Urgent! Sexual Harrassment.

longtomsilver

HOLA441
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Agreed. A smack in the puss is the only option. If he complains ? You make it clear you will raise the sexual assault claim. He will shut up. 100% guaranteed. He is clearly a bully - only option is to deal with him in a way he will notice.

Not that I am usually a fan of violence - but in this situation - its the only way.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Call the police NOW. If they don't go around immediately try and secure evidence as well, the CCTV "tapes" might get "accidentally deleted" otherwise.

If the police don't anything then think about calling a solicitor as well, try and get the manager sacked (or asked to resign) if they aren't prepared to do that then go for the £££.

Don't go for physical assault, this type of ******* will be straight on the phone to the police or will try and get you sacked.

HOLA446

Call 101, you'll get through to a civilian call handler who'll take details and let you know what your options are.

If after the call you decide that you don't want to take it any further then that's fine anf they won't come back to you. So don't think of it as a huge drama that you need to psych yourself up for.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

There's still the under-current that this somehow funny or that LTS should man-up and lamp him one.

If it was down the pub socially then lamping him one is of course an option (happened to me, first time I warned, second time I flew at him and it was only two mates jumping on me that stopped something quite serious happening, they could see I'd lost it) but not at work.

I'd see it as my duty to get this guy sacked, if he's doing it to a grown man he'll be doing it to 18 yo bar staff too.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Call 101, you'll get through to a civilian call handler who'll take details and let you know what your options are.

If after the call you decide that you don't want to take it any further then that's fine anf they won't come back to you. So don't think of it as a huge drama that you need to psych yourself up for.

101 is a good idea. I used that when I'd had a man selling knives and kindly demonstrating how sharp the largest meat one was over the counter of my shop.

Back on topic, what has happened here highlights one of the big issues with sexual assault. It doesn't matter who it happens to, man, woman or child, the feelings are those of confusion and bafflement. It's easy to suggest lamping him and there are some that would do that but most of the time the shock and amazement almost paralyse the victim.

My youngest recently had a situation where a boy his own age ( fostered with a troublesome past) touched his bum ring whilst they were playing rugby. My son went nuts with him and the boy tried to cover it up suggesting that was a normal rugby tackle. My boy went down to the carer and told straight away. Apparently this was not the first time this kid had done this sort of thing. Not all kids or adults would be so confident to say something. After all this is what sexual predators rely on.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

As others have said, you're dealing with a bully who will do this to other, more vulnerable people in future - if he is not already doing so. On that basis I think you almost have a responsibility to go to the rozzers. If you tw@t him one, all you've done is get him off your back and possibly opened up hassle for yourself.

If you're worried about the reaction of people you know, they should soon settle down when they realise you reported it to stop other, younger staff from facing the same, and that violence would have impacted your ability to do that. And frankly, anyone who ignores that and starts intimating that you're a pussy is probably all mouth and no trousers anyway.

HOLA4416

It's still double standards, if it was a 16 yo girl crying herself to sleep after it nobody would be taking the piss.

Possibly, but then she wouldn't've posted here. We "know" LTS, and we've had some serious responses in this thread.

You might also want to think this through. If it was a newspaper report of a story where "boss touched my bottom inappropriately" had led to police action and serious consequences, HPC consensus would tend to the view that the response had been OTT, and would pose questions like did [victim] even ask [perpetrator] to stop before escalating?

HOLA4417

Possibly, but then she wouldn't've posted here. We "know" LTS, and we've had some serious responses in this thread.

You might also want to think this through. If it was a newspaper report of a story where "boss touched my bottom inappropriately" had led to police action and serious consequences, HPC consensus would tend to the view that the response had been OTT, and would pose questions like did [victim] even ask [perpetrator] to stop before escalating?

I suspect even the HPC massive would find a report of getting your face licked by your manager beyond the pale, and not simply a bit of larking around. You don't simply ask someone to stop with the unwanted attention under such circumstances at work - it should never have arisen.

HOLA4418

It's still double standards, if it was a 16 yo girl crying herself to sleep after it nobody would be taking the piss.

We are our own worst enemy, when it comes to stuff like this. From taking the pi$$ to offering really bad advice - I know of one bloke I used to work with was being abused by his (nasty council estate trash) wife, he got wound-up something chronic by the guys he worked with and eventually listened to their advice. Needless to say he lost everything.

A woman would never get that sort advice from her workmates - it'd be either call the police or go to a shelter.

HOLA4419

I suspect even the HPC massive would find a report of getting your face licked by your manager beyond the pale, and not simply a bit of larking around. I had my bottom gently slapped by a female manager once as I was bending over a table to plug something. However inappropriate it was (I was actually rather amused)- it was a league away from the previous assault I'd experienced.

Whoops, I didn't even notice the licked face bit :o Does the boss in question have four legs and fur?

HOLA4420

As others have said to the OP, the correct course of action is:

formal report to management with a formal request to retain the CCTV tapes (or they WILL be deleted)

formal report to police for assault

both in writing.

anything else and either the perp or the company can wriggle out of it.

and don't answer any questions from them such as 'what would you like to happen' or 'what do you want'. That way they can spin it as possible extortion. Just keep saying you are reporting sexual harassment and assault and you want them to handle it in line with company policy and UK law.

edit: even if you might come to terms with the assault, you don't know who else he will attack in future. You have an obligation to future victims.

HOLA4421

...you're dealing with a bully who will do this to other, more vulnerable people in future - if he is not already doing so. On that basis I think you almost have a responsibility to go to the rozzers. If you tw@t him one, all you've done is get him off your back and possibly opened up hassle for yourself.

If you're worried about the reaction of people you know, they should soon settle down when they realise you reported it to stop other, younger staff from facing the same, and that violence would have impacted your ability to do that...

This.

HOLA4422

I think Ms Battenberg is right. If some bloke started groping me at work, I would be too surprised to "lamp him". He might hear some "nautical language" though.

I've worked with some very gay blokes, and they wouldn't behave like this.

If a woman got a bit over fruity, I wouldn't be bothered so much, although it is still wrong at work.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Like some other posters, I'm certain that in longtom's circumstances, I'd have seen the red-mist and simply nutted the dirty twät.

But then I'm a bit of a dinosaur from a time when most problems at work were sorted out in the car-park..! :)

Seriously though, this nasty little bully needs sorting out - and these days that means you have to report this bell-end to the bobbies.

Unless of course you live anywhere near me, in which case I would be happy to pop down your pub one night this week and offer some "moral support"...!

;)

XYY

HOLA4425

I have had several instances of sexual harassment over the years. I have never reported anybody, either to senior management or to the police. Only once did I even tell my husband. That was a mistake as he took matters into his own hands and all hell let loose. I left that job. Another position I just left and said nothing to anybody. Now I wish I had handled things through proper processes. That grubby uncomfortable feeling doesn’t just go away longtom, it hangs about like a bad smell, inadvertently affecting you in all sorts of ways.

Nobody has the right to make another person feel like that. You have done nothing wrong. Report him to both police and management.

Archived