House Price Crash Forum

Lib Dems Help To Rent Scheme

HOLA441
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I think a few of us have joked that this would be the next thing. I guess it was only a matter of time. :wacko:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/10/help-to-rent-scheme-for-young-people-proposed-by-liberal-democrats

Looks very good...if you are a landlord. When is someone going to help the tenants?

Edited by RentierParadisio

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

This is very bad news......rents and homes are already far too high, why are they still encouraging already indebted people to continue to borrow their futures just to help landowners and rentiers, keeping them in a manner they have been accustomed to. No easy money = lower rents and house prices.

Madness....keep pushing the ponzi, why don't you....... Money is not worth the paper it is printed on and the debt will never be repaid......add it to the deficit.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I have said this before, but it warrants saying again...

No matter how hard a person outside the strange world of politics tries, she would be hard pressed to come up with ideas as stupid as the ones dreamt up by politicians and their advisers. No matter what she was smoking.

It really is total lunacy now.

The one saving grace for this particular hair brained scheme is that the lib dems have so little chance of being in a position to implement it that, for now at least, it isn't likely to happen.

But don't put it past the genius policy dreamer uppers in other parties to take a fancy to it sometime in the future.

Edited by pipllman

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I never knew there was rented property ladder too....

“They simply can’t find the up front costs to move into rented accommodation, so move back or stay with their own parents. That’s obviously unfair on them, because it means they’re just not getting their feet on the rung of the rented property ladder.”

I loathe the lib/lab/con

Edited by LiveinHope

HOLA4412

Each time any of them bring out a new borrowing or gift policy in order to live, you can see this country is going to financial pot.....in the past your wage and work security meant all people could pay their own way in life....no longer, debt to learn, debt to live.

Something is very seriously wrong, and it is not getting better, it is getting worse.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Lol! That is genuinely hilarious. I can imagine all the students they shafted just queueing up to bend over and take another one up the jacksy.

Why is the solution to things being expensive always - "you need to borrow more"

IMO it's because we have a debt based monetary system but a debt-soaked populace. The young represent the only untapped source of potential borrowers with a reasonable probability of being able to pay it all back. Offering them £1.5-2k loans in early adulthood is somewhat akin to giving out free heroin samples at the school gates if you ask me.

HOLA4415

Its actually because it all goes towards GDP and tax take.

Give someone 2k to go into rented housing instead of living at home, suddenly you have an extra 10k into GDP. + another full set of bills, gas, elected, council tax, TV license. Probably a parking permit. Maybe some new furniture, so crockery and a microwave. If you are lucky a few quid back in income tax from the landlord, and some from the ea.

HOLA4416

Easy....don't vote for them unless they see the light.

Unfortuantely as the idea has surfaced it will be picked up by all the main 3 (if Lib Dems can be considered one of them still). I also wouldn't be surprised if UKIP go with it :(

One way or another these the parasites in these lot will wedge their way into power.

HOLA4417

Clegg said the fact that young people were unable to move out of their parents’ homes had a negative effect on the property market.

Don't have to read too much into this to find out who or what Cluggy is looking to help.

LibLabCon ----- Utter disgrace.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

If you're living at home rent free - which is apparently the demographic who this scheme is targeted at - then the deposit should take 4-6 weeks to save. What on earth is the point of this? What next? Government backed loans to pay the rent?

Yes they aren't stupid. What it really means is that a load of people get access to a 2.5% APR 24 month loan to spend on consumer goods.

HOLA4420

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/10/help-to-rent-scheme-for-young-people-proposed-by-liberal-democrats

“They simply can’t find the up front costs to move into rented accommodation, so move back or stay with their own parents. That’s obviously unfair on them, because it means they’re just not getting their feet on the rung of the rented property ladder.”

What the hell is the "rented property ladder"?!

HOLA4421

What the hell is the "rented property ladder"?!

Beat me to it. Seriously how sick are these people?

HOLA4422

little wonga.

actually, I'm not surprised...didnt the australian gov. gift everybody $2000 at somepoint in recent times?

I just wish they would stop helping. It is the help that is the problem. If the help is removed, the parasites/landlords wont get the fix they need and will adjust. End of story.

I know henceforth, any place I decide to rent the deposit WILL be...(thumbsucks a figure...)..oh £2000. I'm shocked /sarcasm.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425