House Price Crash Forum

If You Were To Meet David Cameron In He Next 7 Days

quad

HOLA441

If you were in a position to potentially meet and greet the Man himself in person in the next 7 days,how would you prepare in advance and what would you say or do.

Lets asume that you would not go off on a rant in front of him and a room full of others.

but a quick hello and handshake, and the chance to pass him a letter, usb, video,etc

What would you write and how would you approach giving him the all important HPC message.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

If you were in a position to potentially meet and greet the Man himself in person in the next 7 days,how would you prepare in advance and what would you say or do.

Lets asume that you would not go off on a rant in front of him and a room full of others.

but a quick hello and handshake, and the chance to pass him a letter, usb, video,etc

What would you write and how would you approach giving him the all important HPC message.

Well, I wouldn't expect him to have time for a memory stick or video, or to read a letter, especially by 'me'.

The opportunity you have is the short window of time during the handshake to convey three things, i) what you do, ii) why you are interesting and iii) an issue of importance that you can help with. I would like to get involved with...who should I talk to, and then hope he asks an advisor to talk with you further.

I'd focus on 4 sentences. If it turns into a conversation so be it.

Anyway, that is how I would approach it

I am assuming that you are in a line up and have not been invited to No 10 for a specific briefing.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

It would make no difference and even if you got a response it would be full of the usual glib guff - "we're listening, right thing to do, hard working families, backing Britain, there is no bubble etc etc.

The Conservative party was intensely disliked (to say the very least) by lots of people when they were last in power and towards the end even by their own very long term supporters. They knew it full well but it made not a jot of difference to their policies while they were in power.

The ballot box counts to some extent and not voting for the LabLibCon con.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4412

"If you explain clearly how higher debt resolves the issue of high housing costs then generation rent might vote for you. If there is no explanation, find something that does resolve the issue and they will vote for you en mass, repeatedly"

Of course I won't meet him, he wouldn't listen if I did and not voting for him or his party.

It would be an interesting (when rephrased as a) question for the 2015 election debate. If Farage was there would he give an HPC friendly answer over and above "less immigrants in the future equals lower rises in the future" aka, it will get worse slower if you vote for us...

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I would shake his hand warmly, wink and say "Nice try with HTB, but what are you going to do for the next bank bailout, how will you spin it?" Then just smile and wait for an answer. For added effect you could cling on to his hand longer than comfortable like they do in all those world leader meet and greets for the camera :lol: In actual fact the guy is not worth talking to, I would just laugh loudly as he passed by in all probability.

HOLA4415

The first thought I had was a quick knee in the gonads. The second thought was exactly the same. So I'll stick with it.

As for preparation - buy some kneepads.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

It will be water off a ducks back no matter what you say. He must get attempted concise points made to him all the time from joe public. The fact is even if you had an hour with him he wouldn't leave that meeting with a new understanding of the world. Talk about the housing crisis and you'd get some preprepared help to buy spiel. Its not that they don't know the problems, they have their solutions and thats all there is to it.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

It will be water off a ducks back no matter what you say. He must get attempted concise points made to him all the time from joe public. The fact is even if you had an hour with him he wouldn't leave that meeting with a new understanding of the world. Talk about the housing crisis and you'd get some preprepared help to buy spiel. Its not that they don't know the problems, they have their solutions and thats all there is to it.

Not sure any more if Joe Public can formulate concise points to be honest, especially where housing is concerned, but I think the minders keep these types insulated from the public, unless it is specially vetted people (HTB Morons etc.) Any challenges rarely make it to TV screens anyway? Three moments stick in my mind of a P.M being caught off guard, Blair and some woman going mental about schools was it? Thatcher being confronted during a phone in about the Falklands I think, and Thatcher being cornered by Bob Geldof about probably Aid or Third World debt or something. The details are foggy, but the interruption to the script stands out. The PTB have tightened up the way the agenda is presented in uninterrupted fashion since these incidents.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Going about it the wrong way I think.

You have to offer him something. He will get one lines smart questions and statements from people everyday who have had time to prepare and think about their one single perfectly calculated trigonometric "torpedo". You will just get a preset phrase in return so he doesn't look stupid. That is the politicians main prerogative!

Meeting a man with power with a 2 minute window isn't about trying to change the course he or she is on. That course is already pre-determined higher up than the Prime Minister and some time ago. Remember, you are a NOBODY! I shall call this Facebook syndrome - everyone thinks they are "special". Well you're just a number until you have power, influence, riches and/or fame.

I would be friendly and tell them about you, your measured views on housing (but you've already worked out it will be more help to buy schemes- so why bother?) and leave your details so you can contact each other later IF he thinks you are worth it. Then with a new contact in your personal network you'll get nods on where to put your money and when. This has been happening for years - look at the government preferred charities/lobbyists, businesses with government contracts etc. And on a bigger level, overseas aid so our exports for goods, and arms remain strong. Perhaps he may have a job for you in his network if you have the right skills and contacts. It is not what you know but who you know.

Oh and learn the Secret Handshake too. :P;)

Edited by 200K

HOLA4425