20% Off Your First Home -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

We'll get crazy when ed milliband leads a ragtag bunch of 4 or 5 "progressive" parties in the next government.

It will be a the man with no leadership abilities leading the unleadable.

Major GBP currency crisis and run on the pound.

Edited by Si1

HOLA444

We'll get crazy when ed milliband leads a ragtag bunch of 4 or 5 "progressive" parties in the next government.

It will be a the man with no leadership abilities leading the unleadable.

Major GBP currency crisis and run on the pound.

7th May is goint to be a night to remember, there's no doubt about that one. Hold onto your hats!

HOLA445

7th May is going to be a night to remember, there's no doubt about that one. Hold onto your hats!

Let's hope so.

Something needs to shake the great British public out of its stupor. After 20-30 years of this you would think they'd be wise to the empty promises and fear campaigning - and the bribes.

HOLA446

Let's hope so.

Something needs to shake the great British public out of its stupor. After 20-30 years of this you would think they'd be wise to the empty promises and fear campaigning - and the bribes.

When you're a constant recipient of bribes you probably think you're special and deserving anyway

HOLA447
HOLA448

Housing seems to be the cornerstone of the Tory election campaign.

Cameron blathering on about it now on BBC News....... "people said Help-to-Buy would cause a housing bubble, it hasn't"........ pushing "Right-to-Buy"..........all from the man who criticised Labour's housing bubble in the run-up to the last election......... sickeningly smug hypocrisy........... roll on May 7th.

Edit: BBC poll of polls now showing....

LAB 34%

CON 33%

UKIP 13%

LD 8%

GRN 7%

OTH 6%

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA449
HOLA4410

The Conservatives had their chance to fix housing but they blew it.

Before the election they were making the right noises. Three years ago they were talking about planning reform etc.

Then they gave up on sensible government, hired Carney, and went for broke with Help to Buy.

When challenged on housing, my local Conservative candidate just asks me if I've considered Shared Ownership. He's young enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he'd signed up himself.

I really hope people aren't so stupid as to be taken in by more of these 'helpful' government schemes. These 'starter homes' are going to be bedsit-esque work pods (official government 'affordable housing' site First Steps is already pushing these places - http://www.pocketliving.com/) or cardboard commuter boxes. 200k of them isn't enough. And in my world, things are actually worth what people are willing to pay for them, not a fantasy figure 25% higher than you can then 'discount' to buy votes with.

The Conservatives had their chance at my vote - if they'd fixed the economy like they promised I would have considered voting against my natural political leanings. But it's far too late now.

Edited by irrationalactor

HOLA4411

The Conservatives had their chance to fix housing but they blew it.

Before the election they were making the right noises. Three years ago they were talking about planning reform etc.

Then they gave up on sensible government, hired Carney, and went for broke with Help to Buy.

When challenged on housing, my local Conservative candidate just asks me if I've considered Shared Ownership. He's young enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he'd signed up himself.

I really hope people aren't so stupid as to be taken in by more of these 'helpful' government schemes. These 'starter homes' are going to be bedsit-esque work pods (official government 'affordable housing' site First Steps is already pushing these places - http://www.pocketliving.com/) or cardboard commuter boxes. 200k of them isn't enough. And in my world, things are actually worth what people are willing to pay for them, not a fantasy figure 25% higher than you can then 'discount' to buy votes with.

The Conservatives had their chance at my vote - if they'd fixed the economy like they promised I would have considered voting against my natural political leanings. But it's far too late now.

These flats are 230k, for that you get a bedroom, a living room and a shower room. Just think about that for a moment, these are marketed at 230k for people who earn less than 40k per year apparently, what nonsense.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

BBC News interviewed a first time buyer, who amongst other things, said that the Tories had pumped up an existing housing bubble another 20% with Help to Buy and are now, ironically, offering the 20% back with their new give-away.

....in return for their house builder mates getting tax breaks.

Excuse me if I dont celebrate.

#Scum

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

BBC News interviewed a first time buyer, who amongst other things, said that the Tories had pumped up an existing housing bubble another 20% with Help to Buy and are now, ironically, offering the 20% back with their new give-away.

How the hell did he get through the net? Somebody's going to get it for allowing that to go out on Pravda.

HOLA4417
Guest UK Debt Slave

It sounds like they're going to be offered at getting on for their market value.

Take an additional 20% off and they'd be almost at their true market value.

It's the Conservative (and LibDem) free market :lol::lol::lol:

(there just aren't enough :lol: to fit the policy without clogging up the entire internet)

The joke is, this insane, hamfisted idea will just push prices up another 20% and the net result will be another victory for the bankers and government in stamp duty revenues.

Sadly, people will fall for this nonsense.

It will achieve precisely NOTHING

Edited by UK Debt Slave

HOLA4418

These flats are 230k, for that you get a bedroom, a living room and a shower room. Just think about that for a moment, these are marketed at 230k for people who earn less than 40k per year apparently, what nonsense.

How many years do people have to now live in university style accommodation?....paying £230k for the privilege....they should be thankful they have got the debts, the full time job and the box that comes with it to kip and cook in. ;)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Is anyone expecting a formal legal challenge to this on grounds of age discrimination?

I am very surprised that more has not been made of age discrimination in MSM - you only ever see it mentioned in the comments below articles, but I certainly hope that there will be a formal legal challenge to help scupper this latest ruse.

Edited by FedupTeddiBear