House Price Crash Forum

Wealthy US donors gave millions to rightwing UK groups

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
14 hours ago, MarkG said:

Soros helped the Nazis to confiscate property from fellow Jews during WWII and said he didn't feel bad about doing so and it was one of the best times of his life.

The man must be a psychopath to say that, yet you're defending him.

I didn't defend him. I said he was mischaracterised:

On 29/11/2019 at 23:00, Kosmin said:

I'm not sure how many or how much he funds, but I think he is mischaracterised. His Open Society Foundation was inspired by Karl Popper's Open Society and its enemies. Popper was also a founder of the Mont Pelerin Society (basically the genesis of neoliberalism). 

He is mischaracterised as a left-winger, but he was an admirer or Popper and founder of Mont Pelerin!

If your allegation that he helped Nazis is correct, does that mean he is a left-winger?!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
14 hours ago, MarkG said:

Soros helped the Nazis to confiscate property from fellow Jews during WWII and said he didn't feel bad about doing so and it was one of the best times of his life.

The man must be a psychopath to say that, yet you're defending him.

This is why democracy is a disaster. It rapidly becomes idiocracy.

Breitbart bull shit

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/george-soros-nazi-jew-conspiracy-theory-roseanne-barr-twitter-rant-a8377301.html

HOLA447
4 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

lolol I didn’t call you a pleb but it’s interesting that that’s the insult you choose to use for yourself. Why is that? Do you feel inconsequential or lowly? 
I’m fortunate enough to be insulated from a decision that has already made our country and its people poorer and will continue to make our country and its people poorer. I’m lucky and acknowledge it. 

It’s still a stupid idea. I don’t want our country and people made any poorer, particularly not at the behest of wealthy foreigners.

Did...did you just quote a MFing IEA report as a source for “news” on lobbying? :D 

Exactly. Many people, particularly on this forum dedicated to the fact that an essential requirement, housing, is too expensive, seem to have a weird subservient bent which comes out when rich people are caught manipulating the rules/tax/laws/government etc. As long as it’s the ‘right’ rich people (in this case foreign libertarian conservatives) then shrugs abound. 

Weird.

Lazy google...

The LEADER funding is a massive slush fund for crap councils pet projects.

EU is still spending 30% of its budget on farming slush, neglecting projects for younger more productive people.

HOLA448
HOLA449
On 02/12/2019 at 14:39, byron78 said:

The whataboutery in this thread is staggering and a bit depressing. 

I wonder which of you will be first against Putin's wall? 

Any gays? Anyone here not white? Any women? 

As opposed to believing a lot of Russian red under the beds Putin is out to get you hysteria like you.

There are 12 nations in the world where being gay is subject to the death penalty and 70 where being gay is illegal. Russia isn't one of them. Now no one is saying life is rosy for Russian gay men - but maybe the media might focus a bit more on those 70 and particularly those 12 - one of which is hosting the football world cup in 2022!

There are also 52 nations in the world which don't guarantee equal rights for women in their constitutions - again Russia isn't one of them.

Russia also contains over 180 different ethnic groups and multiple religions - they aren't all white either.

No one seemed that bothered about Russian 'interference' until they wanted an excuse to why Hillary Clinton lost (cos she was a terrible candidate) and why leave won (apparently all those elderly people in Sunderland and Bolton spending all their days on twitter and facebook following Russian bots were the cause!). Its just avoids people - mostly the out of touch London media and political classes - identifying the real reasons for those results!

China probably does as much interference if not more - but as is the case with the Saudis, Malaysians, Qataris, Emiratis - we need their cash to buy our prime London housing and fund our infrastructure projects.  So conveniently our 'principles' go out the window!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4410

When boris johnson gets his majority and hard brexit, there will be much hand wringing from the liberal establishment, The Guardian, Independent, Libdems, blair and alistair campbell, sections of the parliamentary labour party. Yet by failing to even grudgingly get behind the only thing they well know can prevent that, Corbyns labour, they will have played a major part in delivering it. Just as the Democratic party in America deep down preferred trump to Sanders. 

HOLA4411
On 04/12/2019 at 20:31, MARTINX9 said:

As opposed to believing a lot of Russian red under the beds Putin is out to get you hysteria like you.

There are 12 nations in the world where being gay is subject to the death penalty and 70 where being gay is illegal. Russia isn't one of them. Now no one is saying life is rosy for Russian gay men - but maybe the media might focus a bit more on those 70 and particularly those 12 - one of which is hosting the football world cup in 2022!

There are also 52 nations in the world which don't guarantee equal rights for women in their constitutions - again Russia isn't one of them.

Russia also contains over 180 different ethnic groups and multiple religions - they aren't all white either.

No one seemed that bothered about Russian 'interference' until they wanted an excuse to why Hillary Clinton lost (cos she was a terrible candidate) and why leave won (apparently all those elderly people in Sunderland and Bolton spending all their days on twitter and facebook following Russian bots were the cause!). Its just avoids people - mostly the out of touch London media and political classes - identifying the real reasons for those results!

China probably does as much interference if not more - but as is the case with the Saudis, Malaysians, Qataris, Emiratis - we need their cash to buy our prime London housing and fund our infrastructure projects.  So conveniently our 'principles' go out the window!

What about China... 

What about Saudi Arabia... what about Hiliary Clinton? 

What about.... what about... 

HOLA4412

What is "Right Wing" anyway? Is it "to the right of Stalin"? 

What is the defining feature of the "Right Wing"? Is it synonymous with "authoritarian"? Does it conjure up in your mind images of men wearing Hugo Boss-designed uniforms with peaked caps and polished leather boots?

Does a "Right Winger" respect the individual, or is he a collectivist who hunts in a pack?

HOLA4413

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/zmjjey/ukraine-fascists-hong-kong-protests

What the Hell Are Ukrainian Fascists Doing in the Hong Kong Protests?

“Nobody here knows who they are. Nobody invited them.”

Hong Kong's pro-democracy activists were initially welcoming to the burly young Ukrainians who arrived on the front lines of their protests Sunday.

Then they noticed the swastika tattoos.

In photos that swiftly circulated on social media, it was clear the visitors’ political allegiances were radically incompatible with Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement. One of the men had two swastikas tattooed behind his ear, while another had the white power symbols “14 88” tattooed on his shoulders and the initials WPSH (white power, skin head or sieg heil) across his stomach.

As the photos spread, so did the questions. Who exactly were these Ukrainian fascists, and what the hell were they doing wandering around the protest front lines in Hong Kong? 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On 12/1/2019 at 11:32 AM, chronyx said:
On 11/29/2019 at 10:21 AM, PeanutButter said:

Result I don’t like? I honestly DGAF about Brexit. It’s stupid but I have enough wealth and income not to worry about it at all. I can afford private healthcare. Plus I’m dual citizen so first sign of deterioration I can flee easily. :D

Wow us proles are lucky to have an genius (sic) like you to post here.

You spend too much time thinking about some thing that doesn't affect you and you don't care about. From the point of view of a mere pleb of course.

LOL yes - never misses a chance to go on about Brexit even though he is not bothered by it lol 

Brexit is the root of all evil - bless - if it were not for Brexit everyone could afford a detached house by the river in Richmond on Thames

Of course everyone else is not entitled to their opinion if it differs from his own and they are wrong he is the arbiter off all truth and we should all bow to his superior intellect and knowledge.

HOLA4416
5 minutes ago, mallish said:

LOL yes - never misses a chance to go on about Brexit even though he is not bothered by it lol 

Brexit is the root of all evil - bless - if it were not for Brexit everyone could afford a detached house by the river in Richmond on Thames

Of course everyone else is not entitled to their opinion if it differs from his own and they are wrong he is the arbiter off all truth and we should all bow to his superior intellect and knowledge.

U ok hun?

Have a kitkat x

PS No the planes fly too low over Richmond, I don’t recommend you buy there. 

HOLA4417
On 12/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, PeanutButter said:
On 12/1/2019 at 4:17 PM, chronyx said:

Calm down, Freud.  MUH PROJECTION!!111!!1

No. I interpreted your shit-eating sanctimonious tone in the manner that was intended.  

Mmm anger issues. Classic online. x

Mate - you really rattled his little cot - he is a angry little boy - a big man on the end of a pc screen lol 

HOLA4418
17 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

PS No the planes fly too low over Richmond, I don’t recommend you buy there. 

LOL I did and I love it :lol: especialy the Voctoria and the Sun 

take care and you muist stopping winding up chronxy he is getting very agitated

Have a good evening B 

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, mallish said:

1 hour ago, mallish said:

LOL I did and I love it :lol: especialy the Voctoria and the Sun 

take care and you muist stopping winding up chronxy he is getting very agitated

Have a good evening B 

You've got your accounts mixed up, MallishButter. :unsure:

HOLA4420
On 01/12/2019 at 12:58, jonb2 said:

LOL.

He openly admitted to it in a TV interview that anyone can track down online, yet you claim some newspaper article proves that what Soros actually said on TV is ********.

To save you the effort of tracking it down, here it is from the transcript:

1. Krost:  My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours, who swore that you were his adopted godson. Went out in fact and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.
  3. Soros:  That’s right, yes.
  5. Krost:  I mean, that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?
  7. Soros:  Not at all, not at all. Maybe as a child you don’t see the connection but it created no problem at all.
  9. Krost:  No feeling of guilt?
  11. Soros:  No.
Edited by MarkG

HOLA4421

Soros was 14 when he went out occasionally in the van with his protector. They made inventory lists of items confiscated from Jewish people. He didnt choose to do this as a job, nor did he financially profit from it.  I dont hear  jewish groups, or holocaust survivors, making claims of war crimes against him.  It is breitbart nut jobs and perversely anti semites who do this. 

As already mentioned, he isnt even really leftwing. As somebody who lived under both fascism and communism, extremist ideologies must appaul him. He gave money to help fund Hilary Clintons campaign, not Sanders. 

I reckon the real reason alt right types hate him, is they see billionaire funders of political groups, like the Koch brothers as their preserve.