House Price Crash Forum

Diane Abbot for Prime minister

HOLA441
2 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

I remember seeing Abbott give a talk about her time on the Treasury Select Committee (some years after she left it) where she was describing how difficult it was to understand what was going on and how bad she was with numbers. She was making light of it and the audience were laughing along. I was totally appalled and wondering why on earth was she on the committee if she wasn't technically capable of grasping the material.

Brexit is showing us that our leaders really don’t have a clue, all you need to do is go to the right university, look reasonably photogenic and say what they are told by the PR dept

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
5 minutes ago, prozac said:

Brexit is showing us that our leaders really don’t have a clue, all you need to do is go to the right university, look reasonably photogenic and say what they are told by the PR dept

She may have got the position through internal Labour party politics e.g. needing to put somebody from the left on an important committee. Same thing happens with (shadow) housing minister, the party leader just gives it to whoever needs a favour doing rather than somebody who actually cares or knows anything about housing.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
15 minutes ago, prozac said:

Treason isn't photogenic! I agree she hasn't got a clue though.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
25 minutes ago, newbonic said:

I could give you twelvety reasons, but I'd have to take my shoes and socks off to count that high. Like Diane. 

ROFL ?

I still remember the LBC interview, when she wasn't sure if the money set aside by the Labour budget for the police would pay for 30000 or 300000 extra offices (all to work on 'hate' crime no doubt)!

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, prozac said:

Or no matter what she says the media hate her

lets be honest they do hate her because she is black 

100% wrong

There are no doubts in my mind that if the right person came along who  could run a good country with integrity and served everyone equally the best that they could and were black, the vast majority of UK people would  grab them with open arms. One thing needs to be made clear here, it is perfectly OK to dislike or even hate black people, it is not OK to dislike or hate someone BECAUSE they are black. Abbott is useless, she probably is and always be just a black activist who is fighting a fight that is already won with the exception of a few idiots, she will never  connect with the majority of UK people because she has nothing they want to hear from her. I personally think it is a bit strong to hate her, but if people feel that way, that's fine, but has nothing to do with her being black, just being Abbott is enough

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I have spent the last week listening to and considering various 'what happens next' scenarios. I have to say that this suggestion is by far the most disturbing and harrowing. 

I have never liked her, since I first became aware of her via the show 'This week' (mid 2000's). I think she is just one of those people who would do or say anything to be on the TV / in the media / be noticed in the street....

Diane Abbott for I'm a celebrity 2019 

HOLA4414
22 minutes ago, NoGo said:

I have spent the last week listening to and considering various 'what happens next' scenarios. I have to say that this suggestion is by far the most disturbing and harrowing. 

I have never liked her, since I first became aware of her via the show 'This week' (mid 2000's). I think she is just one of those people who would do or say anything to be on the TV / in the media / be noticed in the street....

Diane Abbott for I'm a celebrity 2019 

And who would you have for her house mates

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, Tes Tickle said:

I'd say it's racist and very patronising to try and exclude black people from mockery.  Nobody's suggested that everyone's having a pop at Corbyn on the other thread just because he's white.  Equality means exactly that, equal for good or bad.

Here here,

The stick she gets is mostly well deserved, she is useless. Please someone, just throw one idea, policy, belief, ideology at me that was of any use to the country as a whole. All she seems to have in her is "how bad white people were in the past"(partly true) and forever hints that they must pay for it, nothing that helps UK society move on for the better.

But before she points the finger solely at white people for the nasty things they have done, she would be advised to look at the bad things black people have also done. There was a slave trade in Africa well before whites were around, and some people estimate it was on a far larger scale with many being sold to Islamic Northern Africa.

Like you suggest, there are many white people who are rightly mocked, and the same for blacks, and she is one of them.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
On 06/12/2018 at 14:13, localhero1983 said:

100% wrong

There are no doubts in my mind that if the right person came along who  could run a good country with integrity and served everyone equally the best that they could and were black, the vast majority of UK people would  grab them with open arms. One thing needs to be made clear here, it is perfectly OK to dislike or even hate black people, it is not OK to dislike or hate someone BECAUSE they are black. Abbott is useless, she probably is and always be just a black activist who is fighting a fight that is already won with the exception of a few idiots, she will never  connect with the majority of UK people because she has nothing they want to hear from her. I personally think it is a bit strong to hate her, but if people feel that way, that's fine, but has nothing to do with her being black, just being Abbott is enough

Agreed.

I would also bet that the first Black or Asian PM will be from the conservative party. 

The reason is that those who play identity politics will be viewed as toxic, as with those who play the victim card as people want a leader. 

A tough patriotic, conservative BAME candidate who understands people's immigration concerns could pull it off without question. 

And just watch that candidate get called an uncle tom by those who espouse tolerance. 

HOLA4424
4 minutes ago, prozac said:

No she has not, she has been dealt cards that unplayable, her cards are lose or lose, 

She has ruled over Help To Sell, continued emergency measures, continued failure to balance the books, lost a majority, bought "friends",  pretended that austerity has ended,  sat round the table when Camoron discussed Brexit,  threw her OWN hat into the ring,  has seen many foodbanks needed, but appeared "The One Show" - she really is the worst PM ever, and a walking abortion.  She has made foodbanks the Google of the 21st centuray.

HOLA4425