House Price Crash Forum

American Civil Unrest

HOLA441

The heavy handed US police are essentially ruining it for the corporations that run the country, they have forgotten that the whole reason for the over the top arbitrary fining is not just to obtain revenue, it is also to provide enough "inmates" for the privately owned and run jail system which is run for profit, I don't think that its a surprise that the poorest people are targeted in searches and stop, they are less likely to be able to buy their way to freedom, they who prison industry needs to make its money...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

This violence is the result of the police shooting an eighteen year old black man a week last Saturday.

The stories of American cops shooting people, their dogs, their kids, their property, are legion.

Ferguson is being portrayed as a race thing. I think that we are witnessing a backlash against American cops shooting the people they are supposed to protect.

An al and vaginal cavity searches being carried out on the side of the road are just one other example of american police lawlessness.

HOLA443

I presume by feral animals you mean their police, who have killed two civilians so far.

Or perhaps you believe that arrests and trials are an inconvenience, and summary execution for jaywalking is the way forward.

Be careful what you wish for.

I mean what I said in the first place. They are rioting before anyone has any real information on what happened and who is to blame. That is animalistic in my book.

If you have evidence he was 'executed for jaywalking' please, go to the US authorities, I'm sure they'll be very pleased someone can deliver decisive evidence.

HOLA444

This violence is the result of the police shooting an eighteen year old black man a week last Saturday.

The stories of American cops shooting people, their dogs, their kids, their property, are legion.

Ferguson is being portrayed as a race thing. I think that we are witnessing a backlash against American cops shooting the people they are supposed to protect.

An al and vaginal cavity searches being carried out on the side of the road are just one other example of american police lawlessness.

Yes, at least 400 people are killed by cop in the US every year, for the last 10 years. But over 100 cops are killed in the line of duty every year as well. A black thing...I doubt it, only 25% of those killed are black, and while that's well above black % of the population, its well below the black % of violent criminals.

Its not exactly a safe environment for the police either.

HOLA445

I mean what I said in the first place. They are rioting before anyone has any real information on what happened and who is to blame. That is animalistic in my book.

If you have evidence he was 'executed for jaywalking' please, go to the US authorities, I'm sure they'll be very pleased someone can deliver decisive evidence.

What 'has happened' is that two civilans have been killed by police. The first one was not even armed.

HOLA446
HOLA447

What 'has happened' is that two civilans have been killed by police. The first one was not even armed.

Nor was Anthony bruno armed. Of course, he doesn't have the excuse of being black, so even though it occurred in the same state, not one really cares.

US Cops operate on the basis that as a suspect, unless you are complete brain-moron with a death wish, if they have their weapons drawn, you aren't going to run towards them unless you expect to get shot.

HOLA448

" in Ferguson, 86 percent of vehicle stops “involved a black motorist, although blacks make up just 67 percent of the population.” In addition, blacks stopped in Ferguson “are almost twice as likely as whites to be searched (12.1 percent versus 6.9 percent) and twice as likely to be arrested (10.4 percent versus 5.2 percent)”. Searches of blacks only results in discovery of contraband 21.7 percent of the time, whereas contraband is recovered from their less frequently stopped white counterparts 34.0 percent of the time. "

“Despite Ferguson’s relative poverty, fines and court fees comprise the second largest source of revenue for the city, a total of 2,635,400,”. And in 2013, the Ferguson Municipal Court issued 24,532 arrest warrants and 12,018 cases, “or about 3 warrants and 1.5 cases per household.”

http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-profiling-police-courts-shooting-264744?piano_d=1

Doesn't prove anything (racially)

Black motorists here are far more likely to be implicated than there...by a database that has zero access to racial statistics.

http://www.amren.com/news/2006/05/cameras_set_rac/

HOLA449

He was out robbing a mans business, its just a pity the small guy he was stealing from didnt shoot him inbetween the eyes, then we wouldnt have to hear about this scums death.

All i see is the usual professional black people whining as they always do and playing the victim ... pity they never bring up the fact that black people are far more racist and violent then whites.

IM working now but there are stats in the US that show how disproportionately black thugs target whites.

But the liberals and professional blacks will never even recognise this fact let alone mention it.

Theyre as in denial as a LABCON politician about the property bubble.

HOLA4410

He was out robbing a mans business, its just a pity the small guy he was stealing from didnt shoot him inbetween the eyes, then we wouldnt have to hear about this scums death.

All i see is the usual professional black people whining as they always do and playing the victim ... pity they never bring up the fact that black people are far more racist and violent then whites.

IM working now but there are stats in the US that show how disproportionately black thugs target whites.

But the liberals and professional blacks will never even recognise this fact let alone mention it.

The trouble is, if you mention this, people interpret it as racism.

Believe me, I lean far more to the side of 'nuture' rather than 'nature'

Many blacks in the US grow up in deplorable conditions. Ergo, many go on to become criminals. When there is a black middle class comparable to the white middle class. A black two-parent family rate similar to the white two-parent family rate and about 100 other things, blacks will likely commit crime at the same rate as whites. Until then...

That may be regrettable, but its not the fault of the police. They are supposed to maintain law and order, not work as child minders or physchologists.

HOLA4411

Nor was Anthony bruno armed. Of course, he doesn't have the excuse of being black, so even though it occurred in the same state, not one really cares.

US Cops operate on the basis that as a suspect, unless you are complete brain-moron with a death wish, if they have their weapons drawn, you aren't going to run towards them unless you expect to get shot.

I'm sorry, where do we have evidence that he rushed the cops? From eye witness accounts and the lack of power traces on his clothes from the autoposy the evidence points to exactly the opposite.

HOLA4412

They're just exercising one of those quaint Yank freedoms...the right to bear arms against the State.

Leads to escalation though doesn't it. You see it in their gear and the armoured vehicles the 'police' have etc.

Americans don't have the right to bear arms against the state. They have the right to form armed citizen's militias (yeomanry) for national defence rather than be compelled to join a standing army maintained by the state. It dates from a time when unofficial conscription via press gangs etc was rife in both Great Britain and the American colonies. I agree with the idea in principle, unfortunately it doesn't quite work in practice.

HOLA4413

Americans don't have the right to bear arms against the state. They have the right to form armed citizen's militias (yeomanry) for national defence rather than be compelled to join a standing army maintained by the state. It dates from a time when unofficial conscription via press gangs etc was rife in both Great Britain and the American colonies. I agree with the idea in principle, unfortunately it doesn't quite work in practice.

yes they do.

if duly elected officials, legislative,executive or judicial(including law enforcement officials), are acting in a manner in violation of their constitutional oath,the yanks have very similar rights as we do did.

ie right of petition, with a set amount of time to make restitutuion,

if still in violation after such petition has been raised, and said time period has expired, then use of force CAN be warranted.

when the likes of kissinger et al, are ON THE RECORD, stating "the illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little longer"

..That statement in itself is open confession of sedition(or treason if he has taken US citezenship)...which DOES give the people the right to impeach ,try and punish.That's a capital offence!!.

HOLA4414

Liveleak is awash with trigger happy US police shooting in unnecessary circumstances.

Certainly wouldn't be allowed in the UK.

The local residents probably have justified grievances.....

HOLA4415

Liveleak is awash with trigger happy US police shooting in unnecessary circumstances.

Certainly wouldn't be allowed in the UK.

The local residents probably have justified grievances.....

Ive no doubt the police kill for fun, but in this case they done the world a favour.

From personal experience i can confirm the British police are happy to hit people in handcuffs who they have wrongly identified.

HOLA4416

I'm sorry, where do we have evidence that he rushed the cops? From eye witness accounts and the lack of power traces on his clothes from the autoposy the evidence points to exactly the opposite.

And, if he was rushing toward the cops, he would presumably have injuries incurred as he felt flat on his face at speed after they shot him in the head.

I'm quite willing to believe that it was a legitimate shooting, but one thing US cops have long demonstrated is that they'll shoot first and lie later. Only a trial is likely to bring out the real facts here.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

the second amendment refers to the protection of the free state..a state Government that is turning against the state, ie the people is illegitimate and the rightful target of the free state militias. ie, a government that acts against the free state is the enemy of the free state.

Based on Old English Law apparently.

HOLA4419

All this is apparently spurious, because it is reported that the policeman who shot the alleged robber was unaware, at the time, that there had been a robbery.

So the issue is not that the man was shot (summarily executed) for robbery, but that a cop decided that an unarmed man should be shot dead on the streets, having been stopped for jaywalking (which isn't even a crime in the UK, for comparison).

Even if the man was threatening, it defies credibility that it was necessary to fell him with about half a dozen shots, especially as witnesses claim that he had his hands up.

One or two shots should have been sufficient to immobilise him.

What the USA has is an out-of-control police force in some areas, that executes people summarily and unnecessarily.

To those who cry "don't criticise the cops, we don't know all the facts yet!", well we don't know if the shot man was the robber either. But minds have been made up there too...

A trial would sort things out. But the execution has taken place, so there will be no trial.

To those idiots who would like to see this sort of police action in the UK, for God's sake don't step on a crack in the pavement. A cop might kill you.

HOLA4420

Police in Brevard County, Florida have bought eight Apache attack helicopters.

10580129_10152693559939993_4526296557514

via Rick Falkvinge FB Page

The militarization of police in the US reaches new levels. Police in Brevard, Florida, USA have bought eight AH-64D Apache gunships.

Eight heavy attack helicopters! That’s enough to defend (or invade) a small country. What are the civilian police supposed to do with that kind of equipment, shoot graffiti? With hundreds of Hellfire anti-tank missiles and 30-millimeter autocannons?

Of all the military equipment police havethese days in ole’ Americana, this is the most insane. At least until some police dept. in some podunk Iowa town decides they want a M1A1 Abrams anyways. Below you will see what Apaches are capable of doing. I ask you this, why do they need this?

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/08/brevard-county-fl-police-buy-8-apache-attack-helicopters-video-3015764.html

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I went to America twice and I never had that fun!

HOLA4424

Police in Brevard County, Florida have bought eight Apache attack helicopters.

Even by your standards that is ridiculous.

Ignoring for a second the fact that the Brevard county police do not have the budget to operate a squadron of attack helicopters, the giveaway is in the source documents which state "Important: There is no information about which agency received a given piece of equipment. Items that went to a county could have been given to a state agency based in that county."

We are therefore left with a choice between believing that a local police force has decided to arm itself with a squadron of anti tank helicopters or that those helicopters were in fact delivered to Patrick Air Force base, which is also in Brevard county.

HOLA4425

Archived