PeanutButter

Have you had a CV vaccine?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had a CV vaccine?

• Yes
    • No

HOLA441
5 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Okay so why not let the queue be virtua? i.e. let a vaccination centre log those interested in joining a list of quick notice people who are available and happy to drop by the centre when phoned at the end of the day. You are assuming that the queue has to be physical.

It's a good idea. Aside from the fact that in order to implement that you would probably need a government IT project.

Thing is, that sort of virtual queuing would be useful for this and maybe many other things in the future. For example it could be useful for unused tickets at sporting events. So maybe it would be worth implementing. Doubt whether you would get it ready in time for this though.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
1 minute ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

It's a good idea. Aside from the fact that in order to implement that you would probably need a government IT project.

Thing is, that sort of virtual queuing would be useful for this and maybe many other things in the future. For example it could be useful for unused tickets at sporting events. So maybe it would be worth implementing. Doubt whether you would get it ready in time for this though.

I don't believe that it would require another project. How are they tracking the current queue jumping grifters? Anyone who is being currently vaccinated must be being logged somewhere already. All that is required is an Excel spreadsheet to log those registering their interest in turning up at their local centre for short-notice vaccination. 

HOLA443
8 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I don't believe that it would require another project. How are they tracking the current queue jumping grifters? Anyone who is being currently vaccinated must be being logged somewhere already. All that is required is an Excel spreadsheet to log those registering their interest in turning up at their local centre for short-notice vaccination. 

Famous last words in IT projects :

"All you need is ..."

HOLA444
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

You obey the rules of the tribe or you're kicked out or worse. That's just life I'm afraid.

In less than 1% of human history has slavery been disallowed and in fact in some parts of the world, it is still enthusiastically practiced.

Should Christians have shrugged their shoulders and accepted slavery as "just life"?

HOLA445
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

You obey the rules of the tribe or you're kicked out or worse. That's just life I'm afraid.

In less than 1% of human history has slavery been disallowed and in fact in some parts of the world, it is still enthusiastically practiced.

Should Christians have shrugged their shoulders and accepted slavery as "just life"?

HOLA446
19 minutes ago, Locke said:

The UK, notoriously. We call it the gig economy.

20 minutes ago, Locke said:

Christers have been enthusiastic slavers too. And genocidal murderers, rapists, colonialist exploiters etc.

Some of the worst people who've ever lived have been practising Christians.

HOLA447
4 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

The UK, notoriously. We call it the gig economy.

Christers have been enthusiastic slavers too. And genocidal murderers, rapists, colonialist exploiters etc.

Some of the worst people who've ever lived have been practising Christians.

So would you say that cycling around with a Katsu curry on your back is comparable to the experience of a plantation slave in the Deep South? Seems kind of racist to me.

HOLA448
20 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

I’m honestly surprised @longgoneisnt flogging black market jabs to us right now :D 

Nah not worth it anyone who is anyone could get the jab easy peasy.  even bed wetting little englanders. 

i guess the salty non jabbers will just have to wait their turn like the other ordinary run of the mill plebs. 

HOLA449
22 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Not forgetting the queue jumping grifters. Doesn't surprise me to hear that you managed to weasel yourself a jab. 🙄

your saltyness has no bounds. 

The suns out you should go for a walk and mingle its safe now.  

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, longgone said:

Nah not worth it anyone who is anyone could get the jab easy peasy.  even bed wetting little englanders. 

i guess the salty non jabbers will just have to wait their turn like the other ordinary run of the mill plebs. 

Didn't realise unemployable stay-at-home mammies boys were anyone. Learn something new ever day I guess.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
15 minutes ago, longgone said:

🤣

well you learnt i had the jab already, so i tend to agree. 

So while others are busy working to pay down your bennies you have been hanging around your local GP desperate to jump the queue and take away a jab from someone who would be a priority.

Now we know why you've not been on here for a while. 🤣

HOLA4415
Just now, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

So while others are busy working to pay down your bennies you have been hanging around your local GP desperate to jump the queue and take away a jab from someone who would be a priority.

I fail to see how you would be priority. 

My GP serves little Englanders first. 

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, Locke said:

There isn't really an objective truth.

I'd support making, for example, measles vaccines mandatory because I'm protective over my children. You probably feel differently, as is your right. But as always, the mob rules.

As with brexit, you voted for it and I believe you have harmed myself and my family by doing so. I'm not equating it to slavery or anything but I have no choice but to live with the decision of you and your mob.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

To be fair, if you are under 50 the chance of you dying from covid is pretty small, something like 2% of 3% IIRC ?

And my guess is that if you have no co-morbitities it is probably a lot smaller.

Are you bloated up from all the wine and cheese ?

HOLA4418
Just now, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

To be fair, if you are under 50 the chance of you dying from covid is pretty small, something like 2% of 3% IIRC ?

And my guess is that if you have no co-morbitities it is probably a lot smaller.

Are you bloated up from all the wine and cheese ?

No I'm under 50 but asthmatic. The obese have been vaccinated. Apparently they are priority. 

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

No I'm under 50 but asthmatic. The obese have been vaccinated. Apparently they are priority. 

I would have thought that if your doctor thought it was appropriate they would have put you down.

Have you checked with them in case they missed it ? if you give them a ring and say you're worried because of the asthma and they have already put out requests for all their over 50s you may find that they will sort you out.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
29 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

I would have thought that if your doctor thought it was appropriate they would have put you down.

Have you checked with them in case they missed it ? if you give them a ring and say you're worried because of the asthma and they have already put out requests for all their over 50s you may find that they will sort you out.

The issue is I just moved GP surgery as all this kicked off so think I'm lost in limbo because they didn't contact me for the flu jab either despite my previous surgery always being on top of things. I eventually had to phone them about the flu jab last November, and I've phoned them again last week about the Covid jab, however they told me to wait for a letter. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

The issue is I just moved GP surgery as all this kicked off so think I'm lost in limbo because they didn't contact me for the flu jab either despite my previous surgery always being on top of things. I eventually had to phone them about the flu jab last November, and I've phoned them again last week about the Covid jab, however they told me to wait for a letter. 

Different GPs/Health centres seem to be having different levels of coming up to speed. I registered with a new place back in January, did it all online, no phone calls etc. didn't get a letter but a text with a booking link. Why are they farting about with letters?

HOLA4424
18 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

They sound a bit strange.

I moved GPs literally about 4 weeks ago. They took my forms, registered me and sent me a link into their system within a week of taking my forms in. I was worried about getting the nudge, but it all got sorted automatically and I got to book up via a special queuing system within 1 week.

Funny thing is the NHS vaccination website doesn't even recognise my NHS number, although FindMyNHSNumber gets it just fine.

My guess is the NHS website uses your DOB as a cutoff. But you might consider trying it and seeing what happens.

HOLA4425
4 hours ago, Locke said:

Dont worry, within 10 years, all those not living in Bitcoin Citadels will be our new serfs, you just need time to adjust. 

Archived