the Labour peer who has stiffed us to the tune of £100,000 for a house in Kent that she hasn't used for years????

edited for poor spelling.

Edited by Hip to be bear

HOLA4419

£55,000 / 200 properties = £275 per month, per property. Not difficult to comprehend.

Please, don't patronise.

HOLA4420
Who is worse, Ajay or the Labour peer who has stiffed us to the tune of £100,000 for a house in Kent that she hasn't used for years????

They are both playing the same game. Money that you and I earn every month is taken from us and used to fund both.

Edited by JoeDavola

HOLA4421
i graduated from LSE... bla bla bla... my success... bla bla bla... my whole strategy... lots of money... bla bla bla...

Only two years after the peak and this type of persona is already lost in time. This will be the kind of thing they quote in history books in the 2030s to show a type of egotistic, easy money-driven, illiterate, self-declared alpha male, cloth-eared, loudmouthed idiot of the mid-2000s. Him and that orange guy on steroids. What he doesn't see is that whether or not he goes down financially he is a clown figure: no sense of value, no ability to reflect on his actions, a need to keep boasting whatever is said to him, a defensive desire to talk about education though he can't read and write. He is already like the Elizabethan fops with the huge ruffs. An idiot in the funny pages of history.

HOLA4422
providing lettings is just a service, and I'm surprised that so many get so rabid about the subject.

it's actually kind of scary, and more indicative of problems than the BTL'ers themselves.

many people can't own at the present, and SHOULDN'T due to their own circumstances.

currently it is a bonanza for them.

underpriced rents, massive choice etc.

far from it being a bad thing, the LL's are almost subsidising rents at,.

it's GOOD news for most renters.

I agree. Some BTLers provide an important service. I'm renting with my present LL for 10 years now. He is excellent professional LL. I had to move out of one of his flats because the renter below was mad, and was persecuting me. I was afraid it would end up with one of us in hospital and the other in prison. So LL offered me another flat, more expensive but better quality.

I've just been speaking to him, and I told him I wish I sitll had the other cheaper flat. He is going to see if he can offer me a cheaper flat lkie the one I left. He has hundreds, been doing it for 30 years. When I had to move as described, he gave me a week off the rent, just offered it off his own bat.

HOLA4423
Guest happy?
I agree. Some BTLers provide an important service. I'm renting with my present LL for 10 years now. He is excellent professional LL. I had to move out of one of his flats because the renter below was mad, and was persecuting me. I was afraid it would end up with one of us in hospital and the other in prison. So LL offered me another flat, more expensive but better quality.

I've just been speaking to him, and I told him I wish I sitll had the other cheaper flat. He is going to see if he can offer me a cheaper flat lkie the one I left. He has hundreds, been doing it for 30 years. When I had to move as described, he gave me a week off the rent, just offered it off his own bat.

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with being a landlord per se, the problem seems to arise where landlords gouge tenants either because they have no sense of human sympathy or where their BTL dream is balanced on a knife-edge and they're forced to act in a nasty way by their desperate financial plight.

Perhaps one way forward would be to require landlords to have a minimum LTV ratio of say 50%. Setting a high LTV value would be in everyone's interests:- fly-by-night BTL would be driven-out, the market would be stable, banks would be certain about the money they lend, and tenants would be better-off because the landlords would be those who understand the business proposition and what sort of return they could expect. The market would be effectively regulated and at minimal intervention/cost to the public purse.

HOLA4424

So, your ambition is to get into even more debt.

F*cking genius.

personally i don't care how much money you claim to have or how you make it. What gets me is passing it off as some sort of skill or business acumen when in reality all you have done is borrow loads of money.

Anyone could have done that in a rapidly rising market.

HOLA4425
Perhaps one way forward would be to require landlords to have a minimum LTV ratio of say 50%. Setting a high LTV value would be in everyone's interests:- fly-by-night BTL would be driven-out, the market would be stable, banks would be certain about the money they lend, and tenants would be better-off because the landlords would be those who understand the business proposition and what sort of return they could expect. The market would be effectively regulated and at minimal intervention/cost to the public purse.

This would adversely affect the Cash on Cash Return and many pros would not invest if that was the case, the only way this would work is if rents went up commensurately.

Edited by Bardon