House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
1 hour ago, slawek said:

One potential benefits often raised by Leavers was a greater accountability of the UK political class. Ironically British people trust the EU more and the UK government and parliament now. 

image.png.27562a43b7ad26baa269ec835f6e479c.png

It helps our political class aka The Kleptocratic Duopoly of Westminster, no end that they know that no matter what they do, they will retain power because our re-tarded masses will just keep voting for them and alternating between the red half and the blue half. And they just laugh at the re-tarded masses moaning endlessly about the things they keep voting for more of.

It was pretty clear after the expenses scandal that the KDoW knew it could get away with doing whatever it wanted. Rather than pitchforks and burning torches, they had to endure a couple of weeks of angry tutting and rolling eyes. Us British are seriously brutal when it comes to bringing our political class to task.

As the old saying goes, you get the politicians you deserve.

HOLA442

Lol! 'our re-tarded masses' ! . . . . I always knew you were a complete shthead. Now we have it clear in print. Fck off you Brex shter ars*hole.

So how is your great Brex sht manufacturing boom going to happen with our 're-tarded masses' ? 

BTW: You set up anything yet? 

You vile piece of sht. 

HOLA443
6 minutes ago, miguel said:

Lol! 'our re-tarded masses' ! . . . . I always knew you were a complete shthead. Now we have it clear in print. Fck off you Brex shter ars*hole.

So how is your great Brex sht manufacturing boom going to happen with our 're-tarded masses' ? 

BTW: You set up anything yet? 

You vile piece of sht. 

Awww, is mummy letting you play on her phone again? Get off back to your play pit child.

HOLA444
HOLA445

https://www.cer.eu/insights/will-retained-eu-law-bill-undermine-sunaks-windsor-deal

WILL THE RETAINED EU LAW BILL UNDERMINE SUNAK'S WINDSOR DEAL?

......................................................................................................................................................................

I REALLY shouldn't read these articles my neighbours wonder what all the shouting is about! 

Finally an article that explains why ripping up 4000+ bits of EU law is not compatible with the NIP and therefore the so called 'windsor' framework based as they are on level playing field. Yet the author of the piece then goes along the track of the rest of the media with this idea that the implementation of the NIP finally was a sign of 'compromise' by Gov.UK and a movement towards better relations with the EU when in FACT it was all about Gov.UK needing to shut the DUP up in order to be able to sign up to the CPTPP (they were being stopped by the NIP Bill) . So Gov.UK haven't compromised what they have done is compromise the union by pushing for something THEY needed but the DUP doesn't want. And for what? Joining the CPTPP also doesn't work with the NIP and therefore the 'windsor' framework as joining the CPTPP equals greater divergence not level playing field. So are we saying (as the article above  appears to be saying) that EVERYONE knows that the REUL bill and the signing of the CPTPP will totally mess up the current TCA and therefore the NIP etc but they don't want to say anything because what? NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO NAME THE ELEPHANT OR SAY THE EMPEROR HAS NO F-ING CLOTHES! Where are the opposition parties in all of this? How come NOBODY is allowed to name the elephant or even point out that the full border around the whole of the UK hasn't yet been implemented and point out the impact that is likely to have on inflation/the economy! 

For the moment though, the economic case for Britain joining the CPTPP is not hugely persuasive. About 8-9% of UK goods and services exports go to CPTPP countries, but the bulk of these go to 9 of the 11 with which the UK already has bilateral FTAs – all bar Brunei and Malaysia – and in some respects, the details in some of these FTAs go further than the CPTPP. The same metrics apply to goods and services imports, about 7% of which come from CPTPP countries, with the majority from nations with which the UK has FTAs. The GDP impact of joining the CPTPP has been estimated to be 0.1% over the long-term. The CPTPP does not even come close to being a possible substitute for the EU, which trade economists see as conferring geographic and supply chain attributes which cannot be replaced.

HOLA446

So weeks and weeks and weeks of the media hailing Sunak as the saviour of the people taking on the ultras (ERG et al)  sorting Northern Ireland and moving the UK closer to the EU when in FACT (as we all know) this was about doing the complete opposite. It was about finally signing up to the CPTPP and diverging further and further from the EU and in th process trashing the TCA therefore the NIP therefore the windsor framework (all based on level playing field) which the ULTRAS NEVER wanted in the face place just as the DUP and many currently in Gov.Uk never wanted to the GFA.  So WELL DONE media/opposition etc just reporting lies and more lies until in the end we are all fecked! 

The ONLY way to sort NI was for  the whole of the UK to align. 

And what about the full border around the rest of the UK which Moggy said would be an act of self harm? 

THE people didn't like Trussonomics but Sunak does but where the hell is the UK heading ? 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/lifestyle/pacific-trade-deal-will-mean-britain-can-never-rejoin-the-eu-345978/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=onesignalwp&utm_campaign=sitepush

Pacific trade deal will mean Britain ‘can never rejoin the EU’

Joining the CPTPP will do little to offset the European trade losses incurred as a result of Brexit, government projections show.

Edited by Dweller

HOLA447

I don't know a lot about international trade deals, unlike most of the rest of the UK, but I'm curious how the UK is allowed to join a trading block with various legal agreements on standards while not conducting checks on inbound goods.

I guess because the other nations importing from the UK will be conducting their own checks and will raise disputes if the UK goods are in breach.

HOLA448
8 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I don't know a lot about international trade deals, unlike most of the rest of the UK, but I'm curious how the UK is allowed to join a trading block with various legal agreements on standards while not conducting checks on inbound goods.

I guess because the other nations importing from the UK will be conducting their own checks and will raise disputes if the UK goods are in breach.

Which trade agreement are you on about the TCA and/or the CPTPP ? So  what is going to happen with implementing the full border around the whole of the UK later this year? And how will this play out with the TCA when the UK are having to allow in as part of the agreement to join the CPTPP goods that don't meet the EU standards and the current TCA (and therefore the NIP) are based on level playing field 

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Dweller said:

Which trade agreement are you on about the TCA and/or the CPTPP ? So  what is going to happen with implementing the full border around the whole of the UK later this year? And how will this play out with the TCA when the UK are having to allow in as part of the agreement to join the CPTPP goods that don't meet the EU standards and the current TCA (and therefore the NIP) are based on level playing field 

As I say, I don't really know.

I'm specifically referring to the CPTPP. I'm unsure how the other nations are ok with the UK joining when we're not even checking the goods coming into our country.

HOLA4410
5 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I'm specifically referring to the CPTPP. I'm unsure how the other nations are ok with the UK joining when we're not even checking the goods coming into our country.

I don't know either but  how about the goods going out of the UK  into the EU or more specifically NI? 

How does this work when the UK can't put up a border because it would be an act of self harm according to Moggy! 

What is more we are agreeing to beef from Canada and god knows what else in order to join the CPTPP. 

How will the level playing field which the TCA /NIP is based on, work? 

I just don't GET why the media and the opposition parties aren't all SHOUTING about this .

Gov.UK set to sign CPTPP tomorrow ! 

HOLA4411

Ihttps://fedtrust.co.uk/the-stormont-brake-has-been-passed-yet-the-break-in-uk-eu-relations-may-be-irreparable/

Following recent protracted post-Brexit negotiations on the Northern Ireland Protocol (the Protocol), there persists an underlying crisis of mistrust between the United Kingdom government and the European Union.  This is in spite of the UK Parliament passing the arduously negotiated Stormont Brake provisions of the UK-EU Windsor Framework on Wednesday, March 23rd.

On the very same day, the European Union (EU) passed a new Regulation 2023/657, which lays down rules for the application of the EU’s rights in the implementation and enforcement of the UK-EU Withdrawal Agreement (WA) and the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA).

The Regulation, which is due to come into force on 11th April, 2023 will set out new rules, determining how the EU deals with future possible instances of the UK threatening to revoke aspects of those treaties and blocking recourse to measures for the settlement of disputes. It is a clear warning shot across the bows of any future British government inclined to play fast and loose with the WA and TCA.

FUTURE (??) 

Gov.Uk about to rip up 4000+ bits of EU law and sign up to the CPTPP ! 

HOLA4412

I think the biden visit next week to Belfast could be a great opportunity sadly for the real ira to do a spectacular to get world press coverage hence the threat level rise to severe.  Hope I am proved wrong and all goes well and he persuades the DUP to come on board and get power sharing up and running.  Sadly the TUV and their paramilitary backers will start trouble although they are currently fighting internally via drug wars with knee capping and shootings and houses burnt in newtonards at the moment but not even makes the news channels or newspapers as so common now only a fatality or an attack on a police officer seems to make the news. 

HOLA4413
4 minutes ago, coypondboy said:

I think the biden visit next week to Belfast could be a great opportunity sadly for the real ira to do a spectacular to get world press coverage hence the threat level rise to severe.  Hope I am proved wrong and all goes well and he persuades the DUP to come on board and get power sharing up and running.  Sadly the TUV and their paramilitary backers will start trouble although they are currently fighting internally via drug wars with knee capping and shootings and houses burnt in newtonards at the moment but not even makes the news channels or newspapers as so common now only a fatality or an attack on a police officer seems to make the news. 

I know the DUP have brought this on their own heads but do you think what Gov.Uk have done to the Unionists is OK? 

They have sold them down the river in order to go for the hardest of Brexits and are desperately trying  to shut them up so as to be able to sign up to the CPTPP (the NIP Bill was stopping this from happening thus Baker's tears). 

Regardless of whether Ireland should be united or not, surely the UK government had a duty to ensure that NI remained aligned with the rest of the UK  and the only way they could do this was for the whole of the UK to align with the SM and almost certainly the CU. (I know the DUP voted against alignment but that was because of the back stop which was there because Gov.Uk wanted to diverge). Instead Gov.UK have blamed the DUP for ALL the problems Gov.UK have caused by wanting the hardest of all Brexits which they are still inching their way towards. Neither the NIP or it's implementation (the so called Windsor Framework) give the DUP a say on what Gov.Uk is about to do ripping up 4000 bits of EU law and signing up to the CPTPP both of which will almost certainly breach the terms of the current TCA which gave rise to the NIP and therefore to the so called 'windsor' framework. Is it any wonder trouble is brewing in Ireland. I don't know how Biden can come for the anniversary given that Sunak HASN'T sorted this, the DUP are right being upset about what the government in the UK are trying to do. 
I know the NIP is GOOD for NI and that they are in a better position than the rest of the UK but that isn't the point for the unionists is it . In truth the whole of the UK should have aligned and been HAPPY to align and then there would have been no need for a backstop and everyone could have moved on. Instead there is going to be no end to this as Gov.Uk haven't even implemented a border yet around the rest of the UK but are about to breach the terms of the current TCA. 

HOLA4414

Might it be because the UK hasn't implemented a border.... LOVE the "may lead" ! 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/30/rotten-pork-sold-in-uk-may-lead-to-tighter-control-of-food-safety-body-fsa

Reports of rotten pork being sold in UK may lead to tighter control of FSA

Therésè Coffey may bring Food Standards Agency, now overseen by health department, under remit of Defra

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Dweller said:

I know the DUP have brought this on their own heads but do you think what Gov.Uk have done to the Unionists is OK? 

They have sold them down the river in order to go for the hardest of Brexits and are desperately trying  to shut them up so as to be able to sign up to the CPTPP (the NIP Bill was stopping this from happening thus Baker's tears). 

Regardless of whether Ireland should be united or not, surely the UK government had a duty to ensure that NI remained aligned with the rest of the UK  and the only way they could do this was for the whole of the UK to align with the SM and almost certainly the CU. (I know the DUP voted against alignment but that was because of the back stop which was there because Gov.Uk wanted to diverge). Instead Gov.UK have blamed the DUP for ALL the problems Gov.UK have caused by wanting the hardest of all Brexits which they are still inching their way towards. Neither the NIP or it's implementation (the so called Windsor Framework) give the DUP a say on what Gov.Uk is about to do ripping up 4000 bits of EU law and signing up to the CPTPP both of which will almost certainly breach the terms of the current TCA which gave rise to the NIP and therefore to the so called 'windsor' framework. Is it any wonder trouble is brewing in Ireland. I don't know how Biden can come for the anniversary given that Sunak HASN'T sorted this, the DUP are right being upset about what the government in the UK are trying to do. 
I know the NIP is GOOD for NI and that they are in a better position than the rest of the UK but that isn't the point for the unionists is it . In truth the whole of the UK should have aligned and been HAPPY to align and then there would have been no need for a backstop and everyone could have moved on. Instead there is going to be no end to this as Gov.Uk haven't even implemented a border yet around the rest of the UK but are about to breach the terms of the current TCA. 

Nah, F 'em

Northern Ireland voted against brexit, perhaps in large part because the GFA is seen as a good thing. Probably a large reason why the DUP lost their election. A result the DUP do not accept as they are against democracy.

I was always amazed by people so ego-centric that they looked at Johnson and thnik "He lies to all his wives, his readers, his employers and has betrayed pretty much everyone who worked with him, but he will support me because I am so special" So of course the DUP are shocked he would betray them.

The DUP are arseholes who do not accept consequences.

HOLA4416
26 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Nah, F 'em

Northern Ireland voted against brexit, perhaps in large part because the GFA is seen as a good thing. Probably a large reason why the DUP lost their election. A result the DUP do not accept as they are against democracy.

I was always amazed by people so ego-centric that they looked at Johnson and thnik "He lies to all his wives, his readers, his employers and has betrayed pretty much everyone who worked with him, but he will support me because I am so special" So of course the DUP are shocked he would betray them.

The DUP are arseholes who do not accept consequences.

Yet the consequence to the rest of the UK of the DUP being ditched is Gov.Uk signing up to the CPTPP which will lead to greater divergence which will then have consequences in NI and the TCA  . This isn't going to go away. 

Edited by Dweller

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Dweller said:

Yet the consequence to the rest of the UK of the DUP being ditched is Gov.Uk signing up to the CPTPP which will lead to greater divergence which will then have consequences in NI and the TCA  . This isn't going to go away. 

We cannot implement our own, agreed with the EU, import controls because of the economic costs involved. 

We cannot implement a separate UK product safety regime because our manufacturers don't want it and foreign markets won't accept it.

This indicates we are very unlikely to diverge from the EU in any meaningful way, irrespective of what CPTPP rules may say.

HOLA4418
30 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

We cannot implement our own, agreed with the EU, import controls because of the ebe conomic costs involved. 

We cannot implement a separate UK product safety regime because our manufacturers don't want it and foreign markets won't accept it.

This indicates we are very unlikely to diverge from the EU in any meaningful way, irrespective of what CPTPP rules may say.

I would love to think you are right but in theory Gov.Uk can't rip up 4000+ bits of EU law or  deregulate banks /insurers etc or do anything to rock the level playing field but this lot just don't seem to care do they, they wanted the  hardest  brexit and still appear to be trying to pursue one. They are supposed to be implementing the border later this year which is why I can't understand why anyone is predicting inflation falling by the autumn! So is there any going back from the CPTPP? What if Labour got in next year (if there was an election) what would happen? London Economic said today that  joining CPTPP will mean the UK can never rejoin the EU but assume this simply means we couldn't rejoin the EU or choose to align more closely AND still be part of the CPTPP? I just feel so depressed about it all.... 

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, Dweller said:

I would love to think you are right but in theory Gov.Uk can't rip up 4000+ bits of EU law or  deregulate banks /insurers etc or do anything to rock the level playing field but this lot just don't seem to care do they, they wanted the  hardest  brexit and still appear to be trying to pursue one. They are supposed to be implementing the border later this year which is why I can't understand why anyone is predicting inflation falling by the autumn! So is there any going back from the CPTPP? What if Labour got in next year (if there was an election) what would happen? London Economic said today that  joining CPTPP will mean the UK can never rejoin the EU but assume this simply means we couldn't rejoin the EU or choose to align more closely AND still be part of the CPTPP? I just feel so depressed about it all.... 

They cannot rip up 4000+ bits of EU legistlation because there isn't any. All of these rules/regs are British legistlation and trying to pretend they are something different is a bit of lunacy that is going to end in tears if; the law actually passes.

Of the 4000+ 95%+ were supported by the government of the time and if not replaced will cause problems that will end up with court cases. 

The scale of the lunacy is well described here 

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
9 hours ago, Dweller said:

Yes, we must accept the DUP are idiots.

The outcome they imagined for brexit was that NI would be free of the Popish EU, the GFA would be torn up and they would get cushy jobs. That was silly in the first place.

This is a serious consequence, so most people who were aware of Northern Ireland voted Remain.

For balance, we must accept that this, the trade barriers and restrictions, extra red tape, worse conditions for working people, immigration from more alien lands etc are out weighted by the brexit benefits.

HOLA4423
5 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

You should get yourself over to Hartlepool and Hull. They know all about international trade deals there.

Absolute clownshows that they are. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Those are two ports.

HOLA4424
14 hours ago, dugsbody said:

It's not a single market.

While there are provisions to reduce customs checks it doesn't eliminate them just agrees standards and lack of tariff levels applied. 

Control is applied on good out i.e. exported back out of the UK 

Big "risk" in so much as it remains is via the northern Ireland border.

However, not sure in reality how profitable it would be to import say beef into Thurrock, load the trucks up and ship across to northern Ireland then down into southern Ireland illegally and take a hit on the sales price for not having right documentation... Plus any scale at risk of being caught... Rather than just importing into Rotterdam and paying the tariff.

HOLA4425