House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
47 minutes ago, markyh said:

Looks like IPO is on 14th April.  I shall be selling my Paypal and Square at a nice profit, and some more low performing UK stocks in my SIPP and buying at least £20k-£30k of Coinbase IPO.

I know about the IPO but some people are buying and selling now on a Nasdaq pre market.

HOLA443
26 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Bit of an aside but might be interesting to some. 

People's Expensive NFTs Keep Vanishing. This Is Why 

A step to far for me, anyone who pays more than few quid for any jpg is an idiot. They ban be copied a "billion" times or more, everyone in the world could have that jpg on their PC or phone, either as a copy of the jpg itself or a renamed screenshot , snip. 

Would anyone pay $500+ for an .mp3 file?  Because the seller said, it's a really rare .mp3. 

Show me a future where it is proven via blockchain only you own it, access to it, only you can view it, and you can get automatic royalties from any use of a "copy images" automatically on the Web, etc. 

Until then. No Thanks.  

No keys, No coins. 

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, markyh said:

A step to far for me, anyone who pays more than few quid for any jpg is an idiot. They ban be copied a "billion" times or more, everyone in the world could have that jpg on their PC or phone, either as a copy of the jpg itself or a renamed screenshot , snip. 

Would anyone pay $500+ for an .mp3 file?  Because the seller said, it's a really rare .mp3. 

Show me a future where it is proven via blockchain only you own it, access to it, only you can view it, and you can get automatic royalties from any use of a "copy images" automatically on the Web, etc. 

Until then. No Thanks.  

No keys, No coins. 

onlyfans has expensive jpegs 

HOLA445
12 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

I know about the IPO but some people are buying and selling now on a Nasdaq pre market.

They are rich, you are are a pleb, plebs buy after IPO on the open market to pump the big boys bags.  Maybe if you have £20m to spend and are registered as and institutional grade investor / banker, they will let you play early. 

You £5k you want to put in is their lunch bill. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
8 minutes ago, longgone said:

I hope all the worlds callgirls and prozzies dont all switch to this, rather than send money to see only girls on video in underwear or nudes, i would prefer the old fashioned model where you get to rent the who body and holes by the hour in a comfy flat, our your own home!!! 

HOLA4410
18 minutes ago, markyh said:

They are rich, you are are a pleb, plebs buy after IPO on the open market to pump the big boys bags.  Maybe if you have £20m to spend and are registered as and institutional grade investor / banker, they will let you play early. 

You £5k you want to put in is their lunch bill. 

sounds like investing in crypto now. 

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, longgone said:

sounds like investing in crypto now. 

IPO has always worked that way, a big chunk sold to the big boys off the open market before they let the public pump their bags, sell into them. 

If you look at the Facebook IPO the price rocketed at first, then all the big boys sold into the market at a huge profit and after 6 months Facebooks share price was below the IPO price. 

If you can resist the urge it is usually always better to buy 3-6 months after an IPO.  But.................. i wouldnt wait for Coinbase 1/2 way though a Bitcoin bull run, they could be 10x the IPO price in six months if Bitcoin is $200k+

HOLA4412
17 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Thanks, so only 4 registered with FCA and others who have temporary registration including eToro, in saying that FCA page says the following, so doesn't appear FCA registration gives any protection apart from fact they are complying with anti-laundering regulations:

"As most cryptoassets are not specified investments under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA), it is unlikely that you will be protected by the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This is the same for both registered firms or firms with temporary registration. The firm should provide you with information about the potential risks and whether their products and services are covered by these protections. Please visit our webpages on cryptoassets AML/CTF regime. opens in a new window and cryptoasset registration. opens in a new window for more information. "

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, longgone said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9337843/Woman-millionaire-TWO-YEARS-starting-OnlyFans.html

'I've got a portfolio of properties that I look after as well as my supplements and my OnlyFans pages, so I have enough on my plate and need to remind myself not to be greedy sometimes.'

How much income do you yourself get from onlyfans, longie?.

Edited by wighty

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, markyh said:

IPO has always worked that way, a big chunk sold to the big boys off the open market before they let the public pump their bags, sell into them. 

If you look at the Facebook IPO the price rocketed at first, then all the big boys sold into the market at a huge profit and after 6 months Facebooks share price was below the IPO price. 

If you can resist the urge it is usually always better to buy 3-6 months after an IPO.  But.................. i wouldnt wait for Coinbase 1/2 way though a Bitcoin bull run, they could be 10x the IPO price in six months if Bitcoin is $200k+

so you think if i stuck 5k into coinbase shares i could cash out 25k pretty soon after 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, petetong said:

Thanks, so only 4 registered with FCA and others who have temporary registration including eToro, in saying that FCA page says the following, so doesn't appear FCA registration gives any protection apart from fact they are complying with anti-laundering regulations:

"As most cryptoassets are not specified investments under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA), it is unlikely that you will be protected by the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This is the same for both registered firms or firms with temporary registration. The firm should provide you with information about the potential risks and whether their products and services are covered by these protections. Please visit our webpages on cryptoassets AML/CTF regime. opens in a new window and cryptoasset registration. opens in a new window for more information. "

They are working on it. FCA has to get comfortable with the companies in this space.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, longgone said:

so you think if i stuck 5k into coinbase shares i could cash out 25k pretty soon after 

Maybe, as an exchange Coinbase makes wonga on fees for buys and sells and trading on the way up, or the way down for Bitcoin. I would expect exagerated gainz as Bitcoin goes higher and more and more buyers pile in, and smaller moves in share price as Bitcoin crashes and more become sellers but new accounts dont get opened. 

There is always buying and selling fees, bull or bear market. 

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, markyh said:

I hope all the worlds callgirls and prozzies dont all switch to this, rather than send money to see only girls on video in underwear or nudes, i would prefer the old fashioned model where you get to rent the who body and holes by the hour in a comfy flat, our your own home!!! 

This is one for @Buffer Bear 😁

Edit: By 'one' I mean 'post to read', not 'potential job prospect'. 🥺 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
On 05/04/2021 at 02:39, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Massive news if true BB. We’ll find out in May. 

Indeed.

7 hours ago, markyh said:

Basically, a new global FIAT reserve, that includes the $ USD but is not the $ USD  , and most other G20 currencies, and then the whole G20 print at once in unison to create the new global fiat, either SDR's or whatever they rename it as. 

They are forcing inflation globally, it's they only way they can see out, print, print, print. 

Buy Bitcoin, buy hard assets, load up on low interest debt, be prepared for a repeat of the 1970's inflation and huge wage inflation. All cash savings are going to be wiped out, @longgone , your £200k cash will be worth the equivilent of £2k in under 10 years, bread will cost £5 loaf, minimum wage will be £25 p/h.  My £250k+ mortgage will feel like a £25k mortgage. 

Just Sayin'

Thanks for your signature analysis.

Clearly they're really scared about the 'global' economy, well, maybe not China & Russia but I'm not sure China will want to play along as their influence has grown significantly.  As for debt, it's clear I need some!

7 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Just Saylorin'.

💯

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA4425