House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441

if scotland leave they would be required to take the portion of UK debt with them, as this is UK debt.

Yep. £150 billion debt to start off with and a deficit of between £10-15 billion a year.

Let's see those brand new Scottish bonds 'flying' off the shelf.

Or maybe not.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

My wife now accepts I've been right for the last ten years and if looking forward to cheaper housing.

She has two friend who completed on big expensive houses in the last 2 weeks. At least 2 if them are ######.

I suspect the young remainians ate the ones with a house/weight round their necks.

Brickin it is an ironically term for someone who wouldn't listen.

Im staying now.

I feel proud to he BRTISH.

I am not a xenophobe

I am not racism.

For the ties time since about 2011i can see light at the end of the tunnel.

HOLA443

Good post. My sentiments exactly. Pretensions to Empire are expensive in declining powers. Effectively what we are seeing in the long run is the continuation of the collapse of the British Empire all the way back to the gates of the M25 with London playing the role of a latter day Byzantium before its eventual collapse.

The plebs have been running a seige around the m25 for years. By next week we will be at the London orbital, when the bankers finally pack up frkm the city, and go back to Frankfurt we will have won.

Great British liberation.

HOLA444

I originally thought Brexit might make housing cheaper but now I'm not so sure. I think it is going to get even more expensive.

More QE (Thanks Mark)

Lower Base Rates

Cheaper Mortgages (fall in gilt yields)

Weaker pound means more foreign investment

Uncertainty means less house building from Persimmon, Taylor Wimpy etc. (Share price down by 20-30% on Friday doesn't bode well for lots of new supply)

Have the turkeys just voted for Christmas?

Trolly McTrollFace

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Howz them grapes tasting?

I was out with family friend yesterday. She is totally devastated to the point of being depressed. Quite upsetting to see and I guess I was amazed because I didn't think anyone actually really believed in all the EU crap (beyond self interest).

Realised it's a really, really tough time for remainers and I just think it is best to be sensitive to this at the moment. Even through they (generally) were terrible before hand.

Serious cognitive dissonance and inconsistent thought processes. I've experienced it for other topics in past years and not a good place mentally to be at all.

HOLA448

This Brexit isn't going to happen is it? The distractions and obfuscations are popping up all over the place. Can see the below being put out and the only party taking brexit to the people being UKIP who will get nothing out of our FPTP system...

"The consequences have been far greater than anyone ever imagined, the financial and political landscape has changed significantly since the referendum, and with that in mind would not expect the public to vote today as they had done in June.

In order to resolve the matter in a democratic way, call for the house to vote in favour of a general election in order to fully restore faith in the democratic process and let the public decide the course to take."

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Trolly McTrollFace

Being called a troll by you is a badge of honour.

I want lower house prices. If Brexit brings it then I'll be delighted. I've been waiting (impatiently) for over 8 years to buy a house.

My concern is TPTB ability to do everything it takes to maintain HPI. Why not answer my points rather than have pathetic digs?

HOLA4411

Yes, it really is going to happen, the gene has been let out of the bottle now :)

...the Europeans have said there is no way back...if the 'remainers' are looking for something outside democracy ...may i suggest they move to North Korea where maybe they will be happier..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Anyone watching Question Time on BBC1?

Had to turn it off after 5 minutes. Seems to be an exercise in bashing UKIP (no mention of the fact that Farage almost single-handedly got us here), implying racism and far-right nationalism are surging, and that all Brexiteers are racist. Oh hang on, the Guardian guy (of all people) isn't keen to argue that point. It's only Ukippers that are racist.

The Vile BBC needs hacking down. This is how much contempt they show for the electorate. No lessons have been learned, clearly. Please, for the love of all that's unholy, cancel the Telly Tax direct debit.

HOLA4415

Ugh, brown and black people on the streets are not just scared, they are terrified apparently, says the middle class white girl.

Thanks, but I'm really not scared. Im actually quite happy.

Abbott is completely wrong. Many immigrants voted to leave. We are voting against cheap labour, not races or nationality.

Edited by 999house

HOLA4416

Anyone watching Question Time on BBC1?

Had to turn it off after 5 minutes. Seems to be an exercise in bashing UKIP (no mention of the fact that Farage almost single-handedly got us here), implying racism and far-right nationalism are surging, and that all Brexiteers are racist. Oh hang on, the Guardian guy (of all people) isn't keen to argue that point. It's only Ukippers that are racist.

The Vile BBC needs hacking down. This is how much contempt they show for the electorate. No lessons have been learned, clearly. Please, for the love of all that's unholy, cancel the Telly Tax direct debit.

Still watching. A disgrace. Why are the British propaganda corporation still going with project fear? The country decided to leave so let's get on with it and try and find some vision about the future

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Anna Souffle has been in a state of severe shellshock since Friday morning. I don't think she's slept since. Next she'll be announcing she's in the running for the next Tory leader. Someone needs to tell the Small Business minister that talking down the markets and the country isn't currying much favour with small business owners. Go get some rest, and optionally, get the f*ck out of government forever you miserable cow.

HOLA4424

By the way, Podemos (wants to repeal Treaty of Lisbon) are winning in exit polls in Spain.

Where are you seeing this? Had a quick google but can't find much. Very interesting situation if they win, another force for change. If the Lisbon treaty was repealed or changed in some way then that would be twisted into a reason for a second Brexit referendum.

HOLA4425

Where are you seeing this? Had a quick google but can't find much. Very interesting situation if they win, another force for change. If the Lisbon treaty was repealed or changed in some way then that would be twisted into a reason for a second Brexit referendum.

Looks like I got it wrong. They're in 2nd place in exit polls. Apologies. Still 'good' news for Eurosceptics though:

https://www.rt.com/news/348495-spain-elections-podemos-brexit/