House Price Crash Forum

Record channel migration- 235 in one day

HOLA441
1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

If I was the French I would charter boats for those seeking asylum to the UK so that they get here safely. That would help the UK government who are currently worried about their safety. It would also break the business model of traffickers (which they claim they want to address)

Encouraging the French government to behave in a way similar to Lukashenko’s Belarus would, in my opinion, be unlikely to ease tensions…. Might save some lives though!

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
58 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

I know a lot more people who would disagree, so I win. Are you happy now?

Would they !

So it is all about Race is that what your saying ? White people are not ok with it while people with Brown faces are ok with it ? Bit Racial Divide stuff your peddling there. 

HOLA443
14 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

That is ok don't you think it is better not to insult people?

I don't think the UK is obliged to give people who come via France asylum.

My understanding is that asylum seekers can claim asylum wherever they want.

However putting that one side I would give them a 5 year right to stay which would not lead to permanent status unless they become net tax payers.

I don't think it should take 5 years for them to be procesed. Where would you send them to if they did not become net tax payers? I don't think the right to asylum comes with such strings attached. I think that most would want to contribute so I don't think most would have a problem with that per say.

They would lose this if

a) they go home on holiday

b) they are found to have lied to get asylum

c) they get a prison sentence of more than x months (l am open to what x should be)

d) They join groups like the KKK, Al Muhajiroun etc.

The right to stay would be renewable depending on things which are happening in their country.

I don't necessarily disagree with the above.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
30 minutes ago, 14stFlyer said:

Encouraging the French government to behave in a way similar to Lukashenko’s Belarus would, in my opinion, be unlikely to ease tensions…. Might save some lives though!

Togue in cheek was that. But it would save lives and meet the stated objective of our government. The unstated one being 'we'd rather they did not come here or can we send them back to the French please'.

HOLA447
15 minutes ago, Insane said:

Would they !

So it is all about Race is that what your saying ? White people are not ok with it while people with Brown faces are ok with it ? Bit Racial Divide stuff your peddling there. 

I said I know some people, I did not stipulate what colour they were. You made that jump not me. So it is you peddling the racial divide thing, not me.

HOLA448
11 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

They can claim wherever they want but I don't think we are obliged to give them it.

And we are not obliged to give them asylum. We have to follow a judicial process and that is what we do. If they pass then they are given asylum, if they fail then they are not.

That's not new. You still seem to have a beef. What's is it?

HOLA449
50 minutes ago, 14stFlyer said:

If the french govt hired french craft to ferry people into uk territorial waters without that coastguards permission that would be an act of war surely? 

alternatively we could ferry all those north africans who want to move to spain to gibraltar and let them loose at the boder. I mean where ia all rhis headiing ffs.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
7 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

They can claim wherever they want but I don't think we are obliged to give them it.

Come on then, prove your are a law abiding human with compassion. Condemn the poster that wanted to sink immigrants in the channel. I'm sure you can do that.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4413
34 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Come on then, prove your are a law abiding human with compassion. Condemn the poster that wanted to sink immigrants in the channel. I'm sure you can do that.

I will condemn that Absolutely. But the poster we are talking about did not say that he was debating the situation so you produced the Race Card.  

HOLA4414
8 hours ago, IMHAL said:

Could you please show me the post that I am meant to condemn?  After all as you said "innocent until proved guilty."

HOLA4415
23 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

Tell us more

From a low level.. 

In short, applicants are advised by lawyers, you get some who pay 000’s to be coached by non lawyers on navigating the various laws and processes which are essentially flow charts dependent on your type of asylum claim over here, there are various countries with different things an asylum seeker can claim for, you just have to know them and some background around the country you claim you are from.. If their case is turning shit they can say in the middle of their interview oh sorry I’m lying and everything has to be struck off the record and a fresh interview prepared.. If they are rejected asylum from a certain regressive country under one claim they can claim for example they are gay and would be killed and then the whole process starts again. Approx 12k to kick someone out after rejection, the flight is paid for. Regular occurrences of people in there with expensive jewellery and still trying to claim support but jewellery, 50k watches and LV bags aren’t considered assets. Ex home office employees leave to coach asylum seekers either in this country or abroad. Home office employees regularly talk and leak things to the press as we know. Legally speaking the interviewers have no jurisdiction if they can tell an applicant is lying or contravenes statements they have to re ask the question and accept whatever answer, they are simply a human flow chart, providing the applicant gives the correct answer, lying or not, they’re good. This is just off the top of my head if I sat and properly thought I’d probably have specific cases and stories come to mind.   

Ah one man from Kurdistan claimed he was 15 .. Unless he has anything to disprove his age, it’s taken as that. I asked them to pull up his file, he looked late 20s at least. 

Some have been here over 10 years navigating the process. 

I’ve seen some of the hmos from the financing side and to be fair they are a bit shitty but a lot of them complain and get rehoused quite easily. They get their support and are free to roam. 

Process wise they are terrible, a lot of case files are still paper based and as they are short staffed they are genuinely paying claims handlers to scan documents in and organise them on the db which looks like a program ported from windows 2000. I checked and it’s from early 2k i think (don’t quote that part) .. 

The only thing good about the home office - asylum claims is that their head is from the private sector. 

Edited by Money Frugality

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

Could you please show me the post that I am meant to condemn?  After all as you said "innocent until proved guilty."

On 07/08/2020 at 14:17, longgone said:

The french know they will be stuck with them soon so turn a blind eye when the dingy`s leave. ?

personally i would just sink them mid way. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Money Frugality said:

From a low level.. 

In short, applicants are advised by lawyers, you get some who pay 000’s to be coached by non lawyers on navigating the various laws and processes which are essentially flow charts dependent on your type of asylum claim over here, there are various countries with different things an asylum seeker can claim for, you just have to know them and some background around the country you claim you are from.. If their case is turning shit they can say in the middle of their interview oh sorry I’m lying and everything has to be struck off the record and a fresh interview prepared.. If they are rejected asylum from a certain regressive country under one claim they can claim for example they are gay and would be killed and then the whole process starts again. Approx 12k to kick someone out after rejection, the flight is paid for. Regular occurrences of people in there with expensive jewellery and still trying to claim support but jewellery, 50k watches and LV bags aren’t considered assets. Ex home office employees leave to coach asylum seekers either in this country or abroad. Home office employees regularly talk and leak things to the press as we know. Legally speaking the interviewers have no jurisdiction if they can tell an applicant is lying or contravenes statements they have to re ask the question and accept whatever answer, they are simply a human flow chart, providing the applicant gives the correct answer, lying or not, they’re good. This is just off the top of my head if I sat and properly thought I’d probably have specific cases and stories come to mind.   

Ah one man from Kurdistan claimed he was 15 .. Unless he has anything to disprove his age, it’s taken as that. I asked them to pull up his file, he looked late 20s at least. 

Some have been here over 10 years navigating the process. 

I’ve seen some of the hmos from the financing side and to be fair they are a bit shitty but a lot of them complain and get rehoused quite easily. They get their support and are free to roam. 

Process wise they are terrible, a lot of case files are still paper based and as they are short staffed they are genuinely paying claims handlers to scan documents in and organise them on the db which looks like a program ported from windows 2000. I checked and it’s from early 2k i think (don’t quote that part) .. 

The only thing good about the home office - asylum claims is that their head is from the private sector. 

Thanks for that in Denmark asylum seekers have to give expensive jewellery etc to fund their cost of living why not here?

HOLA4419

It looks like we will never be able to stop them coming and in 10 years there will be another million here or even more.

So what do we do as day by day the general standards in this country are falling and lawlessness is rising. Admittedly this not all down to immigrants but allowing them to flood the country is only leading to ghettos and no go areas.

I was told this area was filled with men harassing women on the street - this is what I found out for myself - Manchester Evening News

HOLA4420
3 hours ago, FANG said:

It looks like we will never be able to stop them coming and in 10 years there will be another million here or even more.

So what do we do as day by day the general standards in this country are falling and lawlessness is rising. Admittedly this not all down to immigrants but allowing them to flood the country is only leading to ghettos and no go areas.

I was told this area was filled with men harassing women on the street - this is what I found out for myself - Manchester Evening News

It's a sh1tty road next to a notorious prison. Most cities with prisons have a road similar to that were one is careful to avoid. Usually they have squalid no-go pubs too, frequented by ex cons, wannabe cons, petty criminals and trash trouble makers. Let the police sort it and get the criminals out, that's what we pay our taxes for.

HOLA4421
2 hours ago, IMHAL said:

It's a sh1tty road next to a notorious prison. Most cities with prisons have a road similar to that were one is careful to avoid. Usually they have squalid no-go pubs too, frequented by ex cons, wannabe cons, petty criminals and trash trouble makers. Let the police sort it and get the criminals out, that's what we pay our taxes for.

No mention of pubs in the article, and no pictures of pubs. Comments after the article by people who obviously know the street say the problem is caused by leering and corrupt men who would not go near a pub.

HOLA4422

okay the families are now going to sue the UK for compensation for not rescuing them, even though they were in french waters...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/01/people-onboard-sinking-channel-dingy-tried-to-contact-uk-authorities

"Relatives of the dead are now making a formal complaint accusing the UK government of negligence. Zana – whose brother Twana perished – has compiled a letter signed by 11 relatives. They claim they were tracking the boat’s progress via Facebook Messenger in real time and believe it had reached the UK maritime zone.

The French authorities have formally denied receiving distress calls. No details have been given pending a criminal investigation."

HOLA4423
6 hours ago, onlooker said:

No mention of pubs in the article, and no pictures of pubs. Comments after the article by people who obviously know the street say the problem is caused by leering and corrupt men who would not go near a pub.

The article did not say anything about men who would not go near a pub and neither do the comments.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4424
2 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

okay the families are now going to sue the UK for compensation for not rescuing them, even though they were in french waters...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/01/people-onboard-sinking-channel-dingy-tried-to-contact-uk-authorities

"Relatives of the dead are now making a formal complaint accusing the UK government of negligence. Zana – whose brother Twana perished – has compiled a letter signed by 11 relatives. They claim they were tracking the boat’s progress via Facebook Messenger in real time and believe it had reached the UK maritime zone.

The French authorities have formally denied receiving distress calls. No details have been given pending a criminal investigation."

The article doesn't say they are sueing for compensation, just that they are making a formal complaint. That may or may not be the next step, but that is not what the article says. 

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4425

More than 900 cross Channel in two days

More than 900 people have crossed the Channel in small boats over two days, the Home Office has confirmed.

On Thursday 559 people were picked up off the Kent coast after making the crossing in 19 boats, and on Friday 358 people crossed in 10 boats.

More than 27,700 people have made the crossing in small boats so far this year, compared to 8,400 in 2020.

BBC