House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
9 minutes ago, vadst43 said:

Vax mandate will follow as night follows day. Protest yesterday now and forever is the only way

Correct. I think the currency is also a real issue if people are buying and selling with something that is issued by the same people who want the Great Corporate Fascist Reset.

Edited by Arpeggio

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
4 minutes ago, FallingAwake said:

Yeah, even France, with all its vaccine passport nonsense, backed down from making the jab mandatory. They'll just ramp up the inconvenience of not being jabbed.

I thought the French were made of sterner stuff. 60% were against being vaccinated but they mostly caved in rather than be inconvenienced. 

I hope that Macron gets his comeuppance in next year's presidential elections. 

HOLA447
Just now, Bruce Banner said:

I thought the French were made of sterner stuff. 60% were against being vaccinated but they mostly caved in rather than be inconvenienced. 

I hope that Macron gets his comeuppance in next year's presidential elections. 

My grandfather thought differently.  😉  LOL

HOLA448
4 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

BBC just showed footage of Gove being accosted by "anti vaccine" protesters, or so the BBC reported. 

I can't see why anyone would be protesting against the vaccines but it makes their protest seem totally unreasonable. I suspect they may be anti lockdown or anti vaccine passport or anti vaccine coercion, but anti vaccine? I doubt it, as until it becomes illegal to refuse vaccination it's a matter of choice so no protest necessary.

The BBC have just repeated the piece but "anti vaccine" has been replaced by "anti lockdown".

HOLA449
36 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Right you are then, feel free to protest against the existence of Covid vaccines.

The mrna shots seemed made to order. There was with the OAZ some show of development (including an Indian man paralyzed with AFAIK no recompense).

The rapidity, carelesness of roll-out and waiving of liability seem protest-worthy

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
25 minutes ago, vadst43 said:

The rapidity, carelesness of roll-out and waiving of liability seem protest-worthy

This is a very odd thing in my view to protest over.

As @Bruce Banner says, if there is no compulsion (direct or indirect via vaccine passports) then the vaccine simply isn't worth protesting over at all, let alone the fine print of the Pfizer contract.  If you don't trust the vaccine, simply don't have it.   Why leave your armchair to protest about it?  It's only the compulsion that is protest-worthy.

The fact is the vaccine companies saw a chance to negotiate a waiver and took it.  Wouldn't you?  Governments couldn't say no or they wouldn't have had a vaccine at all.  Seems good risk management by the vaccine companies to me.  The vaccines were tested in trials with tens of thousands of people, and that all seemed good enough to me.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

If vaccination were to be made a legal requirement, ultimately the only way it could be enforced would be by strapping people to gurneys and forcibly injecting them. I think that would backfire spectacularly and hasten the demise of any government that was idiotic enough to mandate it.

Yep, BJ would recoil from that straight away, he just wants to be elected.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, vadst43 said:

The mrna shots seemed made to order. There was with the OAZ some show of development (including an Indian man paralyzed with AFAIK no recompense).

Remember when they stopped AZ completely back in April?; AstraZeneca vaccine: Denmark stops rollout completely

She's the one who ignored the CDC panel; https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/24/world/covid-boosters-vaccine-cdc-director.html

20 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Until it affects the bottom line, then it will be quietly dropped.

14 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Sorry to disagree, as much as I agree with much else that you say, but if you think these are actually concerns for them then I don't think you are getting what this is really about and where they want this to go. The 6 month act has been extended without a proper vote and Boris and co aren't exactly looking too ruffled by that development of "democracy."

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4417
7 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Aint gonna happen.

But what happens if we end up in another Lockdown lol ?  While the rest of Europe stays open ?

HOLA4418
3 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Remember when they stopped AZ completely back in April?; AstraZeneca vaccine: Denmark stops rollout completely

She's the one who ignored the CDC panel; https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/24/world/covid-boosters-vaccine-cdc-director.html

Sorry to disagree, as much as I agree with much else that you say, but if you think these are actually concerns for them then I don't think you are getting what this is really about and where they want this to go. The 6 month act has been extended another 6 months and Boris and co aren't exactly looking too ruffled by that development of "democracy."

Maybe, but that could be seen as prudent measures to "safeguard public health", that is actually going to pick up votes, the point I was responding to was about "forcible vaccination", if the police can`t control the streets of London and other major cities in normal times, and people were obviously flouting lockdown rules in large numbers at various times recently, how do you see this being rolled out?

HOLA4419
5 minutes ago, pig said:

Aint gonna happen.

But what happens if we end up in another Lockdown lol ?  While the rest of Europe stays open ?

What, he ain`t going to be elected again? The chances of the rest of Europe being open if we lockdown is slim with travel and nightclubs etc. getting back to full swing don`t you think, or are they magically protected because they didn`t vote for Brexit? LOL. (probably more than half of Europe would vote to break up the EU if given the chance though?)

HOLA4420
44 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

This is a very odd thing in my view to protest over.

As @Bruce Banner says, if there is no compulsion (direct or indirect via vaccine passports) then the vaccine simply isn't worth protesting over at all, let alone the fine print of the Pfizer contract.  If you don't trust the vaccine, simply don't have it.   Why leave your armchair to protest about it?  It's only the compulsion that is protest-worthy.

The fact is the vaccine companies saw a chance to negotiate a waiver and took it.  Wouldn't you?  Governments couldn't say no or they wouldn't have had a vaccine at all.  Seems good risk management by the vaccine companies to me.  The vaccines were tested in trials with tens of thousands of people, and that all seemed good enough to me.

Agreeing a liability waiver is pretty standard practice for vaccines.

Governments have a choice of accepting the risk or leaving it with the manufacturer. If they choose the latter the manufacturer just increases the price to cover the cost of passing the risk onto an insurer plus a mark up. 

As in many other areas the government chooses to self insure to save money. 

HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

What, he ain`t going to be elected again? The chances of the rest of Europe being open if we lockdown is slim with travel and nightclubs etc. getting back to full swing don`t you think, or are they magically protected because they didn`t vote for Brexit? LOL. (probably more than half of Europe would vote to break up the EU if given the chance though?)

No I mean he isn't going to make vaccination compulsory, but I wouldn't bet against him about to screw this all up all over again.

Was watching the footy tonight. Non-english fans wearing masks. I'm wondering what will happen if he brings in his 'Plan B' too late.

HOLA4422
5 minutes ago, pig said:

No I mean he isn't going to make vaccination compulsory, but I wouldn't bet against him about to screw this all up all over again.

Was watching the footy tonight. Non-english fans wearing masks. I'm wondering what will happen if he brings in his 'Plan B' too late.

They already screwed up by leaving lockdown too early IMO, it was all done to try and get people out mad spending again but they should have done it much more slowly I think, and been crystal clear that full lockdown can come back if required instead of trumpeting about  Freedom Day etc. What they will get now if they try to lockdown is people refusing to do it and protesting and getting rowdy when pubs and other businesses are told to shut.

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4423
10 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

LOL I take it you get your information from dedicated reading of the Daily Express. Reality is somewhat different.

PG_2020.11.17_EU_0-01.png?w=620

NB Today's Daily Mail published their own poll of how popular Brexit is. Embarrassingly only 36% would vote to leave if their was another vote tomorrow.

The poll was buried a long way down in their website and now seems to have disappeared.   

HOLA4424
7 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

LOL I take it you get your information from dedicated reading of the Daily Express. Reality is somewhat different.

PG_2020.11.17_EU_0-01.png?w=620

NB Today's Daily Mail published their own poll of how popular Brexit is. Embarrassingly only 36% would vote to leave if their was another vote tomorrow.

The poll was buried a long way down in their website and now seems to have disappeared.   

Sure, but they said all that before we voted to leave as well. Your idea of what "reality" is seems slightly skewed, we have left, the EU backed polls are chip paper.

HOLA4425
18 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Sure, but they said all that before we voted to leave as well. Your idea of what "reality" is seems slightly skewed, we have left, the EU backed polls are chip paper.

My reality is doing fine, Brexit has turned out pretty much as I expected/predicted from the start.

However I agree there is no going back. Oddly it is Leavers that now seem obsessed with the EU.