House Price Crash Forum

BBC .. How can they justify this

HOLA441
18 hours ago, inbruges said:

But my main point, saying mass immigration is not an unfair argument in this shortage of housing discussion, it just does not appear on their list of OK things to say

I've seen similar comments on similar subjects that don't get pulled. Wonder if they just automatically do it if someone complains?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:32, Riedquat said:

I've seen similar comments on similar subjects that don't get pulled. Wonder if they just automatically do it if someone complains?

I suspect that they have a rule that if there are more than X complaints about a post it's pulled - I'm sure X>1 but on a topic like immigration I bet complaints do get logged.

Equally it could be as simple as the moderator (who no doubt was dealing with a bunch of articles at once) read "Maybe the millions of immigrants that have entered the UK in the last 15 years has something to do with it" and just thought "generic immigrant abuse - auto block" without even noticing it had been posted on a topic about housing where the point is directly relevant.  Had it been phrased more specifically to refer to housing perhaps it would have dodged the axe - who knows.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

I suspect that they have a rule that if there are more than X complaints about a post it's pulled - I'm sure X>1 but on a topic like immigration I bet complaints do get logged.

Equally it could be as simple as the moderator (who no doubt was dealing with a bunch of articles at once) read "Maybe the millions of immigrants that have entered the UK in the last 15 years has something to do with it" and just thought "generic immigrant abuse - auto block" without even noticing it had been posted on a topic about housing where the point is directly relevant.  Had it been phrased more specifically to refer to housing perhaps it would have dodged the axe - who knows.

Noticed on the Brexit stories you can nearly always have your say in the comments, noticed a story about Question Time the other day where some Muslim shouty woman was having a go at "a white man" as she put it for daring to say Britain was one of the best places for racial harmony. Not a chance in the world would that ever have a comments section

HOLA447
HOLA448
On 05/10/2018 at 20:20, Giraffe said:

The BBC love immigration. They are an immigration VI. It means more money. The BBC is fixed, with no increasing expenses as the population increases,  yet they are able to demand the licence fee from each new household. As the population increases the licence fee should go down. Instead we get a double whammy – they have more households to sponge off and they demand a higher fee to boot.  This is the core reason behind the pro-immigration, anti-Brexit stance of this organisation. The situation is ludicrous. They have to switch their funding model to pay per view.

+1

HOLA449
On 05/10/2018 at 17:54, Ballyk said:

The immigration issue might reverse itself because with Brexit.  4 of my friends have left in the last 12 months, all strangely enough to Scandinavia (Sweden x2, Norway x1 and Denmark x1).

It would have, anyway. As the Eastern & Southern economies align (UK Austerity helped here), less and less unskilled EU immigrants would come. Without the referendum this would have become net outward migration within ten years. The referendum has vastly hastened the process.

Non EU immigration, on the other hand, is soaring and, after Brexit, will balloon to make the previous EU wave a small affair. Hard Brexit will ensure their are no checks and balances against the lobbying by business wanting ever cheaper labour & skills or poshers wanting their au pairs and 'help'. People who voted 'Brexit' purely on the basis of immigration, if they can't or won't be bothered to look at current figures now, will see with their own eyes the reality of their decision later.

HOLA4410

The immigration issue might reverse itself because with Brexit.  4 of my friends have left in the last 12 months, all strangely enough to Scandinavia (Sweden x2, Norway x1 and Denmark x1).

I find it kind of sad that those are likely not the kind of people who Brits are angry about and would in fact be more than happy to have here, yet because of Leftoid propaganda from the BBC and Grauniad are made to feel like the target of the rightful animus.

Meanwhile, the dumb idiot welfare parasites who we actually want out are too dumb to know or even care that they are not welcome.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
On 05/10/2018 at 17:50, dougless said:

I am a life-long listener to Radio 4 (it was called The Home Service when I started listening) and I don't see it as particularly left wing but it is definitely Establishment - it always has been.

So am I, but listen more to the World Service more now - it has quite a few really good programs such as Hard Talk, has lots of interesting stuff from other parts of the world and isn't as Establishment, for fear of alienating their global audience (still there, though - but toned down).

HOLA4413
On 05/10/2018 at 22:12, GreenDevil said:

Good post.

I am seriously thinking of ditching my licence. Spend more time watching YouTube or amazon. I could certainly live without it.

The news and politics is serious shite these days. #vilebbc

If you are on facebook join the I hate the bbc group loads on there giving information on how to legally ditch the fee. 

HOLA4414
45 minutes ago, Cryptotrader said:

Non EU immigration, on the other hand, is soaring and, after Brexit, will balloon to make the previous EU wave a small affair. Hard Brexit will ensure their are no checks and balances against the lobbying by business wanting ever cheaper labour & skills or poshers wanting their au pairs and 'help'. People who voted 'Brexit' purely on the basis of immigration, if they can't or won't be bothered to look at current figures now, will see with their own eyes the reality of their decision later.

If anything is going to hand power to UKIP that'll do it. People who voted Brexit because of immigration had their heads screwed on - the EU was part of the problem there even if not all of it. The situation was definitely not going to improve without it. Irresponsible government might make it worse afterwards, but carrying on the way we were doing was fecking everything up anyway. Government was bitten once with Brexit. They'll probably need to get bitten several more times before they get the message, but you can be certain that they never will get it if we keep accepting the excuses to sit back and do nothing and take no responsibility.

HOLA4415
42 minutes ago, Locke said:

Meanwhile, the dumb idiot welfare parasites who we actually want out are too dumb to know or even care that they are not welcome.

Well all of those who were born and bred here will stay unfortunately, but I wouldn't wish them on another country anyway.

HOLA4416
On 05/10/2018 at 19:58, Freezer? Best place for it said:

It doesn’t fit in with their Arty, PC, Lefty, Establishment view.  They seldom meet an immigrant, but can get cheap cleaners and lock the door of their multi-million pound house.

They also think that anyone who doesn't agree with the 'Arty, PC, Lefty, Establishment view' is a Russian agent. Inbruge's comment was probably removed on this basis.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, highYield said:

So am I, but listen more to the World Service more now - it has quite a few really good programs such as Hard Talk, has lots of interesting stuff from other parts of the world and isn't as Establishment, for fear of alienating their global audience (still there, though - but toned down).

Good point, the World Service was always a more open source of information.  I remember friends commenting on the differences in emphasis between The World Service and Radio 4 back in the late 70's.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
On 08/10/2018 at 10:09, Riedquat said:

People who voted Brexit because of immigration had their heads screwed on - the EU was part of the problem there even if not all of it. The situation was definitely not going to improve without it. Irresponsible government might make it worse afterwards..........

It's already happened. Non EU immigration has pretty much doubled since referendum.

Anyway, back to the BBC. One of the things that annoys me is how they put out a good film. Then, they say, Government spokesman X, Y or Z was invited for interview but all of them declined. And then they leave it dangling, or worse read out the robotized 'statement'.

What they should do is invite the spokesperson from the party with the opposing viewpoint and just have them on.

HOLA4423

Nope, we will just loose the law abiding productive migrants. 

HOLA4424
On 06/10/2018 at 07:20, inbruges said:

The fact is that I had a post pulled in October 2018 for simply saying ""Maybe the millions of immigrants that have entered the UK in the last 15 years has something to do with"

The BBC is insanely pro EU and immigration and any other minority group.  As such any negative comment about the insane level of immigration which has added to pressure on house prices and rents in not acceptable to them. 

HOLA4425
Just now, happyguy said:

immigrants that have entered the UK in the last 15 years has something to do with"

One problem of course is that most of the snowflake generation support the EU, immigration and resettling refugees here.  They will vote Labour on this basis.  Not that I like the Tories either.  They are unable to comprehend the relationship between supply and demand they they whine about the price of housing, road congestion.