HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
On 09/08/2017 at 10:42 PM, Thorn said:

Looking at this another way- what sort of agenda would support his lowering- interest-rate actions these days? 

I'm afraid interest rates have to go up. They should really have gone up some time ago but the BofE committee doesn't have the courage to move in that direction. It's about time that savers gained something from the financial system. Returns have really been so poor for too long. Recently, because I have some bonds maturing, I've been looking at gold coins and bullion, Pensioner bonds with 4% return, crowd funding and investing in Sustainable business where the claim is a return of up to 8%.

i'm unsure where to move to given the low level of return on normal savings.

i also don't believe some of the claims by the Financial services industry.

perhaps it'll be back to the Stock market......

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
24 minutes ago, Uncle_Kenny said:

You sure? I've done deals with private businesses and the rate of return has ranged from 20% to approx 100% per annum.

The masses either don't understand private equity or the regulators stop them from learning about it has its too risky. They fail to inform them that its the only way out of debt slavery (if you can afford to invest in the first place that is).

PE investments are always measured in double triple digit returns...because on average 1 in 20 investments succeed so its a numbers game and you hope that your 1 in 20 is Amazon or Google or Markit or Walmart etc

HOLA4413
On 8/11/2017 at 9:07 AM, Thorn said:

Agree about the interest rates too low. It is obscene.

The level of gearing in the financial world is too high for even a tiny increase. Unless something disruptive is afoot, I can't see it. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong. 

HOLA4414
30 minutes ago, stuckmojo said:

The level of gearing in the financial world is too high for even a tiny increase. Unless something disruptive is afoot, I can't see it. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong. 

In this case how would you explain the actions of the US then ?

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

In this case how would you explain the actions of the US then ?

Good point, but they're still pussyfooting, really. Again, I might be wrong ,but the economy is in no position to support higher IR.

I'd personally love to see an increase. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419