House Price Crash Forum

One permanent change you'd make to the UK

HOLA441

(as seen on t***ter)

You're in charge for one day, you can force the UK to make one permanent change. What do you do?

For me, give local councils the power/resources (and override restrictions) to build social housing for local residents but with the ability to charge market rents at a small discount.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Total transparency as to how 'money' is created from thin air.

From which, the young might start to understand as to the ways of the corrupt  world......follow the money......as well as the 'money'..... honesty blah, blah,  blah......

HOLA447
27 minutes ago, EnglishinWales said:

NO CITIZENSHIP OR BENEFITS unless you, your parents and all 4 of your grandparents were all born in the UK (including overseas army bases).

People who are currently citizens who do not meet the requirements can have their citizenship changed to Leave to Remain.

25 minutes ago, EnglishinWales said:

Basically whatever gets rid of loads of foreigners.

This is a joke, yes?

HOLA448
HOLA449
1 hour ago, Trampa501 said:

(as seen on t***ter)

You're in charge for one day, you can force the UK to make one permanent change. What do you do?

For me, give local councils the power/resources (and override restrictions) to build social housing for local residents but with the ability to charge market rents at a small discount.

Good call.

I'll take over the following day and enable them to use existing Compulsory Purchase rules to buy up low grade arable and previously developed land for the building of social housing at current market value +10%.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
12 minutes ago, Orb said:

To stop immigration entirely for a generation at least, and reverse much of the unskilled immigration we've already had. 

Yes but immigration is an effect.....mad money printing is the cause...... tptb print it......other people want some.

?

HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, nero120 said:

Sound money. Bring the bi-metallic standard back, debt reigned in and no state bailouts, live within our means at all levels.

But he asked for just one......I thought insane (bent) levels of money printing is the root cause?.......is some fraud money acceptable?  ?

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, EnglishinWales said:

NO CITIZENSHIP OR BENEFITS unless you, your parents and all 4 of your grandparents were all born in the UK (including overseas army bases).

People who are currently citizens who do not meet the requirements can have their citizenship changed to Leave to Remain.

I would perhaps replace that with having to have lived here for five years.

HOLA4416
7 minutes ago, cnick said:

But he asked for just one......I thought insane (bent) levels of money printing is the root cause?.......is some fraud money acceptable?  ?

It IS just one. Fix the money (i.e. make it sound again) and you solve 99% of all the problems.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Legalise all drugs but have the state provide them in pure/safe form and heavily tax and also provide safe settings. 👍

Quite so.......but how would you fund it.......honest or  bent money? .....