HOLA441
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
23 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Don't be silly, the American plantation slave boxes are much nicer. They have character, separation from the neighbours affording privacy and a larger foot print to while away the days on the braai in the sunshine. All 4 points lacking in the second image.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw them

HOLA444
HOLA445
50 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Not much difference these days, ball and chain is the same... Instead of the plantation owner its the bankers, both equally despised.

The slaves got nothing for their hard work.

By the time you buy a slave box, then go into care, you'll end up with nothing.

The salves probably got flogged once a day, in the UK some people are commuting 3 hours a day ( mental flogging ).

As far as I can tell the bankers have enslaved a generation

HOLA446
HOLA447
3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Saw a program the other night about the KKK which talked about the slave boxes the slaves had to live in.

Look familiar ?

C3CQmjrWgAEuVi6.jpg

Sadly, nothing ever seems to change.

Very true.

It's the one thing I keep complaining about - size of the houses on the market - and people keep looking at me like I'm an alien when all I'm saying is that a proper 3 bedroom house should at the very least be 100 square meters in size, that a living room should at the very least be 20 sqm in size, a bedroom 16 sqm in size etc. 

58 minutes ago, giggler000 said:

It is sad but true.  What I find amazing is that the sheeple just accept it and say that's life as if it has to be this way and there is no alternative

Well...what IS the alternative?

HOLA448
HOLA449

I like the token front garden...its a joke. It would be more honest design to have front of the house dead against the pavement like Victorian terraces. That way also you don't have space for the compulsory old mattress and broken fridge you see outside HA schemes.

HOLA4410
33 minutes ago, Wayward said:

I like the token front garden...its a joke. It would be more honest design to have front of the house dead against the pavement like Victorian terraces. That way also you don't have space for the compulsory old mattress and broken fridge you see outside HA schemes.

What is the point of those ridiculous "gardens" - you can't mow it, and you can't really grow anything there..If they moved the shoe box a bit more forward, you'd gain another 2 or 3 feet of your tiny garden..

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Dave Beans said:

What is the point of those ridiculous "gardens" - you can't mow it, and you can't really grow anything there..If they moved the shoe box a bit more forward, you'd gain another 2 or 3 feet of your tiny garden..

I agree, why bother at all?

Get the mower from back = 1 min

plug it in = 10 seconds

mow front garden = 5 seconds

unplug it and wrap the wire back up again - 30 seconds

Put mower back - 1 min

Total = 2 minutes 45 seconds

Like a near bald man at the hairdresser, it still has to be done or else it will look unkempt.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

I agree, why bother at all?

Get the mower from back = 1 min

plug it in = 10 seconds

mow front garden = 5 seconds

unplug it and wrap the wire back up again - 30 seconds

Put mower back - 1 min

Total = 2 minutes 45 seconds

Like a near bald man at the hairdresser, it still has to be done or else it will look unkempt.

When I first rented in a bedsit in Bournemouth my landlord had a garden approx. 5m x 3m and refused to buy a lawnmower, instead he would get out the garden shears and happily trim the grass one blade at a time. Let that be a lesson to all the young'uns who bawk about the size and hassle of their garden!

HOLA4417
10 hours ago, Wayward said:

Ridiculous, how they expect anyone to cut the grass, with a pair of scissors?.....what are the metal railings susposed to be protecting, the grass?

Love the way the bin is on the small path blocking the front door!;)

HOLA4418

Chaps, really? I hate to be the pc police but come on. If this were the first time I'd visited here and this were the only thread I'd read I'd write you all off as thick old daily mail-style duffers who immediately compare any problem they have to the worst and most traumatic events in history. I find it manky and I'm white - if I were black I think I'd be seriously pissed off. Sozza, I know you're all great really, just had to say, think you went a bit far here ...

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
10 minutes ago, North London Rent Girl said:

I find it manky and I'm white - if I were black I think I'd be seriously pissed off. Sozza, I know you're all great really, just had to say, think you went a bit far here ...

So if im white I should be also be pissed off as well if anyone makes any comparisons to something bad which happened to white people 200 years ago? If everyone posting on this thread is black does it then become ok? Would like some clarity please. Thanks

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
32 minutes ago, North London Rent Girl said:

Chaps, really? I hate to be the pc police but come on. If this were the first time I'd visited here and this were the only thread I'd read I'd write you all off as thick old daily mail-style duffers who immediately compare any problem they have to the worst and most traumatic events in history. I find it manky and I'm white - if I were black I think I'd be seriously pissed off. Sozza, I know you're all great really, just had to say, think you went a bit far here ...

I'd be a bit more pissed off about the fact that a two bed box cost one million, if this was where I lived. That's a whole lifetime of servitude  to a box, going without any other form of spending (even food)  hence the analogy.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-46507278.html

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4423
46 minutes ago, North London Rent Girl said:

Likening debt slavery to actual slavery is always going to be a tad non PC, that said the comparison goes a long way to showing how far we haven't come in the last 150 odd years. 

HOLA4424

to avo

2 hours ago, North London Rent Girl said:

I have some sympathy for this view of this thread...perhaps to avoid the PC minefield and race angle it would be more appropriate to talk in terms of serfdom rather than slavery...slavery is a little over the top.  Also serfdom has more parallels to the miserable condition of folk today if you read up on it as a condition of bondage.

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, North London Rent Girl said:

"For decades, we have told ourselves we are free — as indeed, compared with places like the old Soviet Union, North Korea and China, we are. But what most of us have failed to see, barring the odd brave exception such as Roger Scruton, is the degree to which we have ourselves become prisoners of politically correct groupthink. We don’t have gulags and we don’t put dissidents in loony bins, but the required conformity of thought is little less crushing, stultifying and intellectually corrupt."

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/crushing-corrupt-political-correctness-just-had-its-berlin-wall-moment/