House Price Crash Forum

You Know You're Getting On When..

DTMark

HOLA441

Went to an eat-in fish and chip shop in Chester-le-Street recently, and me and Mrs XYY were asked if we wanted the pensioner's special by the spotty oik on the counter.

She's 50 and I'm 49... :(

Friend of mine had that not so long ago, in his early/mid 50s. He says after just a moments hesitation to swallow his indignation he smiled and accepted the pensioner discount.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

I felt quite old when a girl I went out with when I was at school announced that she had become a Grandmother. I'm also constantly putting things down and losing them in the house. A pack of socks I mislaid last month turned up in a frying pan in the spare room.

HOLA444

I felt quite old when a girl I went out with when I was at school announced that she had become a Grandmother. I'm also constantly putting things down and losing them in the house. A pack of socks I mislaid last month turned up in a frying pan in the spare room.

:D

HOLA445
HOLA446

It's when going to converse with a 'younger person' e.g. a bar person or one of my daughter's friends, there is both a mixture of 'strain' in their faces as though because of my age I'm going to speak in an almost unintelligible foreign language combined with the 'respect/fear' that is due to the old and 'sorrow'.

"During the war..."

HOLA447

Years ago, I would exert myself in the bedroom and be ready to go again in 30 seconds.

Now I exert myself in the bedroom and it's 3 days before I can walk again :)

P

ah yes .. the male refractory period certainly stretches out as you age.

at 56 it now can take me upwards of 40 minutes to summon up the resources for an encore

.. which worried me until I learned via google that some men of my age can expect to wait 8 (or more) HOURS!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Back problems and the odd touch of what I suspect is gout. Not fancying drinking as much and worrying about the hangover if I do.

Plenty of others though are things I've done all my life (I was once called a grumpy old man - when I was about 11 or 12).

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Elder daughter told me the other day that there's a big school reunion this year - it'll be TWENTY years - eeek! - since her year left.

Really made me feel ancient, that did. Shall have to pay a visit to my mother's care home - nothing like seeing all those truly decrepit old things to make you feel like a spring chicken again.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Back problems and the odd touch of what I suspect is gout. Not fancying drinking as much and worrying about the hangover if I do.

Plenty of others though are things I've done all my life (I was once called a grumpy old man - when I was about 11 or 12).

At 50 my flexibility is rubbish. There is an advert for private health currently running showing a bloke touching his toes with straight legs (after back surgery) under the headline getting there gradually. Like you are disabled if you can't and need medical intervention. Well I can't get anywhere near.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived