House Price Crash Forum

How to live mortage free with Beeny

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
16 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Some guy has bought a trailer and is converting it to a home to park in a field, sounds like you can park up and live as long as the dwelling is 'temporary'.

A solution to the housing crisis?

C4+1 now.

If your mate is a carpenter and your parents have a farm, it sounds like a great idea.

ditto the girl whose parents let her convert their garage. 

These aren't solutions, they are vacuous puff pieces to show how 'easy' it is. Beeny, you should be ashamed.

HOLA444
HOLA445
12 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

Should be done for misrepresentation! I thought this was about how to live (mortgage free) with Sarah Beeny. :/

Agree. Who cares about the house?!  They just want to live (mortgage free) with Sarah Beeny

HOLA446
HOLA447
2 hours ago, 24 year mortgage 8itch said:

If your mate is a carpenter and your parents have a farm, it sounds like a great idea.

ditto the girl whose parents let her convert their garage. 

These aren't solutions, they are vacuous puff pieces to show how 'easy' it is. Beeny, you should be ashamed.

Yeah, what a load of ********, I lost interest after 20 mins, load of tosh.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4413

I've been watching this, some observations.

1. "Debt-free" meme. Don't be a mortgage/rent slave.  

2. Use of parents land, reasonable chance of getting planning permission for this,

3. Claim use as a "temporary building" and live in it for many years anyway

Personally, I love a planning loophole and have made use of some but this one won't work as far as I can see.

4. Use of a mobile structure - my neighbour just got caught for a "moveable" extension. Just demolished it, must have lost £50K + legals.

5. Live on a bus/trailer. Never seems to look that suitable for all-year round living.

Note that Beeney herself bought a listed mansion in 2001 and modified it without permission, also appears to have changed it use without permission.

Edited by VeryMeanReversion

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On 4/26/2017 at 9:24 PM, GreenDevil said:

Some guy has bought a trailer and is converting it to a home to park in a field, sounds like you can park up and live as long as the dwelling is 'temporary'.

A solution to the housing crisis?

C4+1 now.

I do live mortgage free... I rent

HOLA4416
18 minutes ago, BearlyBegun said:

I do live mortgage free... I rent

Woohoo! I'm mortgage free too! B)

I was thinking the other day. Out of all my friends who have mortgages and despite earning less than all of them (I assume) I'm actually fiancially more secure than all of them. :D Aside from £33 on a credit card that I can easily pay off - no other debt. Anyway, sorry for that diversion. :)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

This programme really is ridiculous. 

On today's was a blow who with another "investor" built two concrete houses in London each worth over a million. He's apparently now mortgage free.

I didn't see the start so don't know where the money came from.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
6 hours ago, ccc said:

This programme really is ridiculous. 

The system is set up to make it very, very hard to actually own a place to live, with the attendant security and the reduced pressure to work that that brings. I suspect the producers are coming to exactly that conclusion by running out of plausible or relevant exmples to show.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
10 hours ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

Yet it is still the only property show where "debt is bad, avoid it like your life depends on it".

Having watched a few episodes I don't think the above even comes into consideration.