House Price Crash Forum

BBC .. How can they justify this

I have some real issues with the BBC these days apart from being forced by law to pay them to broadcast dross I will never watch, I am a 75% fan of the Radio though. I have some real issues with their   left wing agenda incorporated with a contradictory fierce protection of the top wealthy 10% of the UK, no matter what their political preference might be. 

Yet again this afternoon I posted on their news website under a subject talking about the shortage of housing in the UK and after being heavily recommended the post was pulled...

"Maybe the millions of immigrants that have entered the UK in the last 15 years has something to do with", I said.

Don't get me wrong, knowing the BBC in 2018 like what I do I know why they did it, but how can they as a public paid service pull that statement without being accused of being against freedom of speech, and legal freedom of speech I might add.

They are a Corporation and they don't have to justify anything to anyone.  :lol:

Just stop paying the licence

When a womble turns up (3 years and counting here), you answer "Am I obliged to answer that?" to any and all questions, until they go away.

They have no legal powers to enter your property at all 

7 minutes ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

I am sure you are regularly taken to task on this, but is an Establishment agenda not left wing.  I say this from listening to R4 too much.

I am a life-long listener to Radio 4 (it was called The Home Service when I started listening) and I don't see it as particularly left wing but it is definitely Establishment - it always has been.

The immigration issue might reverse itself because with Brexit.  4 of my friends have left in the last 12 months, all strangely enough to Scandinavia (Sweden x2, Norway x1 and Denmark x1).

I do enjoy a lot of the BBC's output but the news analyis is really dire at the moment , but I would include the BBC/C4/guardian as the same group so maybe I should offer to pay £120 for my license as a fair amount.

I agree the BBC are very establishment and there is a whiff of change in the air and which the future may not hold a place for their tax funded model hence what we see.

11 minutes ago, frederico said:

Yeah, BBC are a joke news wise and fact wise, pretty good for dramas and light entertainment 

But my main point, saying mass immigration is not an unfair argument in this shortage of housing discussion, it just does not appear on their list of OK things to say

1 minute ago, inbruges said:

But my main point, saying mass immigration is not an unfair argument in this shortage of housing discussion, it just does not appear on their list of OK things to say

Yes and your main point is duly noted sir.

4 minutes ago, inbruges said:

I do agree, free speech should be allowed.  Even if you disagree with the argument, it should be heard.  Personally I don't think you can reasonably argue that population growth, either organically or through immigration, has no effect on the demand for housing.  I don't think it is racist to make that argument.

1 hour ago, inbruges said:

But my main point, saying mass immigration 

It doesn’t fit in with their Arty, PC, Lefty, Establishment view.  They seldom meet an immigrant, but can get cheap cleaners and lock the door of their multi-million pound house.

The BBC love immigration. They are an immigration VI. It means more money. The BBC is fixed, with no increasing expenses as the population increases,  yet they are able to demand the licence fee from each new household. As the population increases the licence fee should go down. Instead we get a double whammy – they have more households to sponge off and they demand a higher fee to boot.  This is the core reason behind the pro-immigration, anti-Brexit stance of this organisation. The situation is ludicrous. They have to switch their funding model to pay per view.

Surely people have been aware for many years by now that the BBC is just 100% pure propaganda?

They don't need to justify anything to anyone. How many complaints have been made about the BBC and how many have been upheld? In any case, the adjudicators are made up of the same types of people who control the BBC, think the same way, do the same thing, and have a common purpose.

7 years and counting now. Wombling free. Screw the BBC. They have cheerleaded this mess. I won't forgive any of them.

Edited by 23rdian

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

The BBC love immigration. They are an immigration VI. It means more money. The BBC is fixed, with no increasing expenses as the population increases,  yet they are able to demand the licence fee from each new household. As the population increases the licence fee should go down. Instead we get a double whammy – they have more households to sponge off and they demand a higher fee to boot.  This is the core reason behind the pro-immigration, anti-Brexit stance of this organisation. The situation is ludicrous. They have to switch their funding model to pay per view.

Good post.

I am seriously thinking of ditching my licence. Spend more time watching YouTube or amazon. I could certainly live without it.

The news and politics is serious shite these days. #vilebbc

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

And here was me thinking the BBC hatred of Brexit was due to so many of them being landlords. Brexit means lower rents, surely?  

I went 4 years licence and TV free. Grudgingly I/we now have one. One thing has struck me in the last few years, the number of people who've seen through the BBC. Not long ago it's critics seemed rare. The other day I came across a fervent supporter and realised what a rare species he'd become and even he complained about its propaganda.

If the Tories pledged to abolish the BBC in its present form that would be the only thing to make me consider voting for them. Then again, I'd never believe anything they said so never gonna happen.

Yawn.  Would you rather have the honest, balanced view that is Fox news?  Living in the States is dire for any decent analysis.

The BBC is establishment not left wing.  In the 70s it was accused of being Right Wing reactionary.

It bends over backwards to answer complaints. Look at the accusations of child abuse at the BBC - full investigation and a complete overhaul on how it was Governed. What did the News of the World do when caught ACTUALLY BEING guilty?  Close and reopen as the Sun on Sunday.

Don't mistake Impartiality with Journalistic Balance.  You may think that the world is disc shaped on top of 4 elephants and you may even get screen time. But that does not allow you to obtain 50% air time against an established viewpoint of the world being a sphere or scream when more time is given to your opposing viewpoint.

8 minutes ago, msi said:

Yawn.  Would you rather have the honest, balanced view that is Fox news?  Living in the States is dire for any decent analysis.

The BBC is establishment not left wing.  In the 70s it was accused of being Right Wing reactionary.

It bends over backwards to answer complaints. Look at the accusations of child abuse at the BBC - full investigation and a complete overhaul on how it was Governed. What did the News of the World do when caught ACTUALLY BEING guilty?  Close and reopen as the Sun on Sunday.

Don't mistake Impartiality with Journalistic Balance.  You may think that the world is disc shaped on top of 4 elephants and you may even get screen time. But that does not allow you to obtain 50% air time against an established viewpoint of the world being a sphere or scream when more time is given to your opposing viewpoint.

Do Flat Earthers believe in a Flat Sun?

4 hours ago, msi said:

It is not the their views that I am interested in this case, though that is another story, but my right to politely express the view of allowing several million people into the UK will effect housing. To not allow that view because it might "offend someone" which it obviously did or was claimed to have done is just wasting time on allowing a so called debate about  shortage of housing.

I cannot help but think there is a room in the UK where men sit 1984 or V for Vendetta like, there is a politician, "civil servant" spin doctor/manipulator, and the BBC. I do worry for the UK and what I think might be on it's way, not that I think these people are going to win, quite the opposite in fact, I worry because people have caught onto them and are going to fight back unchecked.

1 hour ago, inbruges said:

It is not the their views that I am interested in this case, though that is another story, but my right to politely express the view of

Nobody has a right to have their content hosted on the BBC's website.

38 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Nobody has a right to have their content hosted on the BBC's website.

Well as long as they make it clear that their public funded comments section is biased and selective with the opinions it wishes to share