House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441

I watched the whole result. Sunderland reacted in this way because it was the first with a large Leave to declare. I cheered at home too when I heard it, because up to that point it seemed impossible that Leave would actually do it. After months of smears I think it was a reasonable reaction.

No other constituency reacted like that I don't think. Although the one in I think Barking did have someone shout "goodbye Brussels". How uncouth, the little people should keep shtum

+1 I'm never gonna forget staying up until well after 5 watching history in the making. Great night of chat on this forum too ??

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

This is the time to pick someone who has not rubbed so many people up the wrong way or has a massive ego, but is strong and talented, we also don't need a Corbyn in the Tory party

I keep saying it, but David Davis is just perfect, and he looks more perfect as the days pass

He would be my first choice, but I don't think he would go for it, I think he thinks he's had his day.

HOLA446

Here's a prediction for you, the French will vote in MLP next year and then they'll leave the EU as well.

That's a brave prediction.

They've made big gains in the European elections but if I recall correctly they're still pretty marginal in their National Assembly / Senate. A bit like UKIP over here

HOLA447

Nicola Sturgeon on again now.

That woman really wants to back off a little, the rest of the UK right now are trying to find stability as soon as possible and she is using this as a way of causing even more instability.. Her self importance is now starting to grate on me after initially liking her at one time,

I have her turned down by the way as I type this post, she has the same fake insincerity I used hate Tony Blair for these days, I know what she is going to say before she says it.

It is like the city of cambridge coming out as wanting to be treated differently because they voted Remain, and besides a lot of Jocks probably voted Remain just to get another anti English campaign going again

Lol +1

HOLA448
HOLA449

He would be my first choice, but I don't think he would go for it, I think he thinks he's had his day.

See, this is the problem with British politics - never giving anyone a second chance.

David Davis is one of very few politicians who comes across as genuine and sensible. I'd choose him over Bojo, Gove or (*shudder*) May any day

HOLA4410

See, this is the problem with British politics - never giving anyone a second chance.

David Davis is one of very few politicians who comes across as genuine and sensible. I'd choose him over Bojo, Gove or (*shudder*) May any day

Ex special forces (SAS?). He's got balls, and leadership. Also stood down on the 72hr detention thing, and re elected. He has principles too.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Good to see all the leaders and potential leaders (like Hilary Benn) coming out and saying the result is final. The decision has been made. Labour confirm that they would not seek to overturn the referendum choice.

Everyone, including the remain campaigners has moved into the acceptance phase and are hopefully gearing up to apply their brains to getting us out the farce that it is the EU.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Good to see all the leaders and potential leaders (like Hilary Benn) coming out and saying the result is final. The decision has been made. Labour confirm that they would not seek to overturn the referendum choice.

Everyone, including the remain campaigners has moved into the acceptance phase and are hopefully gearing up to apply their brains to getting us out the farce that it is the EU.

...agreed....in a democracy only a fool calls foul when they lose..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Nicola Sturgeon on again now.

That woman really wants to back off a little, the rest of the UK right now are trying to find stability as soon as possible and she is using this as a way of causing even more instability.. Her self importance is now starting to grate on me after initially liking her at one time,

I have her turned down by the way as I type this post, she has the same fake insincerity I used hate Tony Blair for these days, I know what she is going to say before she says it.

It is like the city of cambridge coming out as wanting to be treated differently because they voted Remain, and besides a lot of Jocks probably voted Remain just to get another anti English campaign going again

- Okay, Nicola, would you like Scotland to be part of the UK?

- No, we're tired of being dictated to by the Westminster parliament. Scotland should be independent and shape its own destiny.

- Okay, NIcola. Would you like Scotland to be part of the EU, a supranational body of 28 countries (possibly to be extended in the future), with a collective GDP nearly equal to that of the United States, with a collective population in excess of 1/2 billion people, in which Scotland would be an absolutely trivial influence and forced to negotiate with considerably more powerful and sizeable countries to even remotely influence the way that the EU treats Scotland, up against countries who not only have far more bargaining chips, but who have also forged strong links with each other over many decades, whereas Scotland has not, with whom Scotland does not share a common culture or language.

- Yes, I would. Scotland's sovereign future is as part of the EU.

- Thanks for your time, Nicola. Your Mensa application has been unsuccessful. Close the door on your way out.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

EU Army being pushed harder than ever now

https://www.rt.com/news/348429-europe-united-army-brexit/

Europe needs united army, EU parliament committee head urges after Brexit

Published time: 26 Jun, 2016 08:32

The idea of a common European military headquarters has been revived by the head of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs, shortly after the UK’s citizens voted in favor of Brexit.

“We need more cooperation in the European defense policy,” Elmar Brok told Die Welt.

The new armed forces could be modeled after the Franco-German model, making European foreign policy much more effective, Brok believes.

“We need a common (military) headquarters and a coalition (of EU countries) acting in accordance with the permanent structural cooperation of the EU Treaty. From such a group an EU army could eventually emerge,” said Brok.

A united EU armed force would “strengthen the role of Europeans in [global] security and defense policy, make Europe fulfill better its responsibilities in the world and would also achieve more synergies in defense spending,” the MEP said.

HOLA4422

Sturgeon now threatening to Veto the referendum... :ph34r:

Apparently there is a legal procedural possibility for this. The Vote Stay and Establishment will be looking at the legal implications of this very carefully. This may be a way to prevent ratification and blame it on someone else. Ms Sturgeon could yet save the UK from themselves.

HOLA4423

Scotland threatening lol lol.

They can sod off. Hopefully Scotland will leave the UK. Bet thing that could happen. Then we put up border controls on the scottish/English border.

Brexiteers may soon find their self-indulgent, nihilistic fantasies are no longer so amusing when they become a reality. What next? Perhaps we should force Northern Ireland to join the Republic and spark a civil war? Ho ho ho.

Edited by Orsino

HOLA4424
HOLA4425