• Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Mine still has a cassette player only....but I have a cassette that plugs in that is linked to a cd player that I put on the passenger seat to play my CDs as required. ;)

That's true HPC spirit. I hope you keep a bic pen in the car so you can wind the tape if it spills out.

HOLA448

That's true HPC spirit. I hope you keep a bic pen in the car so you can wind the tape if it spills out.

Happy New Year in BallyBonking! We are OK in Turnipshire!

HOLA449

For me (as a computer programmer) it's not being interested in new computer hardware any more. I'm still interested in the software side of things. I used to get excited about acquiring a new PC, but now I strongly dislike it, because I know it will take me a couple of days to configure it and install the software that will allow me to continue doing my job. The only reason I upgrade hardware now is to get access to new versions of Windows.

Maybe it's partly because desktop PCs reached the "more processing power than you will ever need" level for me about 10 years ago.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

You no longer fantasise about your wife's friends, and start fantasising about your daughter's friends. *

*Everyone in this glib comment is over 18yo.

I was going to say: as a bog-standard hetero male, I spend much of my day walking past women and subconciously rating them "yes/no/even ccc would say no".

It used to be that any girl that looked under 18 was an automatic "no", for obvious moral reasons.

In my late 30s, I realised that this limit was creeping upwards - girls in their early 20s, well, frankly, were simply not appealing.

This realisation came as a shock - I was getting older.

HOLA4413

More people are looking younger than older than you.....when you have no desire to celebrate new year or go out partying or clubbing.....when good food,a good book,radio,music, long walks and a good view beats crowds, queues,traffic jams, smogg and shopping.

Well said, Winkie.

;)

Happy New Year everyone!

Hope 2015 turns out to be HPC-tastic. :D

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I loved crowds, people, going places, meeting up,the more the merrier.... Remember when Brent Cross first opened its doors, what a novelty an eye opener, a child in a toy shop..shopping at Chelsea Girl and Jane Norman with the girls, for the latest newest fashions and make up.....now buy the same stuff in the charity shop.....The charity shops have changed, years ago they smelt of old people wee and mould all shoved on a rail, you just wouldn't go there, would have ruined your street cred big time.....not now.

The smell's still there - you just don't notice it... :D

HOLA4419

Your wife has thrown out the last remaining item of clothing in your wardrobe that you wore you wore whilst a student :(

(or in my case you find yourself cleaning your shoes with it!)

Today I'm wearing a jumper I bought in 2007 :)

HOLA4420

Went to an eat-in fish and chip shop in Chester-le-Street recently, and me and Mrs XYY were asked if we wanted the pensioner's special by the spotty oik on the counter.

She's 50 and I'm 49... :(

XYY

I used to frequent the chippe in Consett when I live there, very nice to. There's a chippe in Durham which uses beef dripping to fry the chips I thinks it was called Bells.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Amateur ;)

Yesterday I had a shirt on that I was given for Xmas 28 years ago and a jumper 26 years ago. In fact nothing less that 12 months old.

Hardcore, I still have clothes from uni circa 2001 unfortunately I'm a fat basterd now and they don't fit :blink:

HOLA4423

I used to frequent the chippe in Consett when I live there, very nice to. There's a chippe in Durham which uses beef dripping to fry the chips I thinks it was called Bells.

Aye Bell's is still going strong - you pay Durham city prices, but it is an excellent plate of fish and chips.

XYY

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived