House Price Crash Forum

My BTL interest is now 10% and therefore I will have to pay £1,800 interest per month. My rental income was £1,350

HOLA441

https://www.facebook.com/groups/183696635022296/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=6462659117125985

Hi
I had a property for a buy to let via an agency. For the last 2 years they charged me £100 per calendar month. This was in lieu of them collecting the rent and then depositing to my account. They were also responsible for the initial letting out. I live down the road from the property. My BTL interest is now 10% and therefore I will have to pay £1,800 interest per month. My rental income was £1,350 and I have to pay landlord insurance of £50 per month. With these interest rate rises I will now be out of pocket at £600 a month.
My fixed year contract with the agency is coming to an end. I told them I would not like to continue with them getting rent on my behalf as frankly I can’t afford paying them £100 a month. I am still going to be £500 out of pocket a month and so going to be eating in my savings.
The agency have emailed back citing the below clause saying we need to continue paying them as the tenants were brought in by them. They state that the only way out is that we find tenants ourselves. Please see clause below
10.8.4 At the end of the initial fixed term the Term shall continue on a month-by- month basis until either party shall serve on the other a written notice to bring the same to an end. Such notice, when served by the Landlord, should expire not less than two months after the same shall have been served on the Tenant. In the case of a notice served by the Tenant, such notice should expire no less than one month after service of the same on the Landlord.
Kindly note that our fee will continue to be payable while these tenants are still living at the property as per clause 1.1 in the attached terms of business.
1.1 6%, plus vat (7.2% including vat), of the rent for the term of the tenancy, including any extension or
renewal or periodic tenancies.
Is there any way I can stop paying the agency as I am going bankrupt already
Any help appreciated

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Majid Ali

This is a horror story
--------------------------
Anonymous participant
Author
Darren Meehan I have spoken to 2-3 different brokers. They have all quoted the same rate.

Anonymous participant
Author
Scott Horn I can’t because I have been trying to sell the property for the last year at the price I purchased it for 8 years ago as it’s literally not worked out for me and haven’t had any interest.
---------------------
Sam Oussia
Sell it
Anonymous participant
Author
Sam Oussia I’m trying to but literally been on the market for a year and can’t sell it at the price I bought it for
8 years ago.
----
Eddie Katz
You will be out of pocket even more Tax is based on total rental income with only 20% of mortgage amount as a tax credit. Assuming this is not in a limited company.
-----
Anonymous participant
Author
Eddie Katz yes I agree. I really want to sell & get out of this nightmare
----

Some selected juicy comments

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
3 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Majid Ali

This is a horror story
--------------------------
Anonymous participant
Author
Darren Meehan I have spoken to 2-3 different brokers. They have all quoted the same rate.

Anonymous participant
Author
Scott Horn I can’t because I have been trying to sell the property for the last year at the price I purchased it for 8 years ago as it’s literally not worked out for me and haven’t had any interest.
---------------------
Sam Oussia
Sell it
Anonymous participant
Author
Sam Oussia I’m trying to but literally been on the market for a year and can’t sell it at the price I bought it for
8 years ago.
----
Eddie Katz
You will be out of pocket even more Tax is based on total rental income with only 20% of mortgage amount as a tax credit. Assuming this is not in a limited company.
-----
Anonymous participant
Author
Eddie Katz yes I agree. I really want to sell & get out of this nightmare
----

Some selected juicy comments

"Can't sell it at the price I bought it for".

What's that got to do with anything?.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Just now, wighty said:

"Can't sell it at the price I bought it for".

What's that got to do with anything?.

a number below which if you sell it for you have been foolish

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 minute ago, wighty said:

It's just as foolish to continue to lose money on a depreciating asset.

amateurs take time to work this out

HOLA4422
Just now, Lagarde's Drift said:

Maybe needs to sell at cost price cos... shiver.... IO mortgage with no deposit???

Do the sums.

Price set by 4% IO mortgage is about 2x the price of a repayment mortgage at 6%.

Or, ifyou like, price set by a repayment mortgage at 6% is half the price of an IO mortgage at 4%.

Still, look on the brightside. No cgt.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Just now, spyguy said:

Do the sums.

Price set by 4% IO mortgage is about 2x the price of a repayment mortgage at 6%.

Or, ifyou like, price set by a repayment mortgage at 6% is half the price of an IO mortgage at 4%.

Still, look on the brightside. No cgt.

But but MR SPY!! it's me PENSION innit!!!!!!

It's times like this I feel we need Eric with his colourful letterings.

HOLA4425