HOLA441
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
2 hours ago, Postman said:

What a gift for Labour 

It’s not. The SNP will still be dominant as they are the only big party that stand for independence. Well, pretend to stand for it.

The yes vote has remained at around 47% less the ‘don’t knows’ for many years now and a huge proportion of them will never ever vote for labour until they support another Indy ref.

HOLA443
1 minute ago, Pmax2020 said:

It’s not. The SNP will still be dominant as they are the only big party that stand for independence. Well, pretend to stand for it.

The yes vote has remained at around 47% less the ‘don’t knows’ for many years now and a huge proportion of them will never ever vote for labour until they support another Indy ref.

That’s pre trans nonsense thinking.

30k and counting lost from the party. Absolutely shocking nonsense from the gayest parliament in Western Europe. The most out of touch loonies from mainstream Scottish thinking. It’s a bust for these idiots.

HOLA444
7 minutes ago, PalmerEldritch said:

30k and counting lost from the party. Absolutely shocking nonsense from the gayest parliament in Western Europe. The most out of touch loonies from mainstream Scottish thinking. It’s a bust for these idiots.

The SNP will take a bit of a hit because a very small minority of nationalists like myself see that party for what they are. They’ve done zero to progress the independence debate, let alone the second vote they constantly lie about wanting. 

Both Ash Regan and Kate Forbes spoke of untethering the debate from the SNP, making it more inclusive of other Yes supporting parties. That’s become the only tangible way for Scotland to have a second referendum. 

Despite that though, I just can’t see labour reducing the massive deficit they have up here when they continue to deny a democratic vote on our future. It’s not like support for independence up here is only 20 or 30%. It’s been on a knife edge for almost a decade now.

HOLA445
2 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

The SNP will take a bit of a hit because a very small minority of nationalists like myself see that party for what they are. They’ve done zero to progress the independence debate, let alone the second vote they constantly lie about wanting. 

Both Ash Regan and Kate Forbes spoke of untethering the debate from the SNP, making it more inclusive of other Yes supporting parties. That’s become the only tangible way for Scotland to have a second referendum. 

Despite that though, I just can’t see labour reducing the massive deficit they have up here when they continue to deny a democratic vote on our future. It’s not like support for independence up here is only 20 or 30%. It’s been on a knife edge for almost a decade now.

Knife edge on general polling.

As with the actual referendum the silent majority are way beyond pissed off with being captured into the nonsense. SNP have blown it completely. Labour will likely win several seats next year. Bunch of loonies not in touch with general population and also incompetent. Health, transport, drugs, education all a disaster under their watch.

HOLA446
2 hours ago, reddog said:

They must have a pretty strong tip off to go in like that.

If they buried cash, that must be a pretty strong vote of confidence in £ sterling, or maybe they were too dumb to realise that if you bury cash it deprecates in purchasing power, or maybe they haven't buried anything.

Should have bought in zone 3

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 minute ago, PalmerEldritch said:

Knife edge on general polling.

As with the actual referendum the silent majority are way beyond pissed off with being captured into the nonsense. SNP have blown it completely. Labour will likely win several seats next year. Bunch of loonies not in touch with general population and also incompetent. Health, transport, drugs, education all a disaster under their watch.

Interestingly there were several polls right up until the final days of Sturgeons notice period that showed the SNP had effectively lost zero support as a result of the divisive gender bill.

Today is of course more damaging but you have to accept that in the same way you have millions of pro-Tory/Boris loonns in England, you equally have hundreds of thousands of nationalists that only see the SNP as being the party to deliver that. 

HOLA449
4 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

Interestingly there were several polls right up until the final days of Sturgeons notice period that showed the SNP had effectively lost zero support as a result of the divisive gender bill.

Today is of course more damaging but you have to accept that in the same way you have millions of pro-Tory/Boris loonns in England, you equally have hundreds of thousands of nationalists that only see the SNP as being the party to deliver that. 

Not what I’m seeing on the ground but whatever.

From what I hear they are done and dusted now. Probably the most racist place in the world and they’ve just voted in a minority leader who is known for failure in post as well as angry outbursts which turn neutrals off when he’s in the public eye.

Like I said they are completely done now. Missed any opportunity they ever had through their own incompetence and failure to sell indie dream to possible converts (no explanation of currency, central bank, rejoining EU etc.)

HOLA4410

He’s been released without charge.

Disappointingly he didn’t stand outside the police station and shout “They will never take my FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!”

Missed opportunity IMHO.

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, Pmax2020 said:

I didn't really follow the 'divisive gender bill'  - but... I wonder... might there be a connection between what's happening now and the motivation to push through the controversial legislation?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
2 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

The Telegraph has just published at article with the precise postcode for Nicola Sturgeon’s home address in the corner of a picture. Most bizarre - hopefully they will correct and remove that.

She’s been pictured outside the house so many times it’s really not difficult to find it if you throw the street view man down a few times in the rough area that’s been reported in the press.

HOLA4414
7 hours ago, Will! said:

He’s been released without charge.

Disappointingly he didn’t stand outside the police station and shout “They will never take my FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!”

Missed opportunity IMHO.

Braveheart 2?

"Angry men in skirts who no longer identify as men". 

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew

HOLA4415

Telegraph reporting that the SNP accounts had "£80k spent on motor vehicles" be interesting to see what kind?

also he lent £100k of his own Money to the SNP, interest free, to "facilitate cash flow". The only reason I can see to do that is to delay fraud being uncovered.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4416
11 hours ago, PalmerEldritch said:

From what I hear they are done and dusted now. Probably the most racist place in the world and they’ve just voted in a minority leader who is known for failure in post as well as angry outbursts which turn neutrals off when he’s in the public eye.

Like I said they are completely done now. Missed any opportunity they ever had through their own incompetence and failure to sell indie dream to possible converts (no explanation of currency, central bank, rejoining EU etc.)

Never realistic in the first place.

A lot of Scot's simply rode the wave as a glorified hustle to wrangle more from the English tax payer knowing p1ss weak politicians would just buy their way out of the problem, the real threat of going independent was simply always hollowed. 

The SNP always knew this but the independent fundamentalists simply run out of patience once the wave had hit the rocks. 

HOLA4417

Just for perspective, most English people live and work nearer to Paris than Glasgow and Edinburgh,  Realistically what happens in Paris will have more bearing on them financially, if not emotionally.  Most English people probably go months / years without thinking about Scottish politics, or even Scotland.

This is not a personal view of Scotland BTW, its incredibly beautiful with thoughtful, kind, generous (yes, really) residents in my experience, but if most people stopped on an English High St struggle to identify a member of the cabinet other than the PM, do you honestly believe they will know anything about Scottish politics?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
17 hours ago, PalmerEldritch said:

Oh Riley? Remind me again, does Starmer think all women have a p%nis?

The (well advertised) skeletons are falling out of Sturgeons closet, although all this nonsense about them digging up the garden was exactly that. Some of the Salmond supporters would have us believe that Sturgeon and Murrell are Scotland's Fred and Rose tho!

This appears to be about the £600k raised for the next independence effort, where has it gone? I'm guessing the defence will be it was spent on the SNP election campaign as, without an SNP government there would be no way Indyref2 would even be discussed.

The contributors to that fund that were disillusioned over the Salmond affair have raised it with Police Scotland but, unless they can specifically find evidence of funds being siphoned off to personal accounts, I think they're going to be disappointed!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
21 hours ago, PalmerEldritch said:

I’m sorry but you’ve lost your mind if you believe that.

The majority of votes cast in Holyrood in 2021 were for pro-independence parties. If you seriously think people in their masses will vote for the staunchly unionist Tories or Labour then you’re crazy.

I could’ve maybe seen Labour putting up a decent fight if Sturgeon/Murrell did a Boris and fought for their political lives, but that’s not happening. 

I still believe the 600k is a red herring - the inside story was always not that they spent it, but that they were forced to give it back but continued to lie about having it. There may be other elements of their accounts that require investigating, but I don’t think any of this will come back to Sturgeon.

Unfortunately it’s the people of Scotland will be the victims of a crime here. One where the SNP will continue to dominate Scottish politics on the fraudulent claim that they will progress the independence debate. 

HOLA4422
13 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

I’m sorry but you’ve lost your mind if you believe that.

The majority of votes cast in Holyrood in 2021 were for pro-independence parties. If you seriously think people in their masses will vote for the staunchly unionist Tories or Labour then you’re crazy.

I could’ve maybe seen Labour putting up a decent fight if Sturgeon/Murrell did a Boris and fought for their political lives, but that’s not happening. 

I still believe the 600k is a red herring - the inside story was always not that they spent it, but that they were forced to give it back but continued to lie about having it. There may be other elements of their accounts that require investigating, but I don’t think any of this will come back to Sturgeon.

Unfortunately it’s the people of Scotland will be the victims of a crime here. One where the SNP will continue to dominate Scottish politics on the fraudulent claim that they will progress the independence debate. 

Disagree but whatever.

Just judging by regular chat and a growing discontent from people I talk to.

Humza is a very unlikeable chap and that combined with the alleged serious failures of Sturgeon’s family connections, NHS, ferries etc it’s all downhill from here.

Hope so because indie is a pipe dream without serious policy and they’ve never been able answer the questions on economy etc.

HOLA4423
14 minutes ago, PalmerEldritch said:

Disagree but whatever.

Just judging by regular chat and a growing discontent from people I talk to.

Humza is a very unlikeable chap and that combined with the alleged serious failures of Sturgeon’s family connections, NHS, ferries etc it’s all downhill from here.

Hope so because indie is a pipe dream without serious policy and they’ve never been able answer the questions on economy etc.

*sigh* Which coutry that gained their independence were able to "answer the questions on economy etc"? Which country that gained it's independence has decided it didn't want it after all?

The hard line SNP voters won't care about the Sturgeon/Murrell stramash, and judging by his performance at FMQ's, I can see Humza stepping up to the plate quite nicely going forward. Those that support independence and are asking questions about this, and the gender stuff etc, will be faced with a choice. If not the SNP for indy then who? Most will probably drift to Alba or the Greens as a protest, not labour or the tories.

HOLA4424
4 minutes ago, AThirdWay said:

*sigh* Which coutry that gained their independence were able to "answer the questions on economy etc"? Which country that gained it's independence has decided it didn't want it after all?

The hard line SNP voters won't care about the Sturgeon/Murrell stramash, and judging by his performance at FMQ's, I can see Humza stepping up to the plate quite nicely going forward. Those that support independence and are asking questions about this, and the gender stuff etc, will be faced with a choice. If not the SNP for indy then who? Most will probably drift to Alba or the Greens as a protest, not labour or the tories.

Jesus really?

You expect an intelligent person to vote for something that isn’t fully planned out? You expect someone with a large mortgage to vote for something where the SNP can’t seriously tell them what currency or interest rate their liability will be afterwards.

You expect business people to vote for complete uncertainty?

It’s a nonsense without proper answers and *sigh* none of those answers have ever been forthcoming.

HOLA4425
17 minutes ago, AThirdWay said:

Which country became independent when public opinion was roughly 50:50 on independence?