House Price Crash Forum

Have you had a CV vaccine?

Have you had a CV vaccine?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had a CV vaccine?

• Yes
    • No

I was not prepared for the severe reaction I had to the AZ vaccine. It's been 2 weeks for me now. Filled in a yellow card report online

Have medical condition which could be accounting for that. Online survey in my patient group shows Pf vaccine has less severe and long term side effects for us so far but more data on 2nd Jan needed.

My husband was fine however co-workers finding it can take them a week to recover with AZ.

This is something that maybe needs to be considered for the future. Having people out of action regularly with booster jabs needed would be inefficient. Hope people filling in yellow cards if the reaction means they can't do their job or is long term severe.

Edited by Flopsy
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Flopsy said:

I was not prepared for the severe reaction I had to the AZ vaccine. It's been 2 weeks for me now. Filled in a yellow card report online.

My husband was fine however co-workers finding it can take them a week to recover.

This is something that maybe needs to be considered for the future. Hope people filling in yellow cards if the reaction means they can't do their job.

My wife was lucky, she had no reaction whatsoever. 

36 minutes ago, Flopsy said:

I was not prepared for the severe reaction I had to the AZ vaccine. It's been 2 weeks for me now. Filled in a yellow card report online

Well that sucks. Perhaps the reaction for boosters would be less?

1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

So why when I phoned my GP I was told to wait for a letter? Why didn’t they advise that I pop down to my local friendly vaccination centre at the end of the day? I’m sure those nurses vaccinating people are more than happy to be swamped at 5pm each day with queue jumpers. 

I never had a letter, it was a text message inviting me to sign up via a weblink. Is your GP still in the 20th century? 

9 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Looks like. Which priority group were you in? 

9 , early 50’s, got text 10 days ago, had AZ jab on thursday. Flu like aches and pains, slept a lot, feel better today but still a bit rough, maybe 80%. 

2 hours ago, kzb said:

I had AZ 1st injection five weeks ago.   My wife got hers yesterday.

To those who have not had it yet, I think they are down-playing the effects.   I was quite poorly for several days after and my wife told me this morning all services are suspended and she is not getting out of bed.  But we still think people should have it and we'll be getting our 2nd doses when available.

I think it just depends on your body. I had the AZ jab 5 days ago, with absolutely no side effects. Others I know had symptoms ranging from a mild headache to (quote) "feeling crap for a day or two". None with anything severe reaction-wise.

14 minutes ago, dpg50000 said:

to (quote) "feeling crap for a day or two". None with anything severe reaction-wise.

That’s me, had the AZ jab 9.40am on thursday, still only 80%. Nothing debilitating though. 

It seems HPC has an older profile than I expected.

I'm not old enough to qualify for any jabs (yet) anyway, but I know oldies who had them with no side effects (mixture of Az and Pf) and one 40yo friend of Mrs N who ended up in A&E😮 but which spooked Mrs N out somewhat😲

Neighbours in their 50s just got Az but no huge side effects.

2 hours ago, markyh said:

9 , early 50’s, got text 10 days ago, had AZ jab on thursday. Flu like aches and pains, slept a lot, feel better today but still a bit rough, maybe 80%. 

Lucky you got in just before the supply constraints. I'll be lucky to get mine in May, especially with all these queue jumpers. 

2 hours ago, dpg50000 said:

I think it just depends on your body. I had the AZ jab 5 days ago, with absolutely no side effects. Others I know had symptoms ranging from a mild headache to (quote) "feeling crap for a day or two". None with anything severe reaction-wise.

I was feeling crap for a few days; it didn't stop me doing anything.  However I do know a couple of people who were in bed for a week.  The missus has finally got up now at 5pm but she is lying on the sofa being dramatic.  She had a very high temperature earlier, like a giant hot water bottle.  This is all very well as a one-off but you wonder if people will want this every year with the boosters.

4 minutes ago, kzb said:

I was feeling crap for a few days; it didn't stop me doing anything.  However I do know a couple of people who were in bed for a week.  The missus has finally got up now at 5pm but she is lying on the sofa being dramatic.  She had a very high temperature earlier, like a giant hot water bottle.  This is all very well as a one-off but you wonder if people will want this every year with the boosters.

Was this first jab presumably? Any plans for another or have either of you been deterred now?

1 hour ago, nightowl said:

It seems HPC has an older profile than I expected.

I'm not old enough to qualify for any jabs (yet) anyway, but I know oldies who had them with no side effects (mixture of Az and Pf) and one 40yo friend of Mrs N who ended up in A&E😮 but which spooked Mrs N out somewhat😲

Neighbours in their 50s just got Az but no huge side effects.

I retired in 2008.

5 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

I was 40 when I first used the site expecting a correction any day😄

lol, i was 36, and no kids with 1 on the way, now in my 50's, made my own decisions pretty quick once prices didn't "correct" up to 2007. 

16 minutes ago, markyh said:

lol, i was 36, and no kids with 1 on the way, now in my 50's, made my own decisions pretty quick once prices didn't "correct" up to 2007. 

What year did you buy in?

2 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Well will you look at that. It seems to be very far from okay just to waddle up at a vaccination centre at the end of day begging for a left-over one. As I said, it's queue jumping. Nothing else but queue jumping.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/people-turning-up-centre-asking-19742322

Better to use a dose than have it go to waste.

2 minutes ago, Will! said:

Better to use a dose than have it go to waste.

Did you read the article? Vaccination centres have lists of priority people to contact should some be left-over. Not for some entitled queue jumper rocking up at 5pm begging to be vaccinated. Anyone who has queue jumped should be fined. 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

GP practice facing investigation into how it used up leftover Covid vaccine

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/gp-practice-facing-investigation-into-how-it-used-up-leftover-covid-vaccine/?cmpredirect

It comes as NHS England last week updated its guidance to confirm that coronavirus vaccines should not be given to patients outside eligible cohorts.