PeanutButter

Have you had a CV vaccine?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had a CV vaccine?

• Yes
    • No

HOLA441
40 minutes ago, smash said:

Different GPs/Health centres seem to be having different levels of coming up to speed. I registered with a new place back in January, did it all online, no phone calls etc. didn't get a letter but a text with a booking link. Why are they farting about with letters?

No idea but I'm not impressed and regret moving now if I am going to have to keep chasing them up for standard issues. I don't usually go to the doctors and have not even met any new doctor from that surgery. I've only attended once to see the nurse to get the flu jab which I chased up. Maybe they are short of supply. 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
28 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

They sound a bit strange.

I moved GPs literally about 4 weeks ago. They took my forms, registered me and sent me a link into their system within a week of taking my forms in. I was worried about getting the nudge, but it all got sorted automatically and I got to book up via a special queuing system within 1 week.

Funny thing is the NHS vaccination website doesn't even recognise my NHS number, although FindMyNHSNumber gets it just fine.

My guess is the NHS website uses your DOB as a cutoff. But you might consider trying it and seeing what happens.

They appear to be very old school boomer focused if you ask me. 

Which NHS vanccination website did you look up with your NHS number? I could try that. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
3 hours ago, markyh said:

Dont worry, within 10 years, all those not living in Bitcoin Citadels will be our new serfs, you just need time to adjust. 

I previously suggested you vaccinate your own children as soon as this is possible but can't recall an answer from you. If, for your protection, you want to only be around other vaccinated people while you are at the pub, it is simple logic that you should want the people you actually live with to be also vaccinated.

If this is anything to go by, eventually you might not have to think for yourself anyway as your children wont be allowed to do much unless they have been genetically engineered too. Here's a juvenile name calling article with characterizations designed for simpletons with words like "way cool" and forgets to mention the adenovirus is from a chimpanzee...

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/blog/2020/12/yes-some-covid-vaccines-use-genetic-engineering-get-over-it/

HOLA446
9 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

I previously suggested you vaccinate your own children as soon as this is possible but can't recall an answer from you. If, for your protection, you want to only be around other vaccinated people while you are at the pub, it is simple logic that you should want the people you actually live with to be also vaccinated.

If this is anything to go by, eventually you might not have to think for yourself anyway as your children wont be allowed to do much unless they have been genetically engineered too. Here's a juvenile name calling article with characterizations designed for simpletons with words like "way cool" and forgets to mention the adenovirus is from a chimpanzee...

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/blog/2020/12/yes-some-covid-vaccines-use-genetic-engineering-get-over-it/

My kids are middle class, and like "nits" , cant catch anything from school. Every parent knows stuff spread around school all comes from poor kids. Yesh. 

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, nightowl said:

On the subject of kids, the manic Street Preachers has a song "if you tolerate this, you kids will next" and it appears so....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/explained/will-children-get-a-covid-19-vaccine/

Were told it's safe for teachers to return to work as kids don't pose a CV threat.... but now do🤨

Tolerate what? Vaccinations programs going back 100 years?

Oh yeah really scarey stuff. 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

Perhaps we need a separate poll: Have you ever been vaccinated for anything? :D

Gen X , The Greatest Generation, had pretty much everything going, most as a kid. BCG, measles, polio, tetnus, yellow fever, and now Covid.   Even my kids born in the 21st century have had BCG too as mum was African, and both kids had MMR, eldest kid also has had Yellow Fever too. 

HOLA4413
4 minutes ago, markyh said:

Gen X , The Greatest Generation, had pretty much everything going, most as a kid. BCG, measles, polio, tetnus, yellow fever, and now Covid.   Even my kids born in the 21st century have had BCG too as mum was African, and both kids had MMR, eldest kid also has had Yellow Fever too. 

Whooping cough and smallpox are not typical for gen X.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
15 minutes ago, markyh said:

I think you are in the sweetspot between GenX and Boomer. If you went to uni you will have had all the perks and if you started work early enough enrolled into a final salary scheme. I'm GenX but missed out on them. 

HOLA4416
11 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Whooping cough and smallpox are not typical for gen X.

Dont think i hap whooping cough but pretty sure i had smallpox too(born late 60's).  I have the tell tell small pox circular scar about 1/2" in diameter on the underside of my left arm between bicep and armpit.  Like a circular ring of 20+ needle pricks. 

HOLA4417
5 hours ago, nightowl said:

On the subject of kids, the manic Street Preachers has a song "if you tolerate this, you kids will next" and it appears so....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/explained/will-children-get-a-covid-19-vaccine/

Were told it's safe for teachers to return to work as kids don't pose a CV threat.... but now do🤨

Since when did being offered a vaccine, at no charge at the point of use, become something I had to "tolerate".  I guess I can chalk it up alongside "tolerating" being provided with clean, fresh water direct to my house.

And there is no change in the "threat" posed by children - that's a lie you have made up.  Nobody pretends it's 100% "safe" for anyone at work during COVID, including teachers - that's a lie you've made up.  Everything is a risk/return trade off.  Everyone states clearly that this lockdown ending will result in increased infections, of course it will, because more human contact = more infections.

And finally, this is a TRIAL to SEE WHETHER IT HELPS to vaccinate children.  If it doesn't, it won't continue.

You try, and you lie, to find conspiracy.. Just stop it.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Problem is that the more people that appear to get safely vaccinated, the more nuts the anti vaxx claims are going to look (and will get).

It's like conspiracy theorists, you can always expand the conspiracy to take into account new evidence. It offers the luxury of never being wrong (unless you catch covid and die from it of course).

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Just now, Bruce Banner said:

Those who want to be vaccinated will be vaccinated, those who don't, won't. No point in throwing buns at each other as one side is unlikely to convert the other. 

It is, or was, a free country.

Indeed.  AND the whole vaccine thing will be a good test of that in the months and years ahead IF we start to see more and more actions taken to de facto force people into having a jab.

HOLA4422
22 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Oh dear god. Here he goes again......

You must be a barrel of laughs to know in person or have as a work colleague, neighbour or whatever.

If I see some entitled grifter jumping the queue I’ll call it out for what it is. No surprises to discover that you’re against fairness and civility. People like you would kick and scramble to be first into the lifeboats on the Titanic. 

HOLA4423
Just now, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

If I see some entitled grifter jumping the queue I’ll call it out for what it is. No surprises to discover that you’re against fairness and civility. 

No I AM not.  I just don't get anywhere near as 'hot under the collar' and 'preachy' about it as you seem to!

HOLA4424
3 minutes ago, anonguest said:

No I AM not.  I just don't get anywhere near as 'hot under the collar' and 'preachy' about it as you seem to!

I know good people who have died of Covid. If I want to get all hot under the collar and preachy at entitled grifters jumping the queue over others more needing I’ll bloody well call it out. 

HOLA4425

Archived