House Price Crash Forum

Farage quits UKIP

notnow

HOLA441

So Farage leads the countries voters into a frenzy of hatred of European rules ("they take our jobs!!!") , "wins" the Brexit vote, celebrates with a pint and then resigns as leader and then leaves UKIP because its racist????

If I had led the countries voters down a catastrophic path, I would disassociate myself  from my actions  as well.

I worry about the future  Mr.Farage.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

He always said that he was just a conviction "politician" who had one aim and was not in it for power or money. He wanted to get us out of the EU and he succeeded, there was no grey area with him, you agreed or you did not, and you will have to remind me of his racist contributions, cannot think of one off the top of my head, but then being a "racist" these days has so many rules that qualifies you for that title. I am a racist myself because mass immigration concerns me and I have issues with Islam.

I was a remainer myself, but he was the man to put the intelligent argument of leaving the EU and I agreed with him more then any other, I also found him great entertainment when he spoke, great orator who always took criticism with a big smile and humour.

HOLA445

Farage is a lot less racist than most politicians. I find it hard to imagine many Labour or Conservative politicians suggesting we would be better off with more non-white immigration.

I voted leave, but at the time I thought immigration was not an important issue. I was wrong. It is simple matter of supply and demand - if you let in more unskilled workers, it reduces the wages and worsens the working conditions and terms of employment of the lowest paid. The evidence that it has a large effect lies in the peaking of zero-hours contracts and the  fall in unemployment since EU immigration fell. Pointing out a fact is not racist.

HOLA446

I listened to his statement on LBC website.

He resigned so as not to be associated with the current activities of UKip, which seems to be more and more going backwards to become something like the EDL or what ever. He didnt want 'his' cause of Brexit to be associated with the likes of Tommy Robinson et al and any violence that may occur in their planned demonstration next Sunday.

I think it was a good call, and leaves him in a position to stay in main stream politics, as Ukip probably wont.

That said, I a little disappointed at the consensus that he now shares, that no party should question issues related to Islam. It certainly should be on the agenda.

HOLA447

If the UK leaving the EU is frustrated I am hoping he starts a 'decent' party with all the so called 'Brexiteer' MPs. I reckon if it was done correctly they could win a general election. Some of the 17.5 million people might have wavered under the onslaught but the vast majority are going nowhere I reckon.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Sperm Donor said:

If the UK leaving the EU is frustrated I am hoping he starts a 'decent' party with all the so called 'Brexiteer' MPs. I reckon if it was done correctly they could win a general election. Some of the 17.5 million people might have wavered under the onslaught but the vast majority are going nowhere I reckon.

People forget he is 64. I actually think he may retire from politics. There is not going to be a brexit and he may be looking at how the establishment has responded to scupper it and see that it is now looking like a long term fight again. I can understand him thinking it is time for someone else to step up.

Edited by AdamoMucci

HOLA4411
3 hours ago, notnow said:

So Farage leads the countries voters into a frenzy of hatred of European rules ("they take our jobs!!!") , "wins" the Brexit vote, celebrates with a pint and then resigns as leader and then leaves UKIP because its racist????

If I had led the countries voters down a catastrophic path, I would disassociate myself  from my actions  as well.

Farage, after the B vote decided to ride off into the sun set and try to get other things in his life sorted. I can't blame him. The battle he led was a very long one. 

However, UKIP imploded when he left. It's only due to Baton that there is a party left.

So if Baton and the party want to rebrand and refocus, well Farage can't be a back seat driver. He should have stayed on until B was achieved.

Now in Regards to Yaxley L, I believe this guy when he says he joined the bn p in the day without know what he was signing up to. He left it due to the politics so that says a lot, and also the ldl which he started and abandoned when he stoped liking the message and dircetion the group was going in. Tommy then did a new media jorno thing with Ezra Levants Rebel Media, and Ezra doesnt hire natzes as he is jewish himself. So give him the benefit of the doubt 

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, NoGo said:

I listened to his statement on LBC website.

He resigned so as not to be associated with the current activities of UKip, which seems to be more and more going backwards to become something like the EDL or what ever. He didnt want 'his' cause of Brexit to be associated with the likes of Tommy Robinson et al and any violence that may occur in their planned demonstration next Sunday.

I think it was a good call, and leaves him in a position to stay in main stream politics, as Ukip probably wont.

That said, I a little disappointed at the consensus that he now shares, that no party should question issues related to Islam. It certainly should be on the agenda.

The issue here is that Farage opperates in the polite society spectrum of the national debate. And TR does not, he talks about the very nasty stuff happening on the ground as viewed from the working class in Luton who have to put up with the vibrancy and diversity of grooming gangs. Tommy is just bad optics,

HOLA4413
8 hours ago, gp_ said:

Farage is a lot less racist than most politicians. I find it hard to imagine many Labour or Conservative politicians suggesting we would be better off with more non-white immigration.

I voted leave, but at the time I thought immigration was not an important issue. I was wrong. It is simple matter of supply and demand - if you let in more unskilled workers, it reduces the wages and worsens the working conditions and terms of employment of the lowest paid. The evidence that it has a large effect lies in the peaking of zero-hours contracts and the  fall in unemployment since EU immigration fell. Pointing out a fact is not racist.

Farage did point out the "fact" that he was late for an interview because, as he put it, the roads were blocked by East Europeans, which doesn't show particularly good judgement when you have rentacrowd looking for any excuse to rubbish you.

Besides it's not even a fact. Congestion is a function of peak hour motoring whether you are from Clacton or the Czech Republic. Your nationality doesn't of itself make the road harder to use.

But yes, probably Farage isn't generally racist and there seem to be people around who can find racism in anything.

When I said to colleagues that Farage had a runnable argument, expanded democracy by presenting an option which was being suppressed and that it was hard not to respect someone who put 24 years into it, I got looks of disgust and disbelief. They  had viewed it as an endorsement, which it wasn't.

HOLA4414

@Bluestone59 Yes, I do not like him that much and he did pander to racists - but so have Conservatives and Labour.

I expected UKIP to implode once we had a leave vote, as it is a combination of different groups who disagree about everything but Brexit.

If we get no Brexit or a nominal Brexit it will create a space for a "decent Brexit party"  as @Sperm Donor suggests.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
On 05/12/2018 at 13:11, No One said:

The issue here is that Farage opperates in the polite society spectrum of the national debate. And TR does not, he talks about the very nasty stuff happening on the ground as viewed from the working class in Luton who have to put up with the vibrancy and diversity of grooming gangs. Tommy is just bad optics,

Where do you go with such a narrative, you could analyse any race or religion and find fault, certain forces have led us here and realise it’s a complete waste of resources.

This is why the idea of global Britain has not worked, this narrative.

Edited by prozac

HOLA4417
On 05/12/2018 at 13:08, No One said:

Tommy then did a new media jorno thing with Ezra Levants Rebel Media, and Ezra doesnt hire natzes as he is jewish himself. So give him the benefit of the doubt 

People like you cause anti-semitic hatred.

This is nothing to do with the Jews.

How can we have a brave new world when people like you have a message of hate like this.

HOLA4418
On 05/12/2018 at 09:55, Tes Tickle said:

Perhaps I've got it wrong, but I've got a slight hint of bitterness in your tone.

Of course brexit is to blame for everything that goes wrong from now on, while all is peaceful and harmonious for the countries that are still in the EU...

105604363-1543789968027gettyimages-10674

Having given your comment some thought, I think I am more sad than bitter.

Putting all politics aside, lets just think about one tiny part of leaving. Speaking as someone who has  spent time living in Europe, while benefitting from  health cover provided by the host country under EU treaties, it does sadden me that working,travelling and living in the EU will not be available as a right to future generations. Simply losing mutual health cover will change the way my children and granchildren will experience the world. The rich will be able to use their private health care across Europe. Everyone else will have no health cover which is illegal in Europe.  They will also need a visa.

Being retired and with a half decent pension will no longer  mean retiring to Tuscany or wherever being an option.

So thats one small issue. Now multiply that by the 1000 other issues covered by EU treaties.

Yep that makes me sad. Life is too short and imperfect to spend time on bitterness.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
9 hours ago, notnow said:

Being retired and with a half decent pension will no longer mean retiring to Tuscany or wherever being an option.

Don’t worry. In the future most people will be more concerned about not having much of pension before they can think about things like that.

10 hours ago, notnow said:

Putting all politics aside, lets just think about one tiny part of leaving. Speaking as someone who has  spent time living in Europe, while benefitting from  health cover provided by the host country under EU treaties, it does sadden me that working,travelling and living in the EU will not be available as a right to future generations. Simply losing mutual health cover will change the way my children and granchildren will experience the world. The rich will be able to use their private health care across Europe. Everyone else will have no health cover which is illegal in Europe.  They will also need a visa..

The poor can’t afford to do that EU or not. I can’t see your point comparing your “plight” to the rich. Totally irrelevant to most electorate. I’m not a communist and my wage is £26 ph.

HOLA4421
11 hours ago, notnow said:

Being retired and with a half decent pension will no longer  mean retiring to Tuscany or wherever being an option.

48 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Don’t worry. In the future most people will be more concerned about not having much of pension before they can think about things like that.

The poor can’t afford to do that EU or not. I can’t see your point comparing your “plight” to the rich. Totally irrelevant to most electorate. I’m not a communist and my wage is £26 ph.

Not merely irrelevent, it was the grotesque self interest and lack of interest in their fellow citizens by the fortunate elite that provoked the anger of the majority of ordinary voters.

Edited by Steppenpig

HOLA4422

Farage, after the B vote decided to ride off into the sun set and try to get other things in his life sorted. I can't blame him. The battle he led was a very long one. 

He did no such thing. He's very much still in the spotlight and still an MEP rattling the cages of Junker and the other cronies in Strasbourg.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
On 07/12/2018 at 14:43, prozac said:

Where do you go with such a narrative, you could analyse any race or religion and find fault, certain forces have led us here and realise it’s a complete waste of resources.

This is why the idea of global Britain has not worked, this narrative.

The global britain idea has not worked because of the narrative of Robinson? 

What?

Can you explain what certain forces have led us here, and define what you mean by "here"?

Honestly I don't follow.

On 07/12/2018 at 15:28, prozac said:

People like you cause anti-semitic hatred.

This is nothing to do with the Jews.

How can we have a brave new world when people like you have a message of hate like this.

WTF are you talking about?

This is what you are replying to, my original comment:

Tommy then did a new media jorno thing with Ezra Levants Rebel Media, and Ezra doesnt hire natzes as he is jewish himself. So give him the benefit of the doubt 

Which is a reply to:

This is in no way Anti semetic hatred, It is a fact that Ezra Levant is a Canadian Jewish man who hired Tommy Robinson to work in his firm. If Tommy was a nazi as its being falsely alleged, Ezra would have not hired Tommy as part of Rebel Media.

Either you can't read, you are a troll or you are deliberate confounding what I am writing

On 09/12/2018 at 22:56, bear.getting.old said:

He did no such thing. He's very much still in the spotlight and still an MEP rattling the cages of Junker and the other cronies in Strasbourg.

Well Farage could have stayed on to see Brexit through. He would have had more sway as head of UKIP than by being on LBC, even though he could have done both tbf

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, No One said:

The global britain idea has not worked because of the narrative of Robinson? 

What?

Can you explain what certain forces have led us here, and define what you mean by "here"?

Honestly I don't follow.

WTF are you talking about?

This is what you are replying to, my original comment:

Which is a reply to:

This is in no way Anti semetic hatred, It is a fact that Ezra Levant is a Canadian Jewish man who hired Tommy Robinson to work in his firm. If Tommy was a nazi as its being falsely alleged, Ezra would have not hired Tommy as part of Rebel Media.

Either you can't read, you are a troll or you are deliberate confounding what I am writing

Well Farage could have stayed on to see Brexit through. He would have had more sway as head of UKIP than by being on LBC, even though he could have done both tbf

I would vote for Farage

oh my god I am going to call nurse