GinAndPlatonic

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

For some reason you don't 'expect' people to die before they're 70. 69 seems far 'too young'.

I guess there's a lesson there to get the most out of life. People who are 35 generally don't consciously think of their life as being 'half over'.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

That's a shame about Daft Boy, remember the avatar. Funny how you can feel a kindred spirit with a community of people you have never met. Last year I was quite upset by the passing of blogger Capt. Ranty.

Alan Rickman. great actor, will live on on celluloid.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Bumped into Alan Rickman, literally, in Wallingford about 15 or so years ago. He was coming out of the cinema there, they'd spelt his name wrong on the poster for Robin Hood the guy at the ticket office said. He'd come in all theatrical to complain then stayed an hour to help coach some of the am-dram folk who were rehearsing for a play. I didn't speak to him except to say hello but the people said he was fantastic.

HOLA4419

The very same Daft Boy from on here, TMT. I guess no one told you. He was a great friend of mine. I'm sorry, too. ?

I'm utterly shocked about Daft Boy :(.

Very sorry to hear that and my condolences to you as his friend.

As for Rickman, I loved all the films he was in. Just a great, who I have watched in films for 30+ years.

I'm almost 49 yo now but still think I have more than 50 years left...

HOLA4420

I'm utterly shocked about Daft Boy :(.

Very sorry to hear that and my condolences to you as his friend.

As for Rickman, I loved all the films he was in. Just a great, who I have watched in films for 30+ years.

I'm almost 49 yo now but still think I have more than 50 years left...

Sorry to tell you - but you've got 20.

Use them wisely !!

HOLA4421

Shame about Daft Boy, I don't recall anything being posted.

On other forums where people have died there's a condolences thread as (maybe more on football forums) RL friends and family would read the forum; on one where he was a massively prolific and controversial poster we even put up a logo for a while.

HOLA4422

Not sure which cancer Rickman died of but apparently he was a heavy smoker, as was Bowie.

Now both trade marked on a rather beyond human voice which one wonders was cultivated by smoking and is much prized in the entertainment business. Rickman's was indeed a strange echoing sound that didn't appear to emanate from his mouth, it was almost ghostly in its quality. Indeed his drama tutor said it appeared to come from a drain pipe beside him, and was not impressed.

Of course, we were. May be when smoking stops we will lose the great voices of the likes of Burton and Rickman.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I didn't know about Daft Boy either, So sorry.

I loved Alan Rickman in everything, but particularly as the ghastly Obadiah Slope in Barchester Towers, and the 'ghost' in Truly, Madly, Deeply. He and Juliet Stevenson were a casting made in heaven for that one.

Shall never forget his wonderful Sheriff of Nottingham, either.

Archived